Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMOD V6 - testing!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I got a couple of PM's in my inbox about the launch map settings I have. Here is a screen shot:

Things to note:

I am not using the factory two-step!!!!

I have a dynatek CDI ignition box with a built in launch control. This is set at 5k and engages when I pull up on the emergency brake. This is drastically different than the factory two-step setup. My factory stationary rev limiter is set to 7800 and my standard rev limiter is set to 7600 so I will never use my factory two-step.

I then configured the launch map to add fuel during my launch on my dynatek CDI box. This way I could control the fuel but use the dynatek to manage my two-step. The video is the result of using the CDI to control RPM through ignition cut (it achieves this by cutting ignition every other cylinder, switching back and forth each rotation) and the ECU used to control fuel. I also experimented with taking out a ton of timing but the best result was -20 degrees as shown above. My AFR's are in the high 10's and low 11's range.

Some info on the dynatek CDI:

http://www.dynaonline.com/skins/prod...omotive/arc_2/

http://www.dynatekuk.com/automotive_dyna_arc_2.html

PM me if you are interested in the CDI setup, I can help you pick the right coils and get everything setup. It is a completely plug-n-play setup, even comes with a wire harness and all!

~Zach
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
rotational idle?
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
code to enforce the valet disable when Altmaps is set to by TPS.

because they are mutually exclusive
I think this would be a good idea. Nothing worse than dumping in some race gas, e85 or methanol, switching to Alt-Maps, lining up for a run and taking off only to hit your valet limit.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 11:55 PM
EvoM Guru

ok - I will make it so that if you have enabled AltMap by TPS then Valet gets removed (ie you cant enable/disable valet mode)
Old Jun 15, 2009, 03:02 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ok - I will make it so that if you have enabled AltMap by TPS then Valet gets removed (ie you cant enable/disable valet mode)
I'd personally prefer to have them both. I was confused because I thought you had implied earlier in the thread that it was one or the other if you were using TPS map switching.

I like my map switch, but having TPS would prevent things like my idiot friends accidentally flipping my switch when they go to play DJ on my ipod. I was only going to keep it because I thought that it was one or the other.

Not to complicate things too much, but is it possible to get an option for it? I mean, I guess the option is really already there... if you don't want valet then set valet master to "no"......
Old Jun 15, 2009, 04:41 PM
EvoM Guru

yeah its one or the other...

but if you leave both options enabled then it will try todo both things... which would be dumb... altmap + valet

so i want to make the code kill valet when altmap by tps is enabled... its just a safety...
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by phenem
Well.....launch maps is working!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRBHANh-_Yg

~Zach

The beast spits smoke and fire Are are catless?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 06:02 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by dan l
As a sidenote tephra travman had an issue with the EGR hanging open during cold starting the motor just like I did on the IX v6 beta rom. Just throwing that out there. It doesn't affect me, I've disabled my EGR, just saying that it should probably be checked before final release. I think it may have something to do with a periphery bit, I'll double check, probably a user keyboard interface error.

Pull boost on knock saved my *** a couple times (like yesterday) and pull boost when lean did as well since last time I posted in this thread. Maybe I missed it but does pull boost when lean have a timer associated with it now? The car will hang lean when you lift off for a shift to the next gear but the ecu still reads fairly high load (timing delay) and that split second overlap will trigger the pull boost when lean code.
Sorry I missed this:

1) Hrmm ok - How can we debug this EGR issue? is it a side affect from changing ROMID's or a TephraMOD addition?

2) Ummm it should be instantaneous, ie as soon as the conditions are met it will drop boost. I see what you are saying about the lean changeover. Can you not bump up your 'AFR safety load limit' so that it ignores the tail end of the rpm range? ie load naturally drops a little up-top?
Old Jun 15, 2009, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

I have found that you don't have to drop the timing that much to get things spooling (perhaps if you have a really nasty big turbo), I can leave the line with my 35r setup at 25psi after about a second and a half. I'm pulling 10-15 degrees of timing out, tapering less as it approaches the stationary limiter.
(it doesn't help when you suck at launching the car, but the hardware and software are working correctly haha)
Old Jun 15, 2009, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chmodlf
The beast spits smoke and fire Are are catless?
Yeah, it works really well! Catless FTMFW!
Old Jun 16, 2009, 02:58 PM
AIK
Evolving Member

I have seen the same problem as dude, my WGDC increases gradually when i use V7.4 for my 96530006. But when i have used the same tables in usual ROM i have not seen this effect.

May be my problem that i have used zeroed numbers of WGDC and BDEL for 0-gear.
Attached Thumbnails TephraMOD V6 - testing!-wgdc-er.bmp  

Last edited by AIK; Jun 16, 2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 04:28 PM
EvoM Guru

shouldnt be.

can you check your wgdc activation table AND min load for boost control tables?
Old Jun 17, 2009, 02:52 AM
AIK
Evolving Member

can you check your wgdc activation table AND min load for boost control tables?
I check it. They completely stock in both cases.

I will in addition tell that my "WGDC=100 under this load" = 170 and i have added MrFed "ECU boost control mods" to V7.4 (on my initial ROm i have used its too).
Old Jun 17, 2009, 10:56 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
code to enforce the valet disable when Altmaps is set to by TPS.

because they are mutually exclusive
I'm definitely down with this.

LMK when you have t6 ready, I'll give it a go!
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

I am excited to see the final v7 come out so I can run it. I like the idea of switching the alt map with the tps and the launch map. Keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V6 - testing!