Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMOD V6 - testing!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
sorry to drift off on this v6 topic but i have a quick question. i just finished the v5.10 for my 2003 evo8 ''rom 94170015'' is this v6 available for this map and is it bug free like the v5.10 and lastly do i have to do this all over again. hahah.thanks guys for the help
There will be no 94170015 ROM for this patch all EVO 8's will be required to run 96530006 ROM, which all EVO 8's can run without a problem. There will be two versions of this map a USDM and non-USDM.

So to answer your question yes you will have to covert again and this time to a completely different ROM.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When is V7 planned to be released? I want to gauge a time frame when mrfred will be able to start working a flex fuel option
Old Jun 9, 2009, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by phenem
Did you add the appropriate XML that Tephra included in his release?
Huh? You mean evoscan xml for logging? I just thought it was copy his Ecuflash mod xml into the directory, add appropriate defs to evoscan and voila?

Are you using my modded version or Tephra's version and you are modding it yourself? If you are modding it yourself download my version and try that too, maybe there is something you are not copying over.
I downloaded your modded xml (0300, obdII ready, lean spool disable) and that wasn't working correctly.

I've since installed a clean version of ecuflash in a new directory, downloaded tephra's rom and begun patching it. First mod will be immob, then I'll copy my maps and see if that fixed the problem. If it did, then I'll port my other mods over. Though I won't be able to test any of this until I get home from BFE, Montana.

Make sure you copy in the appropriate XML that Tephra includes because you do have to delete any previous v6 or v7 XML that you might have in your ECUFlash directory.

I have 100% confirmed WGDC working perfectly as expected. If you look a few posts up I was having issues but it was my min load for WGDC map that was the culprit.
My last rom (94170015 v5.10) used a different rom xml and a different evo7 base than the new one (96530706 v7t5) so cross contamination is not possible.

Maybe I missed some of his xml in the eleventy billion pages of this thread. All I saw was the evoscan xml and a patch he wrote and sent to you dealing with WGCD, but I thought that was prior to V7t5? Maybe I'm blind. Maybe it's time for a fresh v7 thread...who knows, but I'm off to drink some
Old Jun 9, 2009, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dude
Maybe I missed some of his xml in the eleventy billion pages of this thread. All I saw was the evoscan xml and a patch he wrote and sent to you dealing with WGCD, but I thought that was prior to V7t5? Maybe I'm blind. Maybe it's time for a fresh v7 thread...who knows, but I'm off to drink some
there is definitely a lot to read in this thread, and I think a lot of it will be made more clear when v7 is fo sho released. It took me a good day or two to figure out what I needed to look at when I made the change from 5.10 (which is apparently a lot less than most people )

Another thing to keep in mind, be careful what you use to modify your XML's, I've been using wordpad for years and for whatever reason in the past two months its started corrupting the files.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 04:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
V7 will be released ONCE someone confirms whether ADC0F map switching is working or not.

Apparently everything else is tested ok...
Old Jun 9, 2009, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by linuxman51
there is definitely a lot to read in this thread, and I think a lot of it will be made more clear when v7 is fo sho released. It took me a good day or two to figure out what I needed to look at when I made the change from 5.10 (which is apparently a lot less than most people )

Another thing to keep in mind, be careful what you use to modify your XML's, I've been using wordpad for years and for whatever reason in the past two months its started corrupting the files.
I agree with linuxman here there is so much involved, I think the best way is to just make sure the AD0F switching is working with someone that can test successfully. Once this is done and v7 is released we can troubleshoot the issues.

Also I believe tephra is going to release an entire XML instead of including from other XML's to eliminate these sort of issues.

I can put together a complete XML for the v7 test if you need to help push along the testing.

~Zach
Old Jun 9, 2009, 05:35 PM
EvoM Guru

what xml issues?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra
what xml issues?
Create an entire XML so people don't have to delete their old mod's and we don't have to troubleshoot why they can't edit the right maps and what not.

There have been a couple people on here have issues because they didn't clean out their XML files prior to the v7 test download.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 05:44 PM
EvoM Guru

I was just going to change the category from "TephraMod" to "TephraModV7"

That way it doesn't clash with the existing items...
Old Jun 9, 2009, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

I was just going to change the category from "TephraMod" to "TephraModV7"

That way it doesn't clash with the existing items...
That would work too but don't you think from a support perspective that it will be easier to be 100% sure they are using the correct XML and everyone will be the same then? Kinda going off the idea of having a global ROM for all EVO 8's why not include the global XML for the ROM to be universal in all aspects. Just an idea, doesn't have to be done, from a computer perspective and helping people it would be much easier.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 05:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Yeh but then I have to maintain that XML. :P

When ppl want new things added they will come to me - I would rather not have to worry about that sorta thing...
Old Jun 9, 2009, 05:54 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
V7 will be released ONCE someone confirms whether ADC0F map switching is working or not.

Apparently everything else is tested ok...
If you make up an 88590715, I'll test out ADC_0F.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

^ The man himself chimes in

I guess it's okay to create new a new XML for this purpose, but it could get out of hand pretty quick and hard to track things as newer versions come out.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Yeh but then I have to maintain that XML. :P

When ppl want new things added they will come to me - I would rather not have to worry about that sorta thing...
I will do it, I have a ton of tables for the 9653 ROM and I am on the computer / forums enough to manage something like this.

OR

We can post it up on the Wiki and have people add / delete things on there and give a base XML with your v7 and then if they want to add things refer them to the Wiki.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 05:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Maybe just do it that way then.

I'll release the mini-xml in the zip, and then on the 1st post we can link to a full xml that ppl can use if they want to (or are having problems)

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V6 - testing!