Notices
ECU Flash

Any ACD/AYC evoscan logging experience?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2009, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any ACD/AYC evoscan logging experience?

I'm curious if anyone has much experience using evoscan to to datalog the ACD/AYC ecu? What's peaked my interest in this is the ability to log the two g-sensors, steering angle, and individual wheel speeds. For the autocrossers and weekend track junkies, this would be valuable information to help improve lap times. I did a little digging through the factory service manual and online and it looks like the g-sensors can measure +/- 2g with a linear output from 0.5 - 4.5 V (Mitsubishi Electric p/n MAS1390P)

I'll update this as I start doing my own logging but if anyone has any experience in this area and has already overcome any issues, please share. With the recent interest in reflashing the ACD/AYC ECU, I would think this would be a tool to measure any performance increase.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I was never very clear that anyone had got it working on the JDM 8/9 when I asked, so I did not want to buy a cable to find out it wouldn't work.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 02:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what cable do you need?
Old Mar 26, 2009, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Evoscan, without the Subaru pin, see Limitless site.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

I have the 1.3U cable from Limitless and removed pin9 per instructions from his website. I can connect to the AYC ecu but the data I'm getting isn't changing. I have USDM IX with only ACD so I wonder if that's the issue. From what I understand, the same ecu controls AYC and ACD but maybe evoscan isn't compatible with ACD only. Anyone with AYC been able to log any real data?

Also, if I try connecting to the ABS ecu, it just goes into a connect/disconnect loop.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

^ I got the same by modifying a Tactrix cable, and it sounds like the 1.3U from Limitless will just do the same.
Old Mar 27, 2009, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by autoxer_minh
I have the 1.3U cable from Limitless and removed pin9 per instructions from his website. I can connect to the AYC ecu but the data I'm getting isn't changing. I have USDM IX with only ACD so I wonder if that's the issue. From what I understand, the same ecu controls AYC and ACD but maybe evoscan isn't compatible with ACD only. Anyone with AYC been able to log any real data?

Also, if I try connecting to the ABS ecu, it just goes into a connect/disconnect loop.
same for me on a IX EDM (thus with ACD and AYC) . received data's are always 0xFF
maybe an issue with 'old' 1.3U cables (mine is 2 year old)
Old Mar 27, 2009, 12:07 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by fil78
same for me on a IX EDM (thus with ACD and AYC) . received data's are always 0xFF
maybe an issue with 'old' 1.3U cables (mine is 2 year old)
Mine is only a few months old and performs the same. I can't tell if it is a cable problem or the program version, but I haven't seen it working for many people. I was going to just wait for v2.6 to test it out. Maybe I'll see if 2.6b9 works with it...
Old Mar 27, 2009, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

I have a trouble ticket submitted so hopefully Hamish can find some time to shed more light on this issue. I've tried v2.6beta7 on 64bit Vista but no luck there either. I read through this thread and don't think it's a cable issue.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...s-pinouts.html

I checked for continuity on the pins in the cable and pins 1 and 4 are not linked. However, Pins 1 and 15 are linked. I'm guessing this is why Hamish suggested moving pin 1 on the car side to pin 15 but that didn't seem to fix the issue either.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

Does this mean we would need 2 cables to log steering wheel angle and throttle position simulaneously? Has anyone just installed an aftermarket steering wheel angle sensor?
Old Apr 17, 2009, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

No, the same cable would be used to log the AYC ecu instead of the EFI ecu. However, us guys with ACD only are SOL since the only reply I got from Hamish was "ACD is different to AYC." I get the impression this is pretty low on his priority list. From what I'm seeing on this forum, nobody's having any luck logging ACD or AYC.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by autoxer_minh
No, the same cable would be used to log the AYC ecu instead of the EFI ecu. However, us guys with ACD only are SOL since the only reply I got from Hamish was "ACD is different to AYC." I get the impression this is pretty low on his priority list. From what I'm seeing on this forum, nobody's having any luck logging ACD or AYC.
ACD & AYC are controlled by the same ECU , so if Hamish could fix this issue he will make ALL of us happy !
btw this will also enable us to activate the ACD/AYC pump to purge the hydraulic circuit of the ACD (& AYC).
Hamish
Old Apr 18, 2009, 06:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do you have a cable purchased by me? then it will work, because I made hardware changes to my cable to make it work.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Has anyone got this to work for AYC & ACD on an EDM or JDM IX (with Limitless cable)?
Old Apr 19, 2009, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 286 Likes on 218 Posts
I bought the "special" limitless cable for ayc, and it did not work, however, in subsequent disscusion with hamish we got to the point that my cable actually did not have the pins in the right position at all.. I am still waiting for an answer from him what to do..

limitless on top, normal tactrix on the bottom..

I think that grayw has had this working on UK cars....

Quick Reply: Any ACD/AYC evoscan logging experience?