ECU Flash

TephraMOD V6 - testing!

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2009, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fostytou
I expected you knew

First post, Evoscan XML in big red letters . Missing anything else?
Oh jeeze lol. I run v5.10 so I checked his first post there and never realized I didn't check the first post for v6. Thanks man lol.
Old May 8, 2009, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got back from testing and I was able to get everything tested. TPS, valet, AutoICS, you name it everything works!

Dave, quick question, can you add columns to the load scaling? Add more like the 9 has? The 8 only has 19 and the 9 has 21, any chance to make it 21 so we have more load resolution? If it's tough no big deal.....

The only reason I ask is because I am hitting a high load and don't want to loose the low end resolution.
Old May 8, 2009, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Oh Turco, my buddy Bill (Spins4) will probably come chill with us when you come visit whenever. He just installed a BR Race FMIC and piping and an EVO IX turbo and I ported the turbo, exhaust mani, and O2 housing at my machine shop for him so once we tune it he should be doing pretty well
I love doing random searches for my name..lol But ya, I will deff be down for a hangout. Who knows, maybe we can sneak a few group pics

Sweet deal

I convinced Bill to sell the 35R kit since he needed another $1000-$2000 in supporting mods really and he really didnt have that sum of cash. So I told him that 400+whp is still attainable with the IX turbo, Race FMIC and his meth for now, then save for an FP greed or RED down the road with less modding required.
I believe at some point your exact words were,,"it will give you something to do this winter"

Old May 8, 2009, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by phenem
Dave, quick question, can you add columns to the load scaling? Add more like the 9 has? The 8 only has 19 and the 9 has 21, any chance to make it 21 so we have more load resolution? If it's tough no big deal.....

The only reason I ask is because I am hitting a high load and don't want to loose the low end resolution.
This is going to become a bigger deal over time with a lot more high HP stock ECU cars roaming the streets these days...especially with Dave Buschur jumping into the stock ECU realm. I'm all for as much resolution as we possibly can get! lol. At least for the timing.

Originally Posted by Spins4
I believe at some point your exact words were,,"it will give you something to do this winter"

I plead the 5th
Old May 8, 2009, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tom04841
Well, I took tried out the v7.5 rom that phemen posted. It started...YAY.

Went for a cruise and got on it, iand the car fell on its face and spitted and sputtered at anything over 1/4 throttle. I compared it to my 9927 rom which runs great, and could not find any differences between the fuel and timing maps, nor any other tables that you would think would effect drivability.

Loaded 9927 back in, and it ran fine.

Any ideas?
Did you change anything else in the ROM besides the stock maps that were defined? I saw you posted in the Knock maps and you might be changing that. If you have ECUFlash 1.41 they are already defined, just edit them there.

Last edited by phenem; May 8, 2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old May 8, 2009, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

So I loaded the evoscan stuff in my data.xml file and then when I went to re-arrange the order it has an error that says "Index was outside the bounds of the array" so I assumed it was a coding mistake so I removed what i added. Now it still says it. It DEFINITELY let me edit the list prior to this cuz I just did it 2 days ago. Any ideas?
Old May 8, 2009, 05:18 PM

Well, I took tried out the v7.5 rom that phemen posted. It started...YAY.

Went for a cruise and got on it, iand the car fell on its face and spitted and sputtered at anything over 1/4 throttle. I compared it to my 9927 rom which runs great, and could not find any differences between the fuel and timing maps, nor any other tables that you would think would effect drivability.

Loaded 9927 back in, and it ran fine.

Any ideas?
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Do you have a mitsu 3bar MAP or stock?
I have the stock map sensor....should I be running the 3 bar? If so, I have a gm 3 bar sitting on my shelf, is it possible to use that and rescale for it?
Old May 8, 2009, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

So I loaded the evoscan stuff in my data.xml file and then when I went to re-arrange the order it has an error that says "Index was outside the bounds of the array" so I assumed it was a coding mistake so I removed what i added. Now it still says it. It DEFINITELY let me edit the list prior to this cuz I just did it 2 days ago. Any ideas?
Same exact problem here, it logs fine but it does give me the exact same error.

Also every now and then the 1 byte load will jump either really high for 1 data point and go back to normal or really low for 1 data point. Any ideas?
Old May 8, 2009, 05:21 PM

Did you change anything else in the ROM besides the stock maps that were defined? I saw you posted in the Knock maps and you might be changing that. If you have ECUFlash 1.41 they are already defined, just edit them there.
All I did was copy the high octane fuel and timing maps, maf scaling, and inj scaling from my 9927 rom to this rom. I didn't change anything else
Old May 8, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

All I did was copy the high octane fuel and timing maps, maf scaling, and inj scaling from my 9927 rom to this rom. I didn't change anything else
I am almost positive you have to have the JDM 3 bar to run this setup. Anyone know for sure?

This ROM is setup to run the JDM 3 bar from the factory, I do know that.
Old May 8, 2009, 05:34 PM

I am almost positive you have to have the JDM 3 bar to run this setup. Anyone know for sure?

This ROM is setup to run the JDM 3 bar from the factory, I do know that.
Is it possible to use my gm 3bar?
Old May 8, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Is it possible to use my gm 3bar?
Probably, but I have no idea how and what tables need changed.....
Old May 8, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm Ill check my logs but Ive been running v7 now fine. Im just going by my 1 byte load which seems fine also. Ive been doing a lot of logging now to with the meth kit. Just was out testing.
Old May 9, 2009, 01:26 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Same exact problem here, it logs fine but it does give me the exact same error.

Also every now and then the 1 byte load will jump either really high for 1 data point and go back to normal or really low for 1 data point. Any ideas?

log??

maybe you need to increase your load factor (both rom and evoscan)
Old May 9, 2009, 03:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra
log??

maybe you need to increase your load factor (both rom and evoscan)
Can you explain what that load factor does? I just noticed that in the ROM the load factor was 1.2 but in EVOScan the formula was 1.3*x

Would this mess it up? I changed the ROM to match EVOScan so they are both 1.3 now.

I am hitting about 320 load and holding 290 by 7k so what would you suggest my 2byte to 1byte load factor be?

Can you provide us with what MUT values we should log for what? I know you have it defined in the first post but I am getting weird values for airflow, its just a static value all the time.....

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V6 - testing!