Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMOD V6 - testing!

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2009, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tephra I am having the same problem as Tom with the galant. I did like you said and just copied the rom into the rommetadata folder copied all my stuff over to your rom and when I flashed the car it wouldnt start afterwards.

I would try what you told Tom but Im not to sure what you mean ?

Sorry for the dumb questions I thought it was going to start and run mint guess not.
Old May 5, 2009, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you converting to the V7 96530006 from another ROM, if so disable the immobilzer to very it works. Then follow the immobilzer hex instructions in the ECU Wiki, http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/96530006
Old May 5, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I will make two 9653 EVO 8 USDM version's so you guys can test, just put in your timing/fuel/immob, etc...and you are ready to rock. The weather is still crappy here and looks like it will not clear up until Saturday, so I have been unable to test.

Dave, I will email you the files if you don't mind and you can choose whether you want to post them up or not.

~Zach
Old May 5, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

Dave, you got mail!
Old May 5, 2009, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

If Dave chooses not to post the modified files if you want I can send you the modified files directly just PM me with your email and I will send them over along with the appropriate XML files used.

~Zach
Old May 5, 2009, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

OK guys, I got word from Dave to put up the modified ROM's here is what was done to each

THESE FILES ARE THE LATEST v7t6 EDIT, FOR THE OLDER t5 EDIT PM ME!

WARNING THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH MY WEB HOST AND THE FILES WERE CORRUPT! PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD! THEY ARE NOW ZIP FILES THAT INCLUDE EVERYTHING YOU NEED JUST LIKE TEPHRA RELEASES!

Download 1

Download 1 is File name: 96530706-v7t6-mods.zip
1. Immob. fixed to work on USDM cars

Download 2

Downloads 2 is File name: 96530706-v7t6-mods-phenem.zip
2. mrfred psi based boost implemented (just edit Tephra's gear dependant map)
3. OBD II Inspection ready for EVAP and EGR
4. Disabled EGR and EVAP
5. Disabled P0300 code
6. Disabled lean spool
7. Disabled boost cut
8. Disabled boost delay cut

Any USDM 8 should be able to run the second map without any trouble and pass emissions and everything, just copy in the standard stuff, immob, fuel, timing, etc...

Let me know if there is anything else that needs done.

~Zach

Last edited by phenem; Jun 27, 2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old May 5, 2009, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

For those of us that have converted and are still running EGR and EVAP, what Periphery need turned back active or does it matter?
Old May 6, 2009, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by phenem
OK guys, I got word from Dave to put up the modified ROM's here is what was done to each

Download 1 - right click save as, make sure you save it has .bin and not .txt!

Download 1 is File name: 96530706-v7t5-mods.bin

Download 2 - right click save as, make sure you save it has .bin and not .txt!

Downloads 2 is File name: 96530706-v7t5-mods-phenem.bin
2. mrfred psi based boost implemented (just edit Tephra's gear dependant map)
3. OBD II Inspection ready for EVAP and EGR
4. Disabled EGR and EVAP
5. Disabled P0300 code
6. Disabled lean spool

Any USDM 8 should be able to run the second map without any trouble and pass emissions and everything, just copy in the standard stuff, immob, fuel, timing, etc...

Let me know if there is anything else that needs done.

~Zach
When I try to open the rom, ecuflash gives me a read error.
Old May 6, 2009, 03:39 AM
Evolved Member

Yah Im having the same problem Im not sure what it is. I have tephra's 706 xml file in my ecuflash folder but it doesnt seem to matter.

Edited: It still doesnt seem to work. I can open a 706 rom from tephra but not yours phenem. It is saved as a .bin file also.

Last edited by Evo8Emperor; May 6, 2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old May 6, 2009, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

OK guys a couple of things need addressed here.

WARNING THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH MY WEB HOST AND THE FILES WERE CORRUPT! PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD! THEY ARE NOW ZIP FILES THAT INCLUDE EVERYTHING YOU NEED JUST LIKE TEPHRA RELEASES!

First you still need to put the Tephra XML file that he included in his v7t5 zip file a couple of posts ago. I will put in the zip file with the ROM's I edited. Make sure you put the XML file in your XML definitions folder in ECUFlash. That will fix the issues some of you are having with not being able to read the files.

