Notices

Evo X Logging

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2010, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ Addressed on the "other" forum. Seems to be missing definition XML.

Kasander,

The log skipping issue has been a huge hurdle for me. It happens with ALL THREE of my Vista computers, but doesn't happen with my POS old XP laptop. It's been enough of a pain that I've switched completely to the standalone logging through the Tactrix cable.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kasander
Not sure I follow you.
You can read a ROM (hex file) even if mode23 is not in your xml file.
You just won't see the option for mode23 but since you already enabled it.

The only time you won't be able to read a ROM is if you don't have the definition for that rom ID but not because one item definition is missing from the XML.

Could you clarify a bit your question? What's the rom ID?
That's what I was thinking too and why it through me off. So here's what I'm thinking but I didn't want to sound to much like a baboon. I "think" my ROM ID ended with 21. I can't tell from EcuFlash right now, every time I read from the ECU it doesn't give it to me. With that said I don't have the 21 definition file. I'm not sure where I got it to begin with on my old laptop if my memory is correct that it was 21.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

I found this on another forum... Does this look right?

<rom>
<romid>
<xmlid>52690021</xmlid>
<internalidaddress>5002a</internalidaddress>
<internalidhex>52690021</internalidhex>
<make>Mitsubishi</make>
<market>USDM</market>
<model>Lancer</model>
<submodel>Evolution X</submodel>
<transmission>SST</transmission>
<year>2008</year>
<flashmethod>mitsucan</flashmethod>
<memmodel>M32186F8</memmodel>
<checksummodule>mitsucan</checksummodule>
</romid>

<include>52680015</include>

<table name="Stationary Rev Limiter #2" address="54670" scaling="RPMStatLimit"/>

<table name="IFMode 0x05 -> 0x23 #1" category="Misc" type="1D" address="0x7f121" scaling="Hex8"/>
<table name="IFMode 0x05 -> 0x23 #2" category="Misc" type="1D" address="0x8aafd" scaling="Hex8"/>
<table name="DoMode 0x42 -> 0x52" category="Misc" type="1D" address="0x8ab02" scaling="Hex16"/>

</rom>
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by xPRimNT
Kasander,

The log skipping issue has been a huge hurdle for me. It happens with ALL THREE of my Vista computers, but doesn't happen with my POS old XP laptop. It's been enough of a pain that I've switched completely to the standalone logging through the Tactrix cable.
I actually fixed it, it's now logging as fast as it can be.
I had to go and check the "Disable Multithreading" in the Log menu.
Now I have like 4-5 rows per RPM point so it's fast enough.
I may give a shot at the standalone as well
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by Koroshiya
I found this on another forum... Does this look right?
If it's the definition Xprimnt gave you on the other forum you can trust him. It has to be good
Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

I saw his file after I found that other definition. They match up so I guess I'm good. Curious as to what xprimnt says about the disable codes in his file. I am curious if they just enable the ability to toggle the codes on and off or if they are straight up disabling the codes.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Koroshiya
I saw his file after I found that other definition. They match up so I guess I'm good. Curious as to what xprimnt says about the disable codes in his file. I am curious if they just enable the ability to toggle the codes on and off or if they are straight up disabling the codes.
The definition of the disable code in the file won't enable or disable anything.
You have to change the value in your ROM to enable or disable something like you did with Mode23.

I suggest you read the DTC disable thread for that and don't change anything before reading it

Here's the thread:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...p1238-etc.html
Old Mar 7, 2010, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kasander
Yup I can confirm that it's working fine on my 2010, and those DTC function are pretty nice. The only issue I have is with my AEM UEGO, it seems to always read zero. I tried 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 beta 5 they all work fine.

I'll give a shot at re-installing 2.7 again and hopefully it will work
^^ +1 i can vouch for this one too..i've successfully tuned my car and still going on with tuning..i've also used some of the DTC for the 2010's..thanks to all involved.. but as for the reading and clearing of codes (it wasn't working in the 2.7 latest beta that i know of), that would be great to see.

Last edited by tonyboy; Mar 7, 2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by tonyboy
but as for the reading and clearing of codes (it wasn't working in the 2.7 latest beta that i know of), that would be great to see.
Yup that's working in the final beta I've got

Make flashing and clearing code in a RA, less painful when you already have EvoScan open and you're ready for a pull right after a flash. Before I cleared them with ECUFlash but I prefer seeing what's the code before clearing

Tried to install 2.7 final beta again and no luck with the UEGO but work rock solide in 2.7 beta 5.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The current mode23 v2.7 logging on my car had the following results.

