Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMOD V6 - testing!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 06:35 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by nonschlont
thanks guys/tephra. Im gonna check out scantech. Im trying to contribute to this thread here, but it seems like Im starting off on the wrong foot... Im gonna go over all my tables again later...

Well jumped in the car after work, and cell... again, on my rom... weird??? The only thing I know I changed were the MUT's for the new logging parameters. 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 (which I cant get these new parameters to log) i added to the .xml and added new data items...
And the bit I was referring to earlier was (fea) bit. 14

I copy/pasted my old MUT table, and changed (fea) bit. 14 back to "0", and flashed the car, and the cell went away... IDK
wait: just thought of something... I only copy/pasted (00,01,02,03,04,05) into the (tephra) MUT table
Try running with the original MUT values in tephra's ROM and change that periphery bit. It might not be a bad idea to grab that CEL first.

Scantech never worked for me, but DTC in evoscan have been working like a charm with no setup....

Originally Posted by evodood
I used a turbo timer harness for all my power supply items...gauges, map switch, etc. It's cheap and plugs directly into the ignition keyswitch behind the steering column, so your power should be steady. Just cut off the plug end meant for the TT and you have a neat prewiring for a constant batt+ and a switched batt+, for any accessories you want.
Originally Posted by fixem2
any links?
Something like these I'm guessing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HKS-T...ht_2503wt_1110
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-07...#ht_1914wt_952

I'm not normally shy about splicing wires, but I haven't had to on the ECU yet so I'd rather not. I may just order one of those harnesses. It seems like there has to be, but can you verify 100% that there is one output on it that is ignition only and doen't cut while cranking?

Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by fostytou; Mar 10, 2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fostytou
Try running with the original MUT values in tephra's ROM and change that periphery bit. It might not be a bad idea to grab that CEL first.

Scantech never worked for me, but DTC in evoscan have been working like a charm with no setup....

I'm not normally shy about splicing wires, but I haven't had to on the ECU yet so I'd rather not. I may just order one of those harnesses. It seems like there has to be, but can you verify 100% that there is one output on it that is ignition only and doen't cut while cranking?

Thanks for the tip!
I copy/pasted my MUT table and switched the bit back, and gave it another shot this morning... All is well now. I dont know what I was thinking leaving the MUT table... it was late.

anyways... I can verify that "gear dependant boost" control is working properly!
I can also verify that the "knock cell" is working as well. getting the cell back. lol

Awesome stuff! I cant wait to actually spend some time w/ this. thank you Tephra for all of your hard work! also thanks to the vets. for helping out the newbs like myself!

Last edited by nonschlont; Mar 26, 2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the tip!
Those are them. I have an generic one like the second.

As for any power cut while cranking...I've never noticed my gauges lag even for a moment. I have my Alt map switch power (with led while on), gauges and zt2 all tapped for power there.

I've never noticed a flicker or even the led blink out, from the intial turn of the switch to start cranking to it's release to the run position. If there is a brief cut it would have to be returned nearly instantly (i would think) for the led to not even show notice.

The only time I notice a cut in that switch is when the ignition switch is going from the accessory position to starting (cause i notice the radio go out). The harness could also give you a power lead to accessory power. Just don't us the accessroy "on" wire as your power and you shouldn't have an issue.

I don't know of any better test expect maybe this weekend, hook up my meter and run the continuity buzzer the whole time and see if it cuts out at all.

Need me to try that?

Last edited by evodood; Mar 10, 2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:48 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by evodood
Those are them. I have an generic one like the second.

As for any power cut while cranking...I've never noticed my gauges lag even for a moment. I have my Alt map switch power (with led while on), gauges and zt2 all tapped for power there.

I've never noticed a flicker or even the led blink out, from the intial turn of the switch to start cranking to it's release to the run position. If there is a brief cut it would have to be returned nearly instantly (i would think) for the led to not even show notice.

The only time I notice a cut in that switch is when the ignition switch is going from the accessory position to starting (cause i notice the radio go out). The harness could also give you a power lead to accessory power. Just don't us the accessroy "on" wire as your power and you shouldn't have an issue.

I don't know of any better test expect maybe this weekend, hook up my meter and run the continuity buzzer the whole time and see if it cuts out at all.

Need me to try that?
If they LEDs don't turn off that should be fine. Do you know offhand which [color] wire is the ignition on only wire?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Just bought a HKS harness on ebay for 18.95 + Free shipping. Figured it was worth it to have a clean tap wire.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:45 AM

So just to clarify some things here. Can you have 2 harness plugged into each other?

Ignition>TT harness (for TT)>TT harness (for guages)>ECU
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:31 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by eclipzed
So just to clarify some things here. Can you have 2 harness plugged into each other?

Ignition>TT harness (for TT)>TT harness (for guages)>ECU
Other than clutter and an extra connection to come loose; I don't see why you couldn't....

or you can just properly tap the first harness you put in.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
How are things looking for the 88590615 patch? Bug-free so far? I'm ready to write the flex-fuel patch for the v6 ROM.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 08:33 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by mrfred
How are things looking for the 88590615 patch? Bug-free so far? I'm ready to write the flex-fuel patch for the v6 ROM.
Working great for me If I had this I'm not sure what else I would ever want as far as ECU mods are concerned

We've come a long way!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 08:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Working great for me If I had this I'm not sure what else I would ever want as far as ECU mods are concerned

We've come a long way!
Excellent. Thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Seemed to be running well on my car for a few days - now my car is at the dealer getting a new quarter panel do to rusting (under warranty) so I wont have it back till next week to really start playing with the new features but I am happy with all the new things we have.

What all will we need for this flex-fuel patch?
Old Mar 12, 2009, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

This hears very interesting. Do you plan to use the fuel trims as fuel mixture indicator?

mlocatel
Old Mar 12, 2009, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mlocatel
This hears very interesting. Do you plan to use the fuel trims as fuel mixture indicator?

mlocatel
Based on past discussions, I would assume that he will be using the GM (or similar) flex fuel sensor.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We've come a long way!
Great to hear. I just got a puppy so i haven't had much car time. I am planning in the next week or two to play with this.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

QUOTE=mrfred;6799803]How are things looking for the 88590615 patch? Bug-free so far? I'm ready to write the flex-fuel patch for the v6 ROM.[/QUOTE]

seems to be working perfectly w/ me as well. My only issue is noticing my "knock cell" flashing a lil more than I thought, cruising... I have some work to do...

Tephra... donation on the way!
edit: donation made!

Last edited by nonschlont; Mar 12, 2009 at 12:42 PM.

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V6 - testing!