Second as far and EVAP and EGR go you don't need to worry about it, this ROM DOES NOT HAVE IT! There is no way to turn it on! So I left it off in the periphery bits (because you have to) but applied the patch so that it still shows up in the readyness monitors as being ready and complete. That way you won't have a problem getting an inspection while running this ROM. Test it if you don't believe me. Look at the Periphery bits and verify they are off and use ScanTool to check the readyness state of the EVAP/EGR and you should see they are ready and complete.

Finally just go back to the original post and re-download. They are zip files now with everything you need in each, I reccomend you guys use the one that has all the edits done that way you don't have to do them.

LIKE DAVE SAYS, BE CARE FULL AND MAKE SURE THE LITTLE THINGS ARE WORKING FIRST! WATCH YOUR BOOST AS YOU START TO MAKE WOT PULLS. THERE WAS A BOOST ISSUE WITH THE ORIGINAL V5 ROM AND WE FIXED IT, BUT YOU NEVER KNOW. PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND KEEP US POSTED ON THE STATUS.

Let me know if you are having any other weird issues.

~Zach

Last edited by phenem; May 6, 2009 at 06:35 AM.
Old May 6, 2009, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tom04841
When I try to open the rom, ecuflash gives me a read error.
Can you edit your post above and get rid of the quote stuff from me. It might confuse people on which post to click on to download the files and what you quoted is wrong and I have fixed the links now.

Thanks,
Zach
Old May 6, 2009, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

In case anyone cares here is the additional XML definitions that might come in handy with the 9653 guys:

Regular IPW Adder (not alt-maps) and KnockSum decay timer:

Code:
<table name="Cranking Enrichment IPW Adder (Main)" address="58d0" category="Fuel" type="2D" scaling="TimeInjCranking">
	<table name="Coolant Temperature" address="69d8" type="Y Axis" elements="9" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="KnockSum decay timer" category="Knock Control" address="1784" type="1D" scaling="uint16"/>
Immob. Hex:

Code:
<table name="Immobilizer Hex" category="Misc" address="ffa" type="1D" level="2" scaling="Hex16"/>
I put these definitions in my 96530006.XML in ECUFlash because these are part of the regular definitions within a 9653 ROM.
Old May 6, 2009, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

in case some of you are as challenged as myself, it helps to have the evo7base 20081101 that comes in ecuflash1.41
Old May 7, 2009, 08:33 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This may be a really silly question.... but it doesn't seem like there is a way to set this up (since the RPM in NLTS can't be negative).

Would it be possible to set up something up to be similar to a crude synchro-rev match (not exactly, but similar) where the RPM raised a certain amount, possibly a correct/calculated value per gear if you were below a certain RPM. It won't be quite as functional since we don't have electronic throttle (go evo X!) but I could certainly see it being helpful.

IE, I don't really need NLTS below 5000 RPM, but on a road coarse it would be really nice to have smooth downshifts. So below 5k (settable switchover, or even use the input calculations to determine where) learn speed/RPM of next gear down, if you are flooring the gas set a rev limiter that would be the correct upward RPM for the speed in that next gear down (even if it were close, it would be closer than me).... this rev limiter could even vary as speed decreases if that was easy enough. Then once you cross over 5k or the calculated shift down-possibility area go to NLTS for up-shift.

Obviously this could be enabled/disabled just as any other mod... I don't see it being great for everyone, but it would be awesome for road racers and auto-x folks. I think the only "obstacles" would be getting calculations correct, "locking" the "mode" (nlts or rev-match) while the clutch was in and testing. I don't think we would even need a load variable since the worst-case it would have a lower-than-redline limiter which would probably be good for everyone.

It seems like it would be alot easier to do this now that the ECU knows what gear it is in.

Worst case we can be more-crude about it and just do rev-limiter-raise under this RPM, and lock that value while the clutch is in.

Here is a video for reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27gW9ZS0rkI

Last edited by fostytou; May 7, 2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old May 7, 2009, 11:22 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
I've been disassembling the ISCV routines for the past week or so. There may be a way to manipulate the tables to at least get the RPM to float at ~3000-4000 rpm with the clutch pushed in and the foot off the gas. Might need to have some minimum speed thing too to keep it from happening during daily driving.

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V6 - testing!