Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMOD V6 - testing!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:37 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you guys forgot to up the Boost Limit table when you swapped roms....
Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Sounds like you guys forgot to up the Boost Limit table when you swapped roms....
I can't found one ... What exact name of Boost limit table ?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:28 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by LeXcite
I've transfered all maps thats seen in V7T6 xml, but many other cant see ... What i must to do with those maps ... Is there any chances to include these in V7T6 xml ?

P.S. On base Map (Witch one i've transferred from my old Rom) - fuel cut ... On Alt map (Untouched) no fuel cut but knocks ...
Read the thousand other posts that say to make sure you don't have any other v5.10 xml or anything else in your xmls. Best to start with a fresh XML from the most recent copy of ECUFlash.

The alt-map knocks because it is un-tuned! It probably doesn't fuel cut because it is making so much less power.

And one question more :
I'd disconnected stock BCS, and throw it out ... I have EBC A'pexi with it own BCS, so my ECU can't control boost ... May be this is why i catch fuel cuts ???
Thats only a symptom of you making "too much power"

I can't found one ... What exact name of Boost limit table ?
Boost Cut Load and Boost Cut Delay (yeah, the names imply something different)
Old Jul 24, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
Read the thousand other posts that say to make sure you don't have any other v5.10 xml or anything else in your xmls. Best to start with a fresh XML from the most recent copy of ECUFlash.
This is my fault, though it will be easy to start ... Now reading from page 40, and find almost all answers to my question ... Thanks.

The alt-map knocks because it is un-tuned! It probably doesn't fuel cut because it is making so much less power.

Thats only a symptom of you making "too much power"
Boost Cut Load and Boost Cut Delay (yeah, the names imply something different)
My boost cut table is :

3000 - 319
3500 - 319
4000 - 319
4500 - 319
5000 - 319
5500 - 319
6000 - 319
6500 - 319
7000 - 319

And boost cut delay is 20000 ms. Is 319 % is not enough?
Also have P0135 code, try'd to solve by FAA bit.3, but no success ...
Has transferred almost every seen map to new Rom, but no changes at all ... Basic map - Boost/Fuel ? Cut,
Old Jul 24, 2009, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Also 've done all work, by clean install latest ecu flash, previously don't have any Tephra Mods ...
Old Jul 24, 2009, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

No one ???
Old Jul 24, 2009, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is my fault, though it will be easy to start ... Now reading from page 40, and find almost all answers to my question ... Thanks.

My boost cut table is :

3000 - 319
3500 - 319
4000 - 319
4500 - 319
5000 - 319
5500 - 319
6000 - 319
6500 - 319
7000 - 319

And boost cut delay is 20000 ms. Is 319 % is not enough?
Also have P0135 code, try'd to solve by FAA bit.3, but no success ...
Has transferred almost every seen map to new Rom, but no changes at all ... Basic map - Boost/Fuel ? Cut,

Your boost cut delay and boost limit tables are maxed out. what boost are you running?

Set your boost limit numbers to your target boost (load) curve + 20, and boost cut delay to ~2000ms. That should be enough for an overboost in peak torque rpm and for your engine's safety.

But anyway its not the key to your fuel cut problem...

PS DTC P0135: Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater Circuit [SENSOR 1]

PPS You should also check the following options in you "Tephra Mod Options" window: "Drop boost on high knock" and "Drop boost on afr out of range". Try turning these options off/

Last edited by Biggy VIII; Jul 25, 2009 at 02:39 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 02:56 PM
Account Disabled

Tephra, maybe I didn't see it mentioned but I spent the past hour looking for the MAP Scaling for your 96530706 rom so that I can properly install my 3.5 bar MAP sensor.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 05:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
I dont think 96530006 has a MAP sensor - so you dont need to do any changes in htat regard... Just log MUT38 with the right formula.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Did this do anything to break 2byte load? I just did some logs after playing with it and am getting load >5000% but the car is driving ok so I'm assuming internal load calcs are coming out at reasonable numbers. When the laptop is done charging I'll go try 1byte and see if the problem is there too.

This may have something to do with a lean idle issue I'm having that definitely would not be v7s fault since it already existed. I'm running into 18:1 and leaner idle spots before the car is warm and nothing I do to the fuel map fixes it but this is unlikely since load at those points fluctuates between 40 and 80, weird I know but this is what my car has decided to do recently.

I'm also running MrFreds implementation of the SD patch for 96530006 and I'm sure that the evo9 fuel pump I'm using is overrunning my DSM FPR but it has been that way for nearly two years so I don't think that is anything special here.