RPM WORKS
Load WORKS
Timing Advance WORKS
PSIG WORKS
Knock Sum Seems to work...no knock detected
External wide band (digital output from gauge) Not logged
TPS Works, but WOT = 86% to 87%
Manifold Air Temp Flat line negative 40
ECT (coolant temp) works but appears to be in deg C instead of deg F (83 deg at normal operating temp)
IAT (intake air temp) works but appears to be in deg C instead of deg F
speed KPH instead of MPH

So, it looks like the only real problems are the Manifold Air Temperature reading -40 and the TPS only going up to 86% or 87% at WOT. The rest is just a problem with metric units instead of imperial.

Keith
Old Mar 7, 2010, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
The current mode23 v2.7 logging on my car had the following results.

RPM WORKS
Load WORKS
Timing Advance WORKS
PSIG WORKS
Knock Sum Seems to work...no knock detected
External wide band (digital output from gauge) Not logged
TPS Works, but WOT = 86% to 87%
Manifold Air Temp Flat line negative 40
ECT (coolant temp) works but appears to be in deg C instead of deg F (83 deg at normal operating temp)
IAT (intake air temp) works but appears to be in deg C instead of deg F
speed KPH instead of MPH

So, it looks like the only real problems are the Manifold Air Temperature reading -40 and the TPS only going up to 86% or 87% at WOT. The rest is just a problem with metric units instead of imperial.

Keith
+1 on everything..yep the TPS reads like 87% tops..but as for the pulling of codes and clearing it (at least for the 55570005), didn't seem to work..
Old Mar 7, 2010, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tonyboy
+1 on everything..yep the TPS reads like 87% tops..but as for the pulling of codes and clearing it (at least for the 55570005), didn't seem to work..
Hmmm, for 55590006 the code reading and clearing works (2010 Ralliart). Is the 55570005 the 2010 GSR, 2010 MR or both?

Keith
Old Mar 8, 2010, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Temperature problems in EVOscan.

OK guys, if in metric units of deg C the formula for a temperature is "x-40" then how can the imperial formula be "1.8*x-40" The math does not work out! The formula for C to F conversion is as follows:

F= 9/5*c+32 this breaks down to F=1.8*C+32.... so if C=x-40 I can see where they get the F=1.8*x-40... but where did the +32 go from the formula?

Looking at the temperature readings I was getting on coolant temperature of between 180 to 198 with a rapid change in temperature. During that period of driving I would actual expect a change of 4 to 6 deg F... not almost 20 deg F! Since this was using the 1.8*x-40 formula without even adding the +32, I suspect that the C=x-40 part of the formula is incorrect.

In the morning I will log x with no modifiers from cold (what ever my thermometer reads will be my starting data point) to fully warmed up (This would peak at 176 idling in an EVO XIII... is it the same with the 4b11?) and use those data points to try and determine what the real formula should be for deg C and for deg F.

The speed formula isn't jacked up as bad, but it isn't correct either. If mph = kph / 1.609344 and the given formula in EVOscan for kph is x*2 then the formula for mph should be x*2/1.609344. This breaks down to mph = x*1.24274239.... but we use x*1.26 for some unknown reason. I am not the best choice for 100% accurate speed calibration due to running EVO VIII size tires rather than Ralliart or EVO X size tires... it throws off my speedo by around 1 mph or so, but I will do some testing of pure x speed measurement at known given speeds to see what is actually out being recorded.

Later,

Keith
Old Mar 9, 2010, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
Hmmm, for 55590006 the code reading and clearing works (2010 Ralliart). Is the 55570005 the 2010 GSR, 2010 MR or both?

Keith
it's only for a 2010 evo gsr..
Old Mar 9, 2010, 06:26 AM

Here is my EvoScan v2.7 Beta Results (10th March 2010)

2008 EvoX GSR Read DTC: WORKS
2008 EvoX GSR Clear DTC: WORKS
AEM UEGO Wideband fixed: WORKS (with AEM issue, I think it was only just fixed up last week, grab new beta if the old beta isn't working.)
Map Tracer Interpolation Calc: WORKS
Power/Torque Road Dyno Graphing: WORKS (its within 20hp of my real dyno graph)
Pressing MapTracer button from Graph screen now just map traces that zoomed log file portion: WORKS
Map Tracer ROM Editing 2008 EVOX Timing Map: WORKS
Map Tracer ROM Editing 2008 EVOX Fuel Map: WORKS
Map Tracer ROM Editing EVO VIII Timing Map: WORKS
Map Tracer ROM Editing EVO VIII Fuel Map: WORKS
Map Tracer ROM Reflashing EVO VIII: WORKS
EVO VIII ACD Datalogging: WORKS
EVO VIII ACD Actuators: not working

Last edited by _Speedy_; Mar 9, 2010 at 07:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Evo X Logging