Notices
ECU Flash

ABS Actuator While Logging and not Moving?! - Evoscan Logging Problem

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2009, 08:02 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
ABS Actuator While Logging and not Moving?! - Evoscan Logging Problem

I can't tell if this is just my car playing Friday the 13th tricks on me or what?

I pulled off logging for a few minutes and came to a light that I thought was going to change quickly, so I left the logger going. Typical sequence of events - 3 ACD lights flash at ~10mph and then anti-lock light starts blinking once stopped. This always happens when I'm logging with the evoscan cable and come to a stop.

I waited at the light for a bit, then suddenly I heard a noise and the evoscan log/connection status window went yellow, then flashed back green, then yellow, etc etc (it was rapid, I'd say < 1 second). All the while each time it had disconnected the ABS was pumping my brakes. It felt really strange since I wasn't pressing them hard, so it took me a few cycles to figure it out and stop the logger.

Logs are Here:
http://thefrost.net/randomfiles/tuni...BS_problem.zip
It looks like Evoscan created a new log for each time it re-connected (they are all a couple of seconds apart). In the logs you can see WGDC and load did jump (both were working correctly as seen in the later log)... though I'm not sure that is accurate.

Has anyone had this happen before?

Funny thing is I still can't seem to get the logging/actuators to work for the AYC or ABS ECUs in evoscan 2.5.

Currently running evoscan v2.5, ecuflash 1.41 with Tephra V6 (probably not relevant).

Last edited by fostytou; Mar 13, 2009 at 08:16 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2009, 10:26 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Bumpity, just once
Old Mar 16, 2009, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you tried un-installing & re-installing evoscan..
I've had a couple problems in the past when I started logging It made the car run like crap, I un-installed then re-installed evoscan & the problems went away. It may or may not work in you're case, but worth a try.