Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMOD V6 - testing!

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2009, 02:08 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I haven't been keeping up to date on this thread so trying to find info about stuff is a bit daunting.

For TPS map switching, I take it you key to ON, then hold down throttle at WOT for however many seconds you set and it switches the map? I take it if the car is actually running, you can't switch the map or it would just switch maps on you at WOT in 4th and 5th.

Also, for the Boost drop on Knock, does it just revert WGDC to 0% for the amount of time you set? If so, does it interpolate to your base WGDC after the time is up? Meaning does the WGDC shoot from 0% to whatever WGDC you have in the table once the timer is up, or does it smoothly come back to base WGDC?
Old May 28, 2009, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/al...-analyzer.html
http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA.htm
Any plan to integrate the output wire of the ECA (possibly as an alternative for the ecu pin assigned for the switch mod) in order to interpolate between the hi/low maps in order to run any mix of gas/e85?

Analog Outputs Signal Range
Ethanol Percentage 0-5 Volts 0% to 100%

Maps will probably have to interpolated on the fly depending on the %ethanol being read. Assuming lo map is for gas and hi is for ethanol, the only additional user input that would need to be created is what content ethanol was used when tuning the lo/hi map. If not known, the user can assume 10% for lo and 85% for hi. This means that between ethanol content below 10%, in between 10% and 85%, and above 85% will be linearized.

Is this tough to implement?

Last edited by silex; May 28, 2009 at 03:17 PM.
Old May 28, 2009, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
So I haven't been keeping up to date on this thread so trying to find info about stuff is a bit daunting.
Yes we know as we heard the crickets, between your posts. :P

For TPS map switching, I take it you key to ON, then hold down throttle at WOT for however many seconds you set and it switches the map? I take it if the car is actually running, you can't switch the map or it would just switch maps on you at WOT in 4th and 5th.
If you use TPS for switching you loose the valet mode, cause you turn it on (switch maps) the same way. So if you wanna keep valet mode and have map switching you need to keep the switch-ics switching.

Also, for the Boost drop on Knock, does it just revert WGDC to 0% for the amount of time you set? If so, does it interpolate to your base WGDC after the time is up? Meaning does the WGDC shoot from 0% to whatever WGDC you have in the table once the timer is up, or does it smoothly come back to base WGDC?
no clue here, ill let the other guys answer you.
Old May 28, 2009, 05:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
with TPS map switching you NEED/MUST disable Valet mode...

activation/deactivation is exactly the same as Valet, so RPM MUST = 0 (ie car off)

boost drop - yup drops to 0wgdc, when timer expires the bwgdc is returned (not smoothly interpolated)

ALTHOUGH - I believe the ECU smooths it a little, if you log RPM/TPS/WGDC you will see a slight small jumping affect rather than one huge leap for mankind :P

Someone log it and post please

I still need someone to verify that ADC0F map switching is working OR broken
Old May 28, 2009, 06:55 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Guys running the 96530706 V7t5 ROM that say 'everything is working fine' can you PLEASE make sure to define what you have actually tested?

'everything' is working fine for me too, but not exactly I cannot get map switching to work to save my life. I have tried everything tephra, even the TPS method, no luck. I did turn it off all together and enable valet mode to make sure that would work, and it did.

The WGDC when load < 200 is AWESOME the car definitely feels more snappy! Thank you tephra! MAP Averaging (first time finally testing this) works well too, I need to mod my rom a bit to get it a bit more stable versus my old setup.

Seriously, does anyone with 96530706 V7t5 ROM have mapswitching CONFIRMED working?
Old May 28, 2009, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scheides
Guys running the 96530706 V7t5 ROM that say 'everything is working fine' can you PLEASE make sure to define what you have actually tested?

'everything' is working fine for me too, but not exactly I cannot get map switching to work to save my life. I have tried everything tephra, even the TPS method, no luck. I did turn it off all together and enable valet mode to make sure that would work, and it did.

The WGDC when load < 200 is AWESOME the car definitely feels more snappy! Thank you tephra! MAP Averaging (first time finally testing this) works well too, I need to mod my rom a bit to get it a bit more stable versus my old setup.

Seriously, does anyone with 96530706 V7t5 ROM have mapswitching CONFIRMED working?
Everything is working for me but I drive an 03 EVO with map switching set to AutoICS, that all works perfect!

