Notices

Evo X Logging

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2009, 04:02 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nj1266
Hamish,

Did you fix the glitch while logging the AFR from an LM-1? As I told you a long time ago, when logging the LM-1 through Evoscan and you lift off the gas, Evoscan cuts off the LM-1 and it never comes back again. The user must stop logging and start logging again to enable Evoscan to log the LM-1.

This has been going on since version 2.4 of Evoscan. Have you fixed it? Please fix it if you have not. I am forced to log AFR wit the ZT2 and I do not like the ZT2. Please Hamish, fix this glitch. There are a lot of LM-1 users who have this problem.
that's interesting, I have a customer with a LM-1 and we didn't have any problems, I wonder why it would be different for us. We aren't using any of the mode23 stuff yet, keeping it simple. Maybe one of the paremeters you're trying to log is causing a problem. We're using "external wb02" in particular and I see some other "wb02" paremeters
Old Jul 26, 2009, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
Those are screenshots from Innovate LogWorks software
LOL that makes sense now. Well I know in PCMScan you could make tables like that. Does EvoScan have that option? IDK what it is but I find the graphs in EvoScan to be more confusing than say in PCMScan...do I need to set up the graphs or are the configured when the program is first installed?
Old Jul 26, 2009, 11:56 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by xbox4414
LOL that makes sense now. Well I know in PCMScan you could make tables like that. Does EvoScan have that option? IDK what it is but I find the graphs in EvoScan to be more confusing than say in PCMScan...do I need to set up the graphs or are the configured when the program is first installed?
Yes evoscan can be configured to give you those traced cell graphs if that is what you are after.

If you are looking for visualized plot graphs, I've found DataLogLab is hard to beat.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

How do you have EvoScan configured? Graphs or these traced cell graphs? I'm trying to figure out the best way to read a log in EvoScan....
Old Jul 26, 2009, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

Just getting this set up now...I read the ROM from my ECU via EcuFlash - It wasn't clear, but I'm guessing the ROM ID everyone is talking about is found under ROM INFO>Internal ID? The result there is 52680018 on this car. ECU ID was blank.

Is there a manual out there for this stuff? I checked the wiki on openecu.org but didn't find much in terms of getting this all set up.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

kooldino - you are correct.

i have a graph question also. you cant graph if you have a modified data xml right?
i have the one that sic posted and the one the mrfred posted (which is nice cause its only using mode23 stuff)
but i cant graph with the mrfred data xml correct?
Old Jul 26, 2009, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, cool. I'm currently editing my XML file located at C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo

Now when I add the mode 23 stuff to the XML file, do I have to add it in a specific place? I didn't see any mention of it i the first post.

Would inserting it here help?

Code:
<rom>
    <romid>
        <xmlid>52680018</xmlid>
        <internalidaddress>5002A</internalidaddress>
        <internalidhex>52680018</internalidhex>
        <make>Mitsubishi</make>
        <market>USDM</market>
        <model>Lancer</model>
        <submodel>Evolution X</submodel>
        <transmission>5MT</transmission>
        <year>2008</year>
        <flashmethod>mitsucan</flashmethod>
        <checksummodule>mitsucan</checksummodule>
        <memmodel>M32186F8</memmodel>
    </romid>

<table name="IFMode 0x05 -> 0x23 #1" category="Misc" type="1D" address="0x7f58d" scaling="Hex8"/>
<table name="IFMode 0x05 -> 0x23 #2" category="Misc" type="1D" address="0x8ada5" scaling="Hex8"/>
<table name="DoMode 0x42 -> 0x52" category="Misc" type="1D" address="0x8adaa" scaling="Hex16"/>

<include>52680015</include>
</rom>
PS - the last ">" is missing in the 52680015 snipped in the first post.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

ok, before you do anything save your stock ecu setting as a .hex so that you have it

im a noob and i got mine from someone else

but its at the bottom under **misc**
Old Jul 26, 2009, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

This isn't doing anything. I have no options under MISC except for ECU ID. Here's what I did:

1) downloaded my rom using ecuflash
2) Found the ROM ID
3) used the ROM ID add the 3 XML lines in Tephra's post above to the ROM meta data located at: C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo\ 52680018.xml
4) opened up the ROM I downloaded in step 1 with ecu flash

Last edited by Kooldino; Jul 26, 2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

kooldino - i sent you a pm.

i hope this isnt the blind leading the blind but i had someone show me how to do it thursday, so its all still fresh in my mind.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

I just tried some logs for practice with EvoScan and found something odd. If I go to "C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6 Beta17\SavedDataLogs" I will only see two sample logs.

However, if I go to "Graphs & Maptracer>Analyze .csv", I will get a list of the same exact directory (I verified it was the same) with the two sample logs PLUS all of the logs that I've taken.

What the hell?

Edit - I ended up finding them in "C:\Users\Dino\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Prog ram Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6 Beta17\SavedDataLogs"

I guess this is some kind of Vista thing? The original default "C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6 Beta17\SavedDataLogs" does exist, but it's not being used. Don't ask me why.

Last edited by Kooldino; Jul 26, 2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Is there a list of things that Mode23 will allow you to log that you couldn't normally?

I was told that to log knock count, I had to enable mode 23, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I suspect that you might have to do this to log knock retard, since it always shows a value of 255 as it site right now in beta 17.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

did you get it all figured out then?
Old Jul 26, 2009, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kooldino
I just tried some logs for practice with EvoScan and found something odd. If I go to "C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6 Beta17\SavedDataLogs" I will only see two sample logs.

However, if I go to "Graphs & Maptracer>Analyze .csv", I will get a list of the same exact directory (I verified it was the same) with the two sample logs PLUS all of the logs that I've taken.

What the hell?

Edit - I ended up finding them in "C:\Users\Dino\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Prog ram Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6 Beta17\SavedDataLogs"

I guess this is some kind of Vista thing? The original default "C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6 Beta17\SavedDataLogs" does exist, but it's not being used. Don't ask me why.
Ok, things just got one stage weirder. I didn't change anything in EvoScan. I went out and did some more logs, and this time, it stored the logs in "C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6 Beta17\SavedDataLogs". The really crazy part is that if I go to "Graphs & Maptracer>Analyze .csv", it seems to list the contents of both folders as if there is one folder that contains them all. Very odd. Anyone have any input on that one?
Old Jul 26, 2009, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tokeone
did you get it all figured out then?
Not the mode23 stuff.

Quick Reply: Evo X Logging