Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMOD V6 - testing!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2009, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Using T6 and the supplied T6 bin file, here is what the tephramod options look like.

That looks buggy. I loaded T6 and it didn't do that. The mini xml's appear to be inheriting from the 9653 base. I was having problems initially with the supplied T6 xml and having the v5.1 xml in the same location doubling up the mods section.

But that looks like an old endian scramble almost.

I'll go back and look again and see if it did that to me.

T5 loads all those as 0's and 1's for me. Let me go look at T6 again.

EDIT-

Ok I just checked. Pulled T5 xml out. dropped T6 in.

Check your 96530006 base xml and make sure you don't have any other 9653 xml's other than the stock one. And the T6 one.

Last edited by Asmodeus6; Jun 27, 2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
THESE FILES ARE THE LATEST v7t6 EDIT, FOR THE OLDER t5 EDIT PM ME!

Please use with caution! As Tephra says this is not 100% tested yet! Like Tephra I give no warranty ;-)

Download 1

Download 1 is File name: 96530706-v7t6-mods.zip
1. Immob. fixed to work on USDM cars

Download 2

Downloads 2 is File name: 96530706-v7t6-mods-phenem.zip
1. Immob. fixed to work on USDM cars
2. mrfred psi based boost implemented (just edit Tephra's gear dependant map)
3. OBD II Inspection ready for EVAP and EGR
4. Disabled EGR and EVAP
5. Disabled P0300 code
6. Disabled lean spool
7. Disabled boost cut
8. Disabled boost delay cut

Any USDM 8 should be able to run the second map without any trouble and pass emissions and everything, just copy in the standard stuff, immob, fuel, timing, etc...

If you are getting weird values for the Tephra Mod section please use the attached XML provided in my zip files and DELETE or MOVE other XML out of your ECUFlash directory and replace with the ones I included.

Let me know if there is anything else that needs done.

~Zach
Old Jun 27, 2009, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps I simply missed it but have the launch maps been released for 88590015? I read through the last 20 pages and couldn't find anything.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Phenem I'm taking download 2. Almost done porting my sh*t. I had T5 running earlier today. First time I didn't change the immob address to 0058. Reflashed and it started.

First time the car has been flashed with 9653XXXX

Launch worked, nlts worked, valet worked.

Well, for about 3 minutes. Then everything went goofy as hell and my clutch switch acted like it wasn't there. Lost my launch limiter entirely, car would just rev to 7k+

Reflashed everything off but nlts, and verified it's not a dead clutch switch. It worked. But sitting still activated the launch maps pretty much no matter what. I had to ease up to my launch limiter then nail it. And it worked (initially) but 2 minutes it DID not work. There was no rpm hold.

I'm about to go down now and flash to T6 and see if I have better luck.

(Not to work backwards, I just wanted to get on the field with something that was confirmed to start before I began pissing around with T6.)

---Confirmed start on T6 with immob hex set to 0058---
Not disabled.

----Confirmed launch map activation and hold with static rev limit.

Last edited by Asmodeus6; Jun 27, 2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 05:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK it seems that having V5 and V6 in the same xml folder screws everything up. Got that fixed.

Next problem is multiple sets of tephramods from 96530006 and V6 showing up from inheriting from 0006. I have removed the set from the inherited xml as well as removed T5 and it looks good on paper. Will try it in a few.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Asmodeus6

---Confirmed start on T6 with immob hex set to 0058---
Not disabled.

----Confirmed launch map activation and hold with static rev limit.
Asmod,

The confirmation you are talking about, is that with my edited version of v7t6?

I think it will be easier for Tephra and I if you specify what version you are running in case there are any bug fixes that are needed to diagnose.

My car started on v7t6 and my launch maps and map switching worked. I did not get a chance to drive the car around the block yet so I cannot give a confirmation on boost or anything else.

Anyone else confirm more than me? Also when you list your confirmations please put what year you car was and what ROM you converted from to help others that wish to switch to the universal ROM.

EX: I have confirmed v7t6 starting my car and launch map / map switching working on my 2003 EVO 8, I came from 94170015.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 05:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by phenem
Asmod,

I think it will be easier for Tephra and I if you specify what version you are running in case there are any bug fixes that are needed to diagnose.

My car started on v7t6 and my launch maps and map switching worked. I did not get a chance to drive the car around the block yet so I cannot give a confirmation on boost or anything else.

Anyone else confirm more than me? Also when you list your confirmations please put what year you car was and what ROM you converted from to help others that wish to switch to the universal ROM.

EX: I have confirmed v7t6 starting my car and launch map / map switching working on my 2003 EVO 8, I came from 94170015.
I have seen the video of yours. Actually I don't think what is depicted in the video represents the launch limiter working correctly. What it looks like in the video is that the car is too rich with not enough ignition timing to even reach the launch limiter which is why it sounds like the limiter is so fast.

