Notices
ECU Flash

Evo9 FP Red Timing Maps/Fuel tables

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
FYI he isn't using map switching, just tuning two separate maps for each.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
If you run 70-80% load at 5500 in the course of driving the car and still have the intercooler pipes attached, my hat is off to you...as I drive by. :P

Map smoothing in some cases is overrated and doesnt help with anything. In this case if you shift so slow that it does actually does run into that area where it has to interpolate then it might cause an issue. I logged my shifts and never really saw it drop below 90% so I just went a little extra in case it needed it.
Old Jun 1, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by fostytou
So let me get a couple of things straight (we are so far OT anyway)

You are actually flashing two seperate maps when you switch to race gas instead of just flipping your switch for the tephra mods?

I tuned my car on pump gas with the stock actuator. I saved that map. Changed my WGA actuator and put racegas in it on the same tune. I added ~4 degrees of timing across the entire map and leaned it out by 0.1 through the course of t00ning the car...I changed my WGDC and my target boost. Once I maxed out my target boost I started raising my Boost Adder. I haven't installed the ECU pins for map switching.

(Since your boost adder is different for the two tunes and you are on the same tables). You can just leave it at 22.7 and set your pump map to [boost] - 8 psi (your adder) similar to your race map (IE 14 psi in the upper RPM cells.

Yes I could do that... and I would've done that had I tuned the Racegas map first and not the pump gas map. Same reason why my racegas map is scaled differently. It was modified as it became necessary.

You aren't using NLTS on what looks like a drag map?

I was advised not to flat shift the twin disc because it will slip. I've had it slip once during it...and thus I don't flat shift anymore.

Your boost doesn't really fluctuate at all at different RPM ranges?

It tapers off near redline. 30+psi @ 4k and 27 at redline. That looks like boost taper to me.

You require near 100% WGDC on a red for 32psi?

YES, this is why I was asking how I can get more boost from my control system.

...even with the actuator at 23psi?

The FP actuator is rated as a "23psi actuator", and yes.

I was under the impression the Red held much better than this. (but I don't have any experience with one yet).

I was and am still under this impression.

I would also flip all of those 0% wgdc cells to 100% and then drop down to 85% the cell before it spools (your 3500RPM cell if your map is correct, however the 40% might be in there to keep spike down).

That's really not tuned at lower engine speeds since I haven't been on a dyno yet. 4th gear pulls are very sacred... hard to achieve on Interstate-5. I will change it to 100%. makes perfect sense why.

I'm also curious why you are only hitting ~300 load. I would think that you would be much higher in the 340+ area with a Red.

I've hit 355 with it... but at lower engine speeds e.g. 4k

As a guestimate I don't think your timing is too far off, but thats just a guess (again, no experience with the red). With that level of boost I can see 15-16* near redline being plenty, but the numbers are a little jumpy.

It needs to be smoothed that's for sure. The higher load cells haven't been tested yet (thus...why i need more boost) The timing is as aggressive as I'm comfortable with, without doing it on a dyno to check degree of advance vs. delta in torque. To find out where I am compared to MBT. From that point I'll retard the timing 2 degrees and cut my cylinder pressure in half.

I'm curious to see the MIVEC map. I think it being unique is all the more reason to post it, but thats just me . The only thing preventing me from posting a map is if it is a standard vendor flash.

If aaron want's to post his/my mivec map...I'll let him do that.

JB,
thank you. I'll try that tonight.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I modified my timing map as JB suggested and made both my pump and race gas boost adders the same. My car still shift knocks... or should I say it "lift knocks". When I lift on throttle the car knocks. Could this be hardware related? Engine mounts being too soft? I have a agency power FMM.

I then went on to smooth out my timing maps and lean out my pump gas map. I'm also going to add WGDC and target on the pump map to get the boost to hold better.

Fast Freddie helped me adjust my idle today. It makes me way happier!

I'm considering switching to speed density to get rid of the MAF sensor and run a larger intake....more boostage!

Last edited by R/TErnie; Jun 2, 2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Not sure if I have said this before or not, but the knock sensor will pick up the BOV sometimes.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 06:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i dont beleive in map smoothing at least when over 150 load. i normally apply it to below 150 load for DD and then keep my >150 load map looking the same as i know what cells i hit and when. however, you will still need to transition it somewhat to make it "relativly" smooth.

i have added the same cells that JB posted to my map a while ago and have eliminated shift knock on the whole.. it works...

If aaron want's to post his/my mivec map...I'll let him do that.
and yes the MIVEC map kicks @ss!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by R/TErnie
I modified my timing map as JB suggested and made both my pump and race gas boost adders the same. My car still shift knocks... or should I say it "lift knocks". When I lift on throttle the car knocks. Could this be hardware related? Engine mounts being too soft? I have a agency power FMM.

I then went on to smooth out my timing maps and lean out my pump gas map. I'm also going to add WGDC and target on the pump map to get the boost to hold better.

Fast Freddie helped me adjust my idle today. It makes me way happier!

I'm considering switching to speed density to get rid of the MAF sensor and run a larger intake....more boostage!
I am glad that you are happy with how the car idles now buddy! I agree with Aaron, it could be the BOV harmonics that are causing the lift off knock... also could be the engine harmonics with the Engine front roll stopper also... I know with mine it causes nasty harmonics at lower loads and was causing nasty phantom knock, so i adjusted the knock threshold... BTW what load cells are you hitting when you are getting the lift off knock? We will take a look at the logs today!