Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMOD V6 - testing!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
without all the reading>> i'll gladly paypal an extra $20 if you can get me the complete rom to just replace my 88590015 rom with. LOL
i keep reading "change this to this and that to that". i'm confused and always seem to do something wrong. i'm trying to catch up to everyone.. but i'm WAY behind.
i'd like the O2 sim.. and all the other stuff sounds awesome.. i'm just lost when it comes to finding some of the programming to replace. it's like my rom uses different wording than the ones described in the "how to"s.
help!
This is a testing thread, that's why all the reading, we are testing! Wait till the final release comes with directions and everything you need without reading. Send paypal to Tephra then.....
Old Aug 10, 2009, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
Applaudd - Ca you post up the addresses for those missing tables (from 94170015)

I am found/fixed some for 96530006:

Code:
<table name="KnockSum decay timer" category="Knock Control" address="1784" type="1D" scaling="uint16"/>

<table name="MAF Scaling" category="Fuel" address="3306"  type="2D" level="3" scaling="AirFlow8">
	<table name="Load" type="Y Axis" address="67a0" elements="21" scaling="uint16"/>
</table>

<table name="Air Temperature Compensation" category="Fuel" address="333e" type="2D" level="3" flipy="true" scaling="uint8">
	<table name="Degrees" type="Y Axis" address="6af0" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="Idle Stability Timing Control" category="Timing" address="174e" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint16">
	<table name="Settings" type="Static X Axis" elements="3">
		<data>Sensitivity</data>
		<data>Timing Limit</data>
		<data>Untested</data>
	</table>
</table>

<table name="Limp Home Table" category="Fuel" address="3797" type="3D" level="2" swapxy="true" scaling="uint8">
	<table name="TPS" address="69a6" type="X Axis" elements="7" scaling="Volts16"/>
	<table name="Engine Speed" address="6992" type="Y Axis" elements="5" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="ST Fuel Max Trim" category="Fuel" address="369e" type="2D" level="2" scaling="O2 Trim">
	<table name="Engine Temp" address="69be" type="Y Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="ST Fuel Min Trim" category="Fuel" address="36ac" type="2D" level="2" scaling="O2 Trim">
	<table name="Engine Temp" address="69be" type="Y Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<scaling name="LT Trim Hz" units="Hz" toexpr="x*6.25" frexpr="x/6.25" format="%.2f" min="0" max="1593.75" inc="6.25" storagetype="uint8" endian="big"/>
<table name="Closed Loop - LT Trim Control" category="Fuel" address="35e5" type="2D" level="2" scaling="LT Trim Hz">
	<table name="Conditions" type="Static Y Axis" elements="4">
	<data>Low -> Mid</data>
	<data>Mid -> Low</data>
	<data>Mid -> High</data>
	<data>High -> Mid</data>
	</table>
</table>

<table name="Idle Error - Normal" category="Idle" address="435c" type="2D" level="2" scaling="ISCVSteps">
	<table name="Idle Error" address="669a" type="X Axis" elements="9" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>

<table name="Idle Error - A/C On" category="Idle" address="436c" type="2D" level="2" scaling="ISCVSteps">
	<table name="Idle Error" address="669a" type="X Axis" elements="9" scaling="RPM"/>
</table>
- someone else can merge these into the official 96530006.xml (and set it up with the right names and stuff to match other evo's)
Having a stupid issue editing xml's again, added/edited my 0006 to include this information (changing entries that were already there, and adding the rest), yet none of it shows up? I had this same issue a couple weeks ago & thought it was related to wordpad but I've ditched that in favor of a windows version of VI and its doing the same thing again.. it is an older version of ecu flash, 1.41.2483, would that have anything to do with this?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Change your user level to developer.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Change your user level to developer.
it is & has been. it seems to be an issue with my laptop, I loaded up ecuflash and v7t6 here at work and I can see all the stuff. oh well, guess a wipe and reload is in the near future
Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

I've been using Phenem's download for a while now with direct boost control and I've just been fudging the numbers to get things to come out because I'm using a GM Map sensor but now I wanted to actually get things right but I can't seem to find the line in the xml for scaling the MAP sensor. Anyone want to help me out some? I just need to know what it looks like and then I can fix it myself.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How to increase boost in Launch?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Do I need to add more to the evo7base in order to get direct boost control working? Is that why it has been acting funnier than expected with the wrong scaling? Because there is no scaling.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 04:18 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Last 4 posts = instant headache

Linuxman - not the greatest place for your post... this is a advanced feature testing thread not a basic intro to ecuflash thread. Either your user level is incorrect or you are not pasting them in the correct rom xml.