We tested the limiter and got it all working now, however did experience it disappearing after a few minutes.

We reflashed it again and its been working for the last few minutes. Not sure if it has timed out yet or not. A cop starting following me around.

If there is not enough timing for the car to reach the limiter and bounce, you will get what it sounded like in the video. (At least on larger turbos)
Old Jun 27, 2009, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
I have seen the video of yours. Actually I don't think what is depicted in the video represents the launch limiter working correctly. What it looks like in the video is that the car is too rich with not enough ignition timing to even reach the launch limiter which is why it sounds like the limiter is so fast.

We tested the limiter and got it all working now, however did experience it disappearing after a few minutes.

We reflashed it again and its been working for the last few minutes. Not sure if it has timed out yet or not. A cop starting following me around.

If there is not enough timing for the car to reach the limiter and bounce, you will get what it sounded like in the video. (At least on larger turbos)
If you notice my post I am not using the launch map like you think I am. I have a Dynatek CDI that I have set to 5k, it cuts timing. I use the launch map to set timing lower (if it can) and add more fuel. That's why you see what you see. Combination of both. I explain that above and tell people they will not experience this type of launch limiter like I did. Please read my explanation above and you will see what I mean.

EDIT: Here is a link to my post where I explain everything: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7171893-post961.html

~Zach

Last edited by phenem; Jun 27, 2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by phenem
Asmod,

2005 VIII 96940011 ---> 96530706 / t6/phenem

I added 0058 to immobilizer hex / car starts with my immobilizer from my rom.

Set launch to 60%
Flat 10's in fuel map
-10's in timing map

Ease throttle to limiter (car stationary / ebrake ON)
Punch it to the floor.

Bang bang bang! KAPOW!

It works. A/F bounces to about 10-1 between IPW cuts (20-1) on LC1. I can make 1.5 BAR on GT3076 in 5 seconds.

This is was basically impossible beforehand with the standard limiter / fuel timing tables. Well, possible, but required chasing load around and eventually driving through big holes in your fuel and timing map IE: not fun.

Scott is right though. The launch maps are active as soon as the TPS threshold is met. At 2000 rpm, at 3000rpm. If you punch it and aren't moving, it engages.

This time it did NOT fade away after a few minutes.

CEL / knock works, both stages. I set them low to be able to trip them. (I always get minor part throttle knock randomly thanks to maft pro)

Trying to think of anything else. I don't map switch at the moment. So I cannot confirm anything else for the time being. I'm still using alternative methods to control boost as well, so I cannot help you there either.

I need to get 2 byte rpm and load back so I can log. That is what I came back on to get. And then its back out for a little more playing.

EDIT-- Ok two more engine starts and launch still works. Much to the terror of people near me doing it.
---Also, my results may or may not be typical. My methanol inj activates during my launch limiter as supplemental fuel. With the new mode I can block all the timing and fuel maps without driving through them so I was not hesitant of setting them up like I did. I knew I could load it with fuel between IPW cuts before. And push it higher and higher. But with an entire map to play with it works extensively better now. Much... much better. I could get maybe 12psi or so doing it with standard maps and just a few cells. Now 20 some psi is no problem.

Last edited by Asmodeus6; Jun 27, 2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 07:09 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
yeah TTP - you need to remove the T5 xml file...

Sorry I should have made that clear.

with launch maps it will use the other maps depending what set of maps your on... in theory anyways

so if your on ALTMAPs and launch maps enables, then you will be using the alt-injector-scaling

conversely if your on NORMAL maps and launch maps enables, then you will be using the normal-injector-scaling
Old Jun 27, 2009, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

I understand what you guys are saying now. Tephra is there a way to only activate launch maps at a certain RPM as well? So it would be something like this:

TPS > 95%
RPM > 4500
Speed < 8 km/hr

That would allow the RPM's to get up to the two step before the launch maps were activated, assuming in this example your two step is set at 5k.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 08:51 PM
Account Disabled

Y'all are using it wrong. Copy your high maps to the launch maps and then block out the rpms at your launch limiter from 100 load up with your desired timing. The maps will be the same driveability from a standstill until you're on the 2-step.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Or that.

That should work. I'll set that up tomorrow.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 12:29 AM
Account Disabled

Thats how I'm using it and works well. 20psi off the line on an HTA86 anyone?
Old Jun 28, 2009, 04:26 AM
Evolved Member

That's a good idea I will give that a try, and that should allow it to be a bit more smooth in the transition.....

Anyone else try th modded ROM I posted?

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V6 - testing!