TephraMOD V6 - testing!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
ok guys...

any last minute changes to V7?

- keep or drop the "100% duty under load" ?
- fix or leave the 0ms timer for ADC0F bug?
- scrap MAP averaging or leave it (given some SD funkyiness which may/maynot be cased by it)

*hopefully* I will have time to do 88590015 tommorow, so these last changes can be rolled into it at the same time
If Map averaging is causing SD issues i vote to drop it. Since you have WGDC to 1% anyway i think that is sufficient for me.

What is the ADC0F bug? is this going to cause issues on the IXs with a map switch harness?
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
If Map averaging is causing SD issues i vote to drop it. Since you have WGDC to 1% anyway i think that is sufficient for me.

What is the ADC0F bug? is this going to cause issues on the IXs with a map switch harness?
not sure why it didnt quote tephras post, but this is directed to his question...
I like the 100% duty under x load! I havent messed w/ the others, tho...

Last edited by nonschlont; Aug 3, 2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok guys...

- scrap MAP averaging or leave it (given some SD funkyiness which may/maynot be cased by it)

*hopefully* I will have time to do 88590015 tommorow, so these last changes can be rolled into it at the same time
yeah i vote to keep "100% duty under load" as well

I thought we could enable/disable map averaging in the options? not sure how its a problem if the user can disable it......but then again I don't have SD to know what others are experiencing.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't think map averaging is having any issues with SD. If anything, it may end up helping. But, the issue I am having with SD doesn't seem to be affected by the map averaging. So, I would say leave it in as an option.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 02:01 PM
Account Disabled

ok guys...

Fix 0ms timer so that I can switch maps when my pressure switch closes. If you don't mind.

P.S. I can only test AFR saftey on my IX at the moment, the Evo 8 (DSM) isn't ready to be hogged on yet (engine still breaking in and I'm loosing fuel pressure at higher boost).

EDIT:

Can't you effectively disable 100% duty under load by making the "under load" really small? So basically, no need to "fix" anything?

Last edited by 0xDEAD; Aug 3, 2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep the 100% duty under load. Zero issues with ADC0F. I have yet to use Map Avg.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Ok so I have a modded gauge cluster so I cant tell if my ICS light works or not but for map switching what do you think the best way to tell if its on a different map would be without driving it?

Also a couple stupid questions since I've never used the features but to us TPS for map switching do I turn the key on and hold to %100 for the specified activation time?
And last on the alternate map load threshold what affect does this have?

Thanks

Last edited by project_skyline; Aug 4, 2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by project_skyline
Ok so I have a modded gauge cluster so I cant tell if my ICS light works or not but for map switching what do you think the best way to tell if its on a different map would be without driving it?
If you use the JoT harness for the map switching, it comes with a red led bulb that you can install that only lights up when you are on the alt maps. US IX owners dont have a bulb for the ICS, so we have to use the bulb to know.

Also a couple stupid questions since I've never used the features but to us TPS for map switching do I turn the key on and hold to %100 for the specified activation time?
Yes. You turn the key to the on position, (dont start the car), and hold the gas pedal down for the set length of time and it will activate your alt maps. Similar in function to the valet mode.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 12:56 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Keep WGDC=100% under this load. If people don't want it they can set it lower, and I feel like it still does *something* even set at 140 load or so. It would be nice to limit a max gear for it (so you could disable for 5/6) and or a min tps, but thats all pipe dreams

I'd say keep averaging, it can be disabled (though I don't have experience with the SD part)

Don't have experience with the other 2 fixes.

Originally Posted by project_skyline

And last on the alternate map load threshold what affect does this have?

Thanks
This isn't really the thread for that, and those have been answered a few times already, but:
You can change a timing value for 0 load/RPM in the alt map, flip to alt-maps and log without starting the car to see if you timing changes.

TPS map switching - yes

Load threshold prevents switching to the alternate maps over that load. You can always switch from alternate "down" to base maps though.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Ahh ok. Makes sense. Thanks.

BTW i switched today and the car is so much nicer then it was on my old 0015 rom. I love being able to see all the tables in the rom.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 11:34 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
did 0% valet WGDC make it in?
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:04 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
yeah.

After some discussion with MrFred - I am going to drop MAT (temp not pressure) scaling...

Last edited by tephra; Aug 5, 2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 03:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
After some discussion with MrFred - I am going to drop MAT (temp not pressure) scaling...
What does that mean? The MAT logging patch wont be incorporated? Will it still work if you manually patch it? I am getting very excited for V7!
Old Aug 5, 2009, 04:17 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
yeah no MAT..

basically when the SD rom's get done the MAT-patch can be done then.

It's mainly because some ROM's have inbuilt fuel temp and some don't.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 07:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
What does that mean? The MAT logging patch wont be incorporated? Will it still work if you manually patch it? I am getting very excited for V7!
I'll have prepatched v7 SD 88590015 and 94170015 ROMs made up shortly after tephra releases his final v7 ROM.

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V6 - testing!