ECU Flash

Problem- Evoscan not logging

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2009, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem- Evoscan not logging

I was having the same issue as the person in this thread here

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...rocessing.html

but after a friend went in a did some stuff it started to pull up with no issues.

Now when I try to datalog it says link engaged but it doesn't log anything this is all I get...

I have tried to uninstall and re install and still same thing.

I am able to Flash with no problem just not able to datalog anything any idea's??
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:25 PM

Is "Log Data To Screen" enabled?

http://screencast.com/t/3HvdW3F7N

Last edited by evolv; Apr 9, 2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:28 PM

Also you might have less issues on vista if you installed evoscan somewhere in your user directory (c:\users\username\xxx).

Depending on your setup, vista might not let you save to the default evoscan directory in "program files".
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by evolv
Also you might have less issues on vista if you installed evoscan somewhere in your user directory (c:\users\username\xxx).

Depending on your setup, vista might not let you save to the default evoscan directory in "program files".
yup log to screen is enabled and to use a differnt directory do I just have to uninstall and reinstall again and when it asks where do I go to users?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:28 PM

If you browse your C: drive, goto "users". Inside there should be a folder that matches the username of the person you're logged in as. So when you install evoscan and it asks you which directory to install to and example would be like:

c:\users\evolv\evoscan

Just an idea :/
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:30 PM

If you browse your C: drive, goto "users". Inside there should be a folder that matches the username of the person you're logged in as. So when you install evoscan and it asks you which directory to install to and example would be like:

c:\users\evolv\evoscan

Just an idea :/

ok just did that and it installs just fine and I changed it to users and still doesn't log anything I wish I had v.98 never had a problem with it
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:34 PM

What version of evoscan is this? 2.5 I assume?

Could be an issue with the cable drivers as well, I know both ecuflash and evoscan try to install the tactrix drivers and usually not the same versions. I had to use the drivers from ecuflash 1.34 with my tactrix 1.3 cable, then installed evoscan and canceled the screen where it tries to install the drivers.

Last edited by evolv; Apr 9, 2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 02:34 PM

what version of evoscan is this?
Old Apr 9, 2009, 06:13 PM

What version of evoscan is this? 2.5 I assume?

Could be an issue with the cable drivers as well, I know both ecuflash and evoscan try to install the tactrix drivers and usually not the same versions. I had to use the drivers from ecuflash 1.34 with my tactrix 1.3 cable, then installed evoscan and canceled the screen where it tries to install the drivers.
let me see if I can try that
Old Apr 9, 2009, 09:46 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
do not install program in to user's directory. You're getting more problems than solving. The user's directory is not for executable program but user's profile and data only.

Just install evoscan using its default. When done, open windows explorer and browse to c:\program files (x86)\evoscan\evoscan 2.5 and right-click on evoscan.exe to popup a menu, select "send to.. desktop" to create a short cut, when you run right-click and select "Run as administrator" to allow evoscan to have full access to its directory. You can make it run as "Administrator" by default but I'm lazy to explain. I explained it in another thread some where here.

Your problem may have something to do with EvoScan's startup directory is not where its data and definition files is located at.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by G20
do not install program in to user's directory. You're getting more problems than solving. The user's directory is not for executable program but user's profile and data only.

Just install evoscan using its default. When done, open windows explorer and browse to c:\program files (x86)\evoscan\evoscan 2.5 and right-click on evoscan.exe to popup a menu, select "send to.. desktop" to create a short cut, when you run right-click and select "Run as administrator" to allow evoscan to have full access to its directory. You can make it run as "Administrator" by default but I'm lazy to explain. I explained it in another thread some where here.

Your problem may have something to do with EvoScan's startup directory is not where its data and definition files is located at.
ok I will try it that way I have uninstalled and installed it under where it's suppose to be I've uninstalled tactrix drivers and reinstalled them as well and no go when I get home I'll try your way first
Old Apr 10, 2009, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by G20

ok well that didn't work on my laptop I'm running vista 64 bit.

I just installed everything on my chicks laptop running 32 bit vista and everything works fine had no problems what so ever and ideas now ???
Old Apr 10, 2009, 09:17 AM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
you should mention 64 bit earlier. You'll need EvoScan 2.6 beta 8 to work in Vista 64. Download it here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...en-review.html
Old Apr 10, 2009, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by G20
you should mention 64 bit earlier. You'll need EvoScan 2.6 beta 8 to work in Vista 64. Download it here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...en-review.html
looks like that might have fixed my issue I'm just waiting to test it out
Old Apr 10, 2009, 04:27 PM

I want to thank everyone that helped me I appreciate it. it was that I was using 64 bit vista and my dumbass didn't know it wasn't working with v2.5. I have put in v2.6 and now everythong work fine.

Again thanks everyone for their help

Quick Reply: Problem- Evoscan not logging