Hopefully someone can test that doesn't have AutoICS with this map and experiences the same problems you do so it can be fixed...
Old May 28, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm almost positive I tested (physical switch) map switching here, but I'll check again tomorrow morning.

I'm iffy on the WGDC=100% when load<200 thing. Stoplight behavior is a little more reasonable now that I've bumped up the TPS threshold for it, but it was a little quirky when leaving the light in a "spirited" manner.

On the other hand, my inner ricer is amused at the car's behavior when I mash the gas at the line now; with 100% WGDC and launch fuel/timing going WOT at 1000 RPM, it sounds like I'm getting up on a converter at first.
Old May 28, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know that the map switching* is taking place, when my aquamist is armed, via JOT's cable.
So that should indicate a regular switch should work.

* I have not tried anything other than fuel and timing maps though. I do get a flashing ics signal too.
Old May 28, 2009, 09:14 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by silex
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/al...-analyzer.html
http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/ECA/ECA.htm
Any plan to integrate the output wire of the ECA (possibly as an alternative for the ecu pin assigned for the switch mod) in order to interpolate between the hi/low maps in order to run any mix of gas/e85?

Analog Outputs Signal Range
Ethanol Percentage 0-5 Volts 0% to 100%

Maps will probably have to interpolated on the fly depending on the %ethanol being read. Assuming lo map is for gas and hi is for ethanol, the only additional user input that would need to be created is what content ethanol was used when tuning the lo/hi map. If not known, the user can assume 10% for lo and 85% for hi. This means that between ethanol content below 10%, in between 10% and 85%, and above 85% will be linearized.

Is this tough to implement?
Yes, MrFred is working on the patch. He even posted about it in that and this thread

Unfortunately you still have to buy the GM sensor and that Zeitronix unit to get it to work.
Old May 28, 2009, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scheides

Yes, map switching confirmed working here using the ICS switch.
Old May 28, 2009, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SeanV
I have the 96530706 V7t5 ROM installed on my car and so far everything seems to be working 100%.

But now I have problems when using the MapTracer function with EvoScan 2.6 Beta11.
The logging works fine, and when I got into MapTracer I get the following error.

If I flash the 69530006 V5.12 Rom on my car and do a log, then open with MapTracer, everything works fine.

I rely very heavily on the MapTracer function to tune the car and it would be a shame to have to loose the MapTracer function to use the V7t5 mods.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thx for looking.
Bumping this up, anyone have the same issues and/or fixes?

Thx
Old May 28, 2009, 11:10 PM

haven't logged it but pretty certain the map switching is working here too (ICS switch) as I was comparing boost profiles on my way back from a service the other day and there was a difference - which I am trying to sort out!
The ICS light is also flashing.
Would be interested to see some peoples launch maps as I have never had this on my EDM VIII.

On the problem with evoscan, I simply copy my maps into a dummy "normal" hex file then open that in the map tracer function. So I use either a copy of a 99270000 or 96530006 file and open that in the bottom window. It is only the fueling and timing your comparing to any way.

Last edited by roguck; May 28, 2009 at 11:13 PM.
Old May 29, 2009, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by roguck
haven't logged it but pretty certain the map switching is working here too (ICS switch) as I was comparing boost profiles on my way back from a service the other day and there was a difference - which I am trying to sort out!
The ICS light is also flashing.
Would be interested to see some peoples launch maps as I have never had this on my EDM VIII.

On the problem with evoscan, I simply copy my maps into a dummy "normal" hex file then open that in the map tracer function. So I use either a copy of a 99270000 or 96530006 file and open that in the bottom window. It is only the fueling and timing your comparing to any way.
I'll try and post my launch map after this evening (going to the track). It wasn't available until this version of the tephra rom, but I can assure you that it *does* work.

I don't know about alt-maps, I don't have a use for them (yet).
Old May 29, 2009, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Lattitude 48.38°, Longitude 17.58°, Altitude 146m = Slovakia, for common dude
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dave I could not find 88590715, so I have patched Rear O2 heater and Inspection bits in v6t1 and updated xml accordingly.

arrrgh, 100kB limit I cannot upload it here...

May I send it to your e-mail?

Last edited by acamus; May 29, 2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old May 29, 2009, 10:04 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SeanV
Bumping this up, anyone have the same issues and/or fixes?

Thx
Don't use the full XML for the rom... just copy the pertinent timing/fuel tables into the evoscan xml directory.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7078367-post16.html

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V6 - testing!