Mork, the xml have nothing to do with the actual functioning of the vehicle. They only deal with how you interpret the value. If you interpret it incorrectly and then tell it to do something wrong it will then do it wrong.

I have never scaled boost internally for the GM sensor - but I know there is at least 1 thread on how to do it. As far as the scaling in the tables (ie externally, only incorrect to your eyes) if you followed the instructions provided by mrfred, but applied those scaling changes to the gear based tables there should be nothing out of the ordinary (as stated probably 20x in this thread). If you didn't follow those instructions then no one can help you...

Not trying to be a jerk here - but working outside the box when you don't get the basics (yet, at least) isn't always the best idea.

Last edited by fostytou; Aug 10, 2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Map switching from TPS seems to have an issue. I hold it down for 3 secs, the CEL flashes and i start the car but it isn't running off the ALT map. I have an evo 8 that came with ICS, should it be flashing? (i dont know if the light works or not)

Also didn't get an answer about changing anything in evoscan for tephra v7t6.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Fostyou, you're certainly not being a jerk but I do understand that the xml does nothing directly to change the rom. What I'm not seeing here is where the scaling is defined in the xml that Phenem provided so that I can change the scaling formula. I went back over the direct boost control thread and found what should have been the scaling definitions but I have yet to find them in the xmls that I copied directly from Phenem's zip file. I then added the scaling anyway to the evo7_base_20somethingsomething file and found no changes so I'm assuming that I'm really just not searching well enough even though I imagined if I used a search function on those files I should have been able to find the to and from expressions. At this point I'm assuming the weird behavior is from me not putting enough time into preparing everything. I switched to ecu based boost control the night before a race because I lost my MBC and I haven't touched it since because it worked despite heavy spikes and really lower boost than I would like in the middle gears.

For clarification I'm using the version of Phenem's download which already has direct boost control applied so I just needed to alter the way that it is scaled.

I'll start searching manually again tomorrow. The definition files just aren't that big. Until then I'll just keep fudging the boost numbers until I get to what I want on the car.

Last edited by the_mork; Aug 10, 2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
Last 4 posts = instant headache

Linuxman - not the greatest place for your post... this is a advanced feature testing thread not a basic intro to ecuflash thread. Either your user level is incorrect or you are not pasting them in the correct rom xml.

Mork, the xml have nothing to do with the actual functioning of the vehicle. They only deal with how you interpret the value. If you interpret it incorrectly and then tell it to do something wrong it will then do it wrong.

Not trying to be a jerk here - but working outside the box when you don't get the basics (yet, at least) isn't always the best idea.

You're welcome. Not vocally active does != intro level. When a simple cut and paste does not yield the results described and desired, questions get raised and responses like this will cut down on the number of people willing to stand up and say "hey I've got a problem with this that none of the normal guys are seeing".

In this case I believe its an issue with my laptop, as it has done similar things in the past (why? I can't tell you. Just like my customers can't tell me why the entire DNS support libraries come up missing on their solaris servers 20 cycles into testing. Things happen, people make mistakes). But it could have just as easily been something else, a typo regarding the rom version or what have you...

And I'll suggest to you the same thing you told everyone else.. read the thread, the issue was resolved before you opined.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 07:09 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by project_skyline
Ok so today I was trying to log while running on the ALT maps and the logger started displaying some crazy numbers for everything. knock at 57, timing advance 160, rpm 1003, bunch of other things. I was going down the interestate at 80 just fine. It kept doing it, is there anything I need to add to evo scan?

I swear last night I remember seeing some stuff I needed to put into it but now I can't find them. If you could point me in that direction i'd appreciate it.

Also if im running ALT maps do you guys usually have 91 as your main map and e85 as your ALT or the other way around?

Thanks
Originally Posted by project_skyline
Map switching from TPS seems to have an issue. I hold it down for 3 secs, the CEL flashes and i start the car but it isn't running off the ALT map. I have an evo 8 that came with ICS, should it be flashing? (i dont know if the light works or not)

Also didn't get an answer about changing anything in evoscan for tephra v7t6.
Now that the low octane maps do not exist for alt-maps it is advisory to use alt maps for e85 so that you can fall to the richer fuel and lower timing maps if your octane starts to drop.

