Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2009, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You forgot to say "no homo"
Old Jul 5, 2009, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Map switching via TPS appears to work. 96530706 I had relatively similar tables on both, but it appears to have changed. I need an LED or something so I know what maps I'm on.

?

I'm working on sorting the boost control portion out at this point and it seems to be working, although the max WGDC before "X" load table owned me. I figured 160 load was sufficiently low considering I had 50% in the tables. Not so on this turbo and wastegate... I shot clear to 28psi and I was just rolling into it...

Anyway, why do the tables in the boost control section not go above 24.6psi? (when using direct boost control) Phenem I used your #2 rom / xml.

Did I miss something?
Old Jul 5, 2009, 09:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
They don't go above 24.6 because of the way the code is setup.

I changed the scaling and removed the shlr (->0x0009) to get more PSI in the map.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 09:39 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Asmodeus6
Anyway, why do the tables in the boost control section not go above 24.6psi? (when using direct boost control) Phenem I used your #2 rom / xml.

Did I miss something?
You must have missed a few things, theres a million posts about it in the direct boost control thread.

Ready to test 88590715 as soon as it is ready
Old Jul 5, 2009, 10:27 PM

Question

Originally Posted by phenem
Yes you will need to change the Immob. Hex anytime you switch to a non UDSM ROM. For example the 96530006 is a EDM ROM so they have different Immob. hardware over there and different hex values. So that is why the change needs to be made when you run that ROM on a USDM vehicle.

Did I explain this correctly?
phenem,

I have been using 0006 for a few months in my DSM with the Immob. enable bit turned off; However, after downloading your modified copy of V7 0006 (0706) I can't seem to turn off the Immbo bit now (aka my car just won't start).

Could this be related to the changes you made modding EDM->USDM ?

TIA,
~Will
Old Jul 5, 2009, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
You must have missed a few things, theres a million posts about it in the direct boost control thread.

Ready to test 88590715 as soon as it is ready
Yes, very sorry. I've been playing an awful game of catchup here. The last patch I have officially used was cel/nlts/valet on 96940011. Been making it a priority to catch up over the last week. Or... cram a year and change into a couple days.

THIS
Is regarding what I mentioned I presume?

I just read this entire thread again tonight to catch anything I missed.

A link to the direct boost control thread would be stellar as well. Although I think I understand mostly at this point...
Old Jul 6, 2009, 08:19 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by Asmodeus6
Yes, very sorry. I've been playing an awful game of catchup here. The last patch I have officially used was cel/nlts/valet on 96940011. Been making it a priority to catch up over the last week. Or... cram a year and change into a couple days.

THIS
Is regarding what I mentioned I presume?

I just read this entire thread again tonight to catch anything I missed.

A link to the direct boost control thread would be stellar as well. Although I think I understand mostly at this point...
You just gave yourself a link to the direct boost control thread
Old Jul 6, 2009, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by acidikjuice
phenem,

I have been using 0006 for a few months in my DSM with the Immob. enable bit turned off; However, after downloading your modified copy of V7 0006 (0706) I can't seem to turn off the Immbo bit now (aka my car just won't start).

Could this be related to the changes you made modding EDM->USDM ?

TIA,
~Will
You have to set ECUPeriphery0 (FAA) from 0x56DA to 0x56D2 that will turn off the Immobilizer. Did you do that?

~Zach
Old Jul 6, 2009, 10:19 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by phenem
You have to set ECUPeriphery0 (FAA) from 0x56DA to 0x56D2 that will turn off the Immobilizer. Did you do that?

~Zach
Or disable blobbit 3 by setting to 0 (in case there are other modifications to that periphery)
Old Jul 6, 2009, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
You just gave yourself a link to the direct boost control thread

No more posting at 3AM for me! Owned, by... me.

I have only had one hiccup since I flashed to the 7.6 v so far. A wierd idle control issue directly after flashing. Car was already halfway warmed up. I flashed it. And it rose to 1500 and just hung there. I tapped the gas, went to 1800... hovered and slowly, slowly... came back down.

I have since flashed over it probably 5 or 6 times making changes and it has not returned since.

I imagine it is part to do with me not ever resetting the BISS? Outside of that everything I can use, so far has worked. No problems. And I drive the car every day. I have not had any codes either, but I am using the base rom from phenem that has most of them shut off. Mainly because all the emission components are removed from my car anyway.

No EGR / no EVAP / etc (The FP/EVAP solenoids are bypassed but still plugged in.)

Last edited by Asmodeus6; Jul 6, 2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Are you seeing any change with driveability with the EGR and EVAP disabled via the ROM? (Is this what you mean by bypassed?)
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:30 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Not sure if this is V7t6 related, but I have been getting an 'idle control system' CEL that will simply not go away. Car idles just fine, all systems appear to be normal.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:34 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scheides
Not sure if this is V7t6 related, but I have been getting an 'idle control system' CEL that will simply not go away. Car idles just fine, all systems appear to be normal.
P0507? Disable the idle system check in the periphery bits.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fixem2
Are you seeing any change with driveability with the EGR and EVAP disabled via the ROM? (Is this what you mean by bypassed?)
I physically removed the EGR and EVAP canister / lines etc. I made a mounting bracket to hold the evap solenoid in the back of the car and left it plugged in. It just purges to the atmosphere.

This was the way it was left over from the old rom / etc.

On 96940011 I had the EGR disabled, but not the EVAP/FP. So I left the EVAP solenoid and FP solenoids plugged in, but not doing anything. (no lines connected.)

Driveability with EGR off is always better. Plus it doesn't blow junk through your IM and onto the back side of your intake valves. It's been like that for over a year. So it's hard for me to tell you now how it changed exactly, as I've already tuned around it for so long I don't even remember what the changes were.

On this new rom I took phenems rom / xml to get a jump start. He already had all that stuff turned off - and put together a solid xml file for DBC. (Again, thank you) So its already taken care of on this rom, if you grab the download link #2 he posted. (96530706)

EDIT- David, sent you some money. Check your paypal.

Last edited by Asmodeus6; Jul 6, 2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 01:07 PM

Ideas how to maybe improve nlts
1) gear dependent rpm drop
2) in x time\gear, nlts can be activated only one time. like a limiter\timer. personally i can hold my foot on clutch pedal after shifting for some time, ecu activates nlts second time and car bogs

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V6 - testing!