Notices
ECU Flash

Cold start enrichment for 94170015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I think the bottom line on the search is while I am grateful travman gave me the link he doesn't like me, so he wanted to bust my *****. That's fine, I got what I needed. I'd have rather just got the help but whatever, I can live with it.

The good news is, I put the XML into a few ROMS I am using with the link provided. No problems.

When I finally run through the tank of unleaded that's in the car now I'll put the E85 back in and work on it again. I also have a date with the track to see what the car will run if I put some more effort into it.

Everyone has been extremely helpful in the ECU community, I appreciate that.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Dave,

Not sure if you read my post, but just to clarify and help you a bit in the future. If you go to google, just put your search there in a format similar to this:

+94170015 +"cold start" site:forums.evolutionm.net

If you type that exactly into Google's search bar, it will find all threads/posts that have 94170015 and the phrase 'cold start' in them.

The +'s in front of a word or phrase means that the result must include this and the quotes around a phrase means that exact phrase must be present.

Or for example, if you typed:

+94170015 +cold +start site:forums.evolutionm.net

That means find all results that must have 94170015, cold, and start.

Just a couple tips on better searching instead of dealing with the crappy forum search feature. (Note the colon in between site and the site address.) Obviously the more words or phrases you enter will narrow the results better, but sometimes it's good to leave it general to find everything, since some people call things by different names, etc.

Eric

Last edited by l2r99gst; Jun 23, 2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you, I did see the post but didn't understand it. Now I got it. I generally find what I am looking for, in this case I didn't. I will try to note what you said about google and try that next time.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:07 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I think the bottom line on the search is while I am grateful travman gave me the link he doesn't like me, so he wanted to bust my *****.
travman might not like you but I like you dave.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 07:12 PM
Account Disabled

It's great to see you taking the ball busting so well David. You've been pretty calm in the last 6 months or so. I've had my own beef with you but it was over stupid sh it. It's great to see you getting the help you need without too much hassle.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

I think the bottom line on the search is while I am grateful travman gave me the link he doesn't like me, so he wanted to bust my *****. That's fine, I got what I needed. I'd have rather just got the help but whatever, I can live with it.

The good news is, I put the XML into a few ROMS I am using with the link provided. No problems.

When I finally run through the tank of unleaded that's in the car now I'll put the E85 back in and work on it again. I also have a date with the track to see what the car will run if I put some more effort into it.

Everyone has been extremely helpful in the ECU community, I appreciate that.
Now I highly doubt you have NEVER taken the opportunity to "bust ones *****" when the opportunity comes aboot? Now busting ones ***** does not always mean i don't like you because its just in my nature - but in this case I cant argue nor deny your assumption this time.

Glad I could help get the info out in the open (seeing it benefits others as well).....I am fairly good at searching for things I need, it was the one good thing I gained from 5 years of college and endless research papers.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

That explains it. No college and no research papers for me. Blind luck is what I rely on.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 06:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Hi guys,
I guess my next question is going to be to Tephra, any chance of adding cold start enrichment alt maps to the next version? It would be very handy for E85 vs gasoline.
V7 includes an "alt startup enrichment" table.

However you will need to migrate to 96530006 as I am not going to do a 94170015.

MR Turco - As far as I know there arn't any issues with 96530006 on 94170015 - can you maybe start a new thread so that you can post information and other people can maybe help you out??
Old Jun 24, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

OK Tephra, going to keep that in mind. I know that 0006 ROM is the future, my car has been working so well like it is I hate to change for the 3rd time I noticed today that on initial start up, even on pump gas, the AFR's are on the lean side. I think I can bump it a bit and have both maps work perfectly. Going to try that first as I have too much going on, overwhelmed.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by travman
your search skills are weak.....

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ent-table.html

Also here is all the search info in the above posted thread link for the 94170015 rom.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/se...rchid=11097842
Ok so i searched for the same thing, is this different then from "water temp enrich starting and running"?

Or should I use this instead?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 03:43 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
MR Turco - As far as I know there arn't any issues with 96530006 on 94170015 - can you maybe start a new thread so that you can post information and other people can maybe help you out??
It has been discussed in a few threads. I may have found the fix so iam going to try that - just waiting for the local 8 owner to come by so i can try it. If that works i will post up what i found. His car has the symptoms bad so it should be obvious if it works.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

I wanted to bump this thread back to life. Basically, I have searched for a how to on adding xml data to a ROM, with no true results. Essentially, I want to add what has been posted in this thread to my ROM to help with cold start issues. Can someone walk me through what program I need to use to upload the ECUFlash file to enable to manipulation of table formulas?

If there is a thread already, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2010, 11:15 AM
wip
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cheb evo
I wanted to bump this thread back to life. Basically, I have searched for a how to on adding xml data to a ROM, with no true results. Essentially, I want to add what has been posted in this thread to my ROM to help with cold start issues. Can someone walk me through what program I need to use to upload the ECUFlash file to enable to manipulation of table formulas?

If there is a thread already, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Make sure Ecuflash isn't open.

Copy the lines/tables you want to add, eg...

(Taken from post 5 as an example)

<table name="Post Primer Enrich Decay #1" category="Fuel" address="3712" type="2D" level="2" scaling="EnrichmentAdj">
<table name="Engine Temp" address="67bc" type="X Axis" elements="9" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="Post Primer Enrich Decay #2" category="Fuel" address="3722" type="2D" level="2" scaling="EnrichmentAdj">
<table name="Engine Temp" address="67bc" type="X Axis" elements="9" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

<table name="Post Primer Enrich #1" category="Fuel" address="3732" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
</table>

<table name="Post Primer Enrich #2" category="Fuel" address="3742" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
</table>

<table name="Primer Cranking Enrich - First Pulse" category="Fuel" address="3810" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
<table name="Engine Temp" address="67d8" type="X Axis" elements="11" scaling="Temp"/>
</table>

Browse to: Program Files>OpenECU>EcuFlash>rommetadata>mitsubishi>evo>

Find your xml.

Right click.

Open with notepad.

Paste in anywhere before the </rom>

Open Ecuflash.

Open your rom.

Voila.

P.S. Also taken from post 5:

your search skills are weak.....
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

thanks wip, I will give that a shot tonight. My search skills are absolutely weak!

Just tried to open the .hex file with notepad and ended up with a bunch of symbols. Ideas?

Last edited by cheb evo; Sep 8, 2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cheb evo
Just tried to open the .hex file with notepad and ended up with a bunch of symbols. Ideas?
Where did anyone say to open the .hex file in Notepad?

You open the .xml file for your ROM in Notepad and paste the code into there. Just follow the steps above your post.