Post 1 has the items added to evoscan for this rom from a base rom. If you have a highly modified MUT table you'll either need to put your old MUT values in it or, better yet, use a fresh evoscan xml and only add the items from the first post (if there isn't anything else special you need to log).

Ah, something truly on-topic. Do you know if you disabled valet maps when you enabled alt-map by TPS? For the ICS light to flash you need that tephra option enabled. Not sure if there is a good way to test the functionality of that dash light otherwise (possibly using ICS to flash and test?). Just as a silly question (glad you are testing) - why use TPS when you have an ICS Switch?

Originally Posted by the_mork
Fostyou, you're certainly not being a jerk but I do understand that the xml does nothing directly to change the rom. What I'm not seeing here is where the scaling is defined in the xml that Phenem provided so that I can change the scaling formula. I went back over the direct boost control thread and found what should have been the scaling definitions but I have yet to find them in the xmls that I copied directly from Phenem's zip file. I then added the scaling anyway to the evo7_base_20somethingsomething file and found no changes so I'm assuming that I'm really just not searching well enough even though I imagined if I used a search function on those files I should have been able to find the to and from expressions. At this point I'm assuming the weird behavior is from me not putting enough time into preparing everything. I switched to ecu based boost control the night before a race because I lost my MBC and I haven't touched it since because it worked despite heavy spikes and really lower boost than I would like in the middle gears.

For clarification I'm using the version of Phenem's download which already has direct boost control applied so I just needed to alter the way that it is scaled.

I'll start searching manually again tomorrow. The definition files just aren't that big. Until then I'll just keep fudging the boost numbers until I get to what I want on the car.
Make sure you look at all the <includes>. Are you looking at the TephraMOD-96530706-v7t6.xml file? Remember, you have to look at the rom-id and trace it back through all of the xml. Worst case you can always look at and change the scaling in the GUI (open the map, file, edit map def).

Specifically what scaling are you looking for? (scaling name)

Originally Posted by linuxman51

You're welcome. Not vocally active does != intro level. When a simple cut and paste does not yield the results described and desired, questions get raised and responses like this will cut down on the number of people willing to stand up and say "hey I've got a problem with this that none of the normal guys are seeing".

In this case I believe its an issue with my laptop, as it has done similar things in the past (why? I can't tell you. Just like my customers can't tell me why the entire DNS support libraries come up missing on their solaris servers 20 cycles into testing. Things happen, people make mistakes). But it could have just as easily been something else, a typo regarding the rom version or what have you...

And I'll suggest to you the same thing you told everyone else.. read the thread, the issue was resolved before you opined.
You are right. People aren't frustrated already looking through 1200 posts where most have been answered in triplicate. Your problem that seems to be localized to the way your laptop executes ecuflash (whether configuration or hardware, neither of which we know) will be very helpful to other people with similar problems. Good thing we found the "solution" and it is not one of the most basic bandaids to "fixing" broken software. The community appreciates your valuable input.

For the record, it was not your lack of posts that led to my response, it was mostly your problem (and partly your solution) and where you decided to locate them. I fully encourage you to become more involved and add value when you can catch up.

Just trying to keep it real... but not too real.

I will admit that I'm falling into the trap of adding to the pile by responding here, but I'd be fully glad to remove my heap if you remove yours so that others don't have to get their boots dirty also.

Last edited by fostytou; Aug 11, 2009 at 07:18 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 07:14 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
dont worry V7 will be out very soon - so that will mean a new "clean" thread.. hehe
Old Aug 11, 2009, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tephra
dont worry V7 will be out very soon - so that will mean a new "clean" thread.. hehe
I cannot wait!!! Been checking this forum religiously for the past month waiting for the new thread to pop up
Old Aug 11, 2009, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah me too in case there is anything I missed. I've been running it for quite some time now though without issue.

I have a customer set up too on a trial basis to help look for stuff on a more stock oriented car. Again, no real issues related to the V7 rom. So he's moving to a RED and building the rest of the car to suit. Everything we've used has been fine so far.

Quick Reply: TephraMOD V6 - testing!