Other impressions:

Gear based boost is nice! I had to do a little bit of work finding my gear ratios and it is really squirmy pinning down a number on an automatic transmission but I think I've got things close enough to work. Also I'm using a FREE boost controller, I just hacked my FPR solenoid off and put it in place of my BCS and it has held the 24 psi I've asked of it

Altmaps are cool, I never built a harness and didn't have an ICS so this is my first chance to try them but I have a question, are altmaps persistent after you turn off and restart the car or do you activate it every time you start the car?

I'm having a persistent and rough boost spike while trying to keep low gear boost at 16-17psi. This is my first foray into ecu based boost so I was wondering what I have to do in order to smooth that down so I can keep traction a little better.

Finally can someone link me to a discussion of launch maps? I've search and haven't found anything like an example map that I can try so some direction there would also be helpful.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by the_mork
Did this do anything to break 2byte load? I just did some logs after playing with it and am getting load >5000% but the car is driving ok so I'm assuming internal load calcs are coming out at reasonable numbers. When the laptop is done charging I'll go try 1byte and see if the problem is there too.

This may have something to do with a lean idle issue I'm having that definitely would not be v7s fault since it already existed. I'm running into 18:1 and leaner idle spots before the car is warm and nothing I do to the fuel map fixes it but this is unlikely since load at those points fluctuates between 40 and 80, weird I know but this is what my car has decided to do recently.

I'm also running MrFreds implementation of the SD patch for 96530006 and I'm sure that the evo9 fuel pump I'm using is overrunning my DSM FPR but it has been that way for nearly two years so I don't think that is anything special here.

Other impressions:

Gear based boost is nice! I had to do a little bit of work finding my gear ratios and it is really squirmy pinning down a number on an automatic transmission but I think I've got things close enough to work. Also I'm using a FREE boost controller, I just hacked my FPR solenoid off and put it in place of my BCS and it has held the 24 psi I've asked of it

Altmaps are cool, I never built a harness and didn't have an ICS so this is my first chance to try them but I have a question, are altmaps persistent after you turn off and restart the car or do you activate it every time you start the car?

I'm having a persistent and rough boost spike while trying to keep low gear boost at 16-17psi. This is my first foray into ecu based boost so I was wondering what I have to do in order to smooth that down so I can keep traction a little better.

Finally can someone link me to a discussion of launch maps? I've search and haven't found anything like an example map that I can try so some direction there would also be helpful.
Don't touch the MUT table and log 1 byte load, just make sure you ROM 1 byte load scaling and your formula scaling in EVOScan match (IE: Rom = 1.2 and EVOScan formula must = 1.2).

1 byte load has a little bit less resolution but it works just fine. Make sure you have your scaling right though, I made this mistake.

If your scaling is 1.2 then the max load you can read/log is 255*1.2=306, I had to make my ROM load scaling 1.4 and then change my formula in EVOScan to match. This way I was able to log/read up to 357 (which I hit about 340 and hold 310 to redline consistently)!

Last edited by phenem; Jul 25, 2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

I would but I can't use maptracing with 1byte load. I usually do use 1byte load for something that I don't expect to maptrace so I have it set up correctly already. I just don't understand why 2byte load is broken for me unless it is part of the new version.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by the_mork
I would but I can't use maptracing with 1byte load. I usually do use 1byte load for something that I don't expect to maptrace so I have it set up correctly already. I just don't understand why 2byte load is broken for me unless it is part of the new version.
Yeah you can use 1 byte load with Maptracing, read back in this thread, there is a discussion between fostytoyou and me. We go back and forth and he describes how to set it up so that it works in EVOScan.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 07:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by tephra
I dont think 96530006 has a MAP sensor - so you dont need to do any changes in htat regard... Just log MUT38 with the right formula.
I don't think it does either. Maybe I'm asking it wrong. Basically how does the ecu know what voltage level represents a certain psi for the gear based boost control? I would like to make sure that when I plug in 30psi in the desired boost table that that is what the ecu shoots for.

If I wanted to run a 5 bar map sensor for example, 2.5v on this sensor represents a different pressure level than 2.5v on a 3 bar sensor. The table that adjust that on an IX is called "MAP scaling". Its a voltage vs psi table.

Also is the AFR safety timer only out for the 8 so far? If it is out for the 9 I can test it tomorrow for you.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

I'm pretty sure ecuflash takes care of the interface part here so when you move to a 5bar or whatever you just change your scaling in your rom xml. What the ecu is shooting for isn't a boost pressure, it is shooting for a voltage from the MAP sensor. If we know what that voltage is with a scaling formula that we punch into ecuflash then it takes care of converting our human readable units to a value that represents the voltage we want.

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V6 - testing!