Notices
ECU Flash

Info on some things

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2009, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EViR
I just want a safe reliable car, and a tune i can actually LEARN and TUNE with.. U know? i bought an evo to tune and well with this map, everything is just f'ed up lol....

3" TBE
AMS 780cc Injectors
AMS Fuel Rail
AMS Intercooler (stock pipeing still... )
HKS 272 Cams
Cone Filter

Just ordered my wideband like 5mins ago, should be here in the middle of next week

What should the settings be on mitsulogger when i log:
These are mine, are these correct??
Scale : 696
Latency at 14.6 : 3.312
Latency at 11.72: .336

Just a heads up, it wasnt my "tuner" cause i got this car may 1st. Lol its never been tuned or seen anyone since iv had it. Just me, looking at it.. going wtf?
And u guys, trying to help me
Thanks u guys, maybe ill get a Tuned By: EvolutionM.Net Acrost my windshield LOL
PM me your email I'll send you a rom with settings which are pretty damn safe for a basic 93 octane car. The car wont be powerful this way but it should give you a good base to start playing with.
Old May 22, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have never seen a fuel map with such lean numbers before. Why would someone do something like that? I also noticed that the high octane and low octane ign maps were the same. Is no good mane. WG Duty cycle set to 100% for all values- might want to tone it down a notch in the center areas(especially when running so lean). I suggest looking at the "lets see your fully tuned timing maps" thread to get a good idea of what a proper map is supposed to look like. I'm not saying to use those maps- just look at the flow. I think there's some fuel maps in there too- but not sure. PM me your email
Old May 22, 2009, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong (as it's quite possible) but the 17.1, 22.1, etc are just basically a "scale" value applied to the injectors in that fuel map. It doesn't mean it's an actual 17.1 AFR. With the stock 513 scaling, like others said, looks like they're pulling a ton of fuel via the fuel map instead of at the global scaling level to start with.
Old May 22, 2009, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a good map emailed to me (Thanks )
So now i logged it in 3rd gear wot, looks good. Some knock.. So when tuning do i want to change the timing or the fuel maps? Just little tweaks i know this.
Everything flowing together not like 8 then -10 then back to 7.
Just curious
Yay my first time tuning wee lol i love it