Notices
ECU Flash

Evo5/6 Load and PW Cap?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo5/6 Load and PW Cap?

Has anyone found the Load and Injector PulseWidth Cap addresses in any of the 5 or 6 roms?

Also does the PulseWidth Cap only happen when you are near 380 Load or does Injector Size and other variables affect it?

I've tried finding them in the AirFlow routines, but there are 10+ AirFlow variables and the routines are huge.

Thanks much for any help.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ceddy
Has anyone found the Load and Injector PulseWidth Cap addresses in any of the 5 or 6 roms?

Also does the PulseWidth Cap only happen when you are near 380 Load or does Injector Size and other variables affect it?

I've tried finding them in the AirFlow routines, but there are 10+ AirFlow variables and the routines are huge.

Thanks much for any help.
Is what you are asking for the fuel cut? To prevent overboost basically?
Old Jun 12, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crcain
Is what you are asking for the fuel cut? To prevent overboost basically?
No, the Load Cap limits your load to 380 max.

PulseWidth Cap limits your PulseWidth to some number, and will basically turn your Injectors off for a split second, creating a lean condition and detonation.

These are the only things that haven't been found on the older ecus, to make them usable on a high HP car.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

No, the Load Cap limits your load to 380 max.

PulseWidth Cap limits your PulseWidth to some number, and will basically turn your Injectors off for a split second, creating a lean condition and detonation.

These are the only things that haven't been found on the older ecus, to make them usable on a high HP car.
What is the purpose of either of those things? What table defines the fuel cut / boost cut for Evo 5's and 6's... normally it is around 1.4 bar that you get fuel cut in a 6.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Read through this thread for your answer and code to add to your XML: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ng-guys-3.html
Old Jun 12, 2009, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crcain
What is the purpose of either of those things? What table defines the fuel cut / boost cut for Evo 5's and 6's... normally it is around 1.4 bar that you get fuel cut in a 6.
Boost Cut is around 200 Load. Boost Cut and Load, PW Cap are two different things.

Originally Posted by Creamo3
Read through this thread for your answer and code to add to your XML: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ng-guys-3.html
Thats a good thread, unfortunately no Evo5/6 info in it. Because the 5/6 use a different processor its hard to match things up with the 8 code.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I think I was the only one working on this area of the code for the 7/8/9. No one has done a serious disassembly of the 5/6. Most of the MLR guys are fitting Evo 7 ECUs for the better understanding/mods.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jcsbanks
I think I was the only one working on this area of the code for the 7/8/9. No one has done a serious disassembly of the 5/6. Most of the MLR guys are fitting Evo 7 ECUs for the better understanding/mods.
What strategy did you use for the AirFlow routines? I have all the addresses from the MUT table named, and have found the Injector Latency Lookup routines.

I've tried working backwards from the Latency Lookup, but haven't made good progress.

In the old 1G DSM code they do cmp to hard coded numbers, but I haven't found anything like that.

I'd like to figure this out a lot of cars use the H8 ecus, and I've heard some bad stories about the PW limit.

Thanks much for any insights.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What strategy did you use for the AirFlow routines? I have all the addresses from the MUT table named, and have found the Injector Latency Lookup routines.

I've tried working backwards from the Latency Lookup, but haven't made good progress.

In the old 1G DSM code they do cmp to hard coded numbers, but I haven't found anything like that.

I'd like to figure this out a lot of cars use the H8 ecus, and I've heard some bad stories about the PW limit.

Thanks much for any insights.
Is it the same processor? I wonder if you could just update the rom to use an evo 7 file instead.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Different processors.

My strategy was starting from a disassembly that lots of people had put work into and then spending three months going through the routine from the MAF pulse to the injector pulse. This is no small job!

You could start with interrupts as these process MAF or CAS pulses and then go through the code line by line.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so if these caps exist, how come they aren't mentioned much when tuning 7-9 ecus. i've got my axis scaled out to 360 currently but still running lower boost. are the caps something i'd need to adjust eventually, or does it only apply to the H8 ecu's?

Last edited by nitz; Jun 16, 2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Lattitude 48.38°, Longitude 17.58°, Altitude 146m = Slovakia, for common dude
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It is vice -versa it is known for SH2 but unknown for H8.
If you want some more info read thru https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...eing-guys.html