Notices
ECU Flash

sudden enrichment and stalling

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2009, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one more question.. when backing out the screw are you asking me to 1.)make the part of the screw that is seen from inside the maf flush with inside (like this threads of the top of the screw are actually showing on the outside above the receptacle) or 2.) do you want me to make the top of the screw on the outside flush with it's recepetacle (like this there is still some protrusion of the screw on the inside of the maf)

Last edited by nitz; Jun 25, 2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry....I meant Load, not Hz.....Brain fart at 8am.

Post up a copy of your timing and fuel maps. I will tell you where to adjust from there.

I see you raised your low and mid controls. I really havn't found that necessary since the resolution is so crappy. I just tune the MAF and tables to get the MAF to read in the correct values.

Don't mess with your idle stepper look up table.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Make the screw flush on the inside of the MAF. No point in backing it out any further.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Actually those are the standard values for this rom. Quite high. I went ahead and increases tming, leaned out fuel in the idle areas an upped idle to 1070. It made a positive difference bit still had a single episode of overrun on a slow steep incline that required some clutch work. Will post up maps when I get to a pc. Hvnt adjusted the maf screw yet

Last edited by nitz; Jun 25, 2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Awesome! ! Glad it is working out for you.

PM me your email. I will send you some more Revolver info.

Paul
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

maybe i spoke to soon..lol. i should know by now these things have a way of creeping back up after you think you've made progress. sometimes i think the stock ecu is jsut too smart for it's own good. i'm going to try the screw adjustment now. this won't affect wot by lowering load points being hit and potentially running more timing than what it's tuned for previously?

here are the maps.. i'm running that block of 11 for timing now instead of 8. and the fuel map previously had 13.3 instead of 14.5 on the top left row

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Awesome! ! Glad it is working out for you.

PM me your email. I will send you some more Revolver info.

Paul

Last edited by nitz; Jun 25, 2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Are you ever hitting the 340 and 360 load cells?

I never go over 320 with my Green and revolvers.

Your ignition cells in the 60 load are too high. Those cells were for the stock engine and when the A/C is on. A/C increases load and will require a bit more timing.....at least from what I have logged.

Simply shift the values over to the 80 load cells.

I found that Revolvers do not like a lot of timing.

We can keep working the issue.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

well i am only running about 23psi and hitting 300 with the stroker and red. i scaled out to 360 in anticipation of running more boost.. but i don't think i'll run more than 26-27psi on 91 so i could probably get away with 340 and gain back a column of resolution lower down. race gas would be another story though.

i'll put 11's in the 60 load and move the current 60 load over to 80 in the 0 - 1000rpm range that is.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Looking at your airflow you can see that it hardly goes low enough to allow the LTFT low to adjust and stay consistant. You need to get the idle Hz to be lower.

Your base idle RPM is a bit low for Revolvers. Anything below 1K and it will have issues. Mine are set at 1070 and idle great.

your wide band is showing that it is running rather rich for idle.

your timing is a bit low for the revolvers as well.

SOOOO....

To get the MAF Hz down......on the bottom of the MAF there is a small rubber plug. Remove the rubber and turn out the ecrew until the hole it cloeses into is flush and wide open. This should lower the Hz enough to get the LTFT low to read.

Set your idle to about 1025 to 1070

In the fuel table in the 1000 rpm and below and 60 hz and below cells, set them to stock values

In the timing table same 1000 rpm and below and 60Hz and below cells raise the timing to about 8 degrees

Increase the idle stability timing control to 146 from the stock 128 value

These should help. Give them a shot and get back to us.

Paul
What is the idle stability timing control? I don't see that. I'm running tephrav5.1
Old Jun 26, 2009, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

26-27 lbs on only 91 octane....seems a little high. I am running that boost on 93. Every car is different though.

The adjustment screw only seems to affect MAF readings and nothing else. By allowing a bit more air to bypass the sensor inside the MAF, the Hz will lower. In addition, the added flow will aid a smidge to spool and top end.

bambooi
This is for the 94170015

<table name="Idle Stability Timing Control" category="Timing" address="174e" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint16">
<table name="Settings" type="Static X Axis" elements="3">
<data>Sensitivity</data>
<data>Timing Limit</data>
<data>Untested</data>
</table>
</table>
Old Jun 26, 2009, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

I need to add that to my v5.10 rom map for my evo9. I have similar mods to you appauld and I see where you posted in fastazzevo's thread about stalling with the AC on. I have the original posters problem that is stated in this thread in regards to the car trying to catch itself and idle when the clutch is pressed in coming to a stop with the ac on. I will try the changes you posted above.

I read where you said you increased the iscv steps by 10 in the last two temperature rows and it did not help. I think I am seeing the same thing as well with no help doing those changes. I did many searches and I read johnbradley increased the iscv steps by 10. The problem is not at idle, but when rolling to a stop with the clutched pressed in and the rpms will drop below 1k and sometimes the car will idle, which is what the OP in this thread posted.

OP: Have you found any resolutions to your problem that you could help the community out? I have not had a chance to do the changes yet.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

When rolling to a stop with the clutch depressed you are in the first load column (no load). Maybe timing is droping off too fast and causing the stall condition?

The only way to know for sure is to log the condition. We need the load when rolling to a stop and timing.

Also timing and load it idle with A/C on will help as well.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Any updates???
Old Jul 1, 2009, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

hey sorry guys, gf in town and i've had to neglect my other gf/evo a bit..hehe. well even with the screw adjusted i still experience the stalling on quick start offs and clutch depresses. i do however think it has gotten a little better, but haven't had a chance to log to see if the Hz have truly lowered with the screw adjustment. i find it odd though that with my AC on the car is a little more resistant to the stalling issue. as long as the compressor is running the idle is extremely smooth and the car easier to drive, probably because it's in a higher load area of the map. i'll do some logs today with and without the AC on so see what it reveals. i'm also planning to rescale my load axes to re-introduce the resolution in lower load areas to see if that makes transitions smoother and improves the issue. i still have not found any xml addresses for the Idle Stability Timing Control tables for my rom, so i may have to give a donation to get that done if you guys think it really helps.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Well, at lease we are getting somewhere.

My car, just as yours runs great on all conditions except with the darn A/C on. If the weather would ever cooperate here in Cincy...I could do some logs and find the issue. I believe that the raise in load with the AC on causes the issue. Timing is a little screwey in the 60 load range for me. Maybe I need to tone it down a bit.

Quick Reply: sudden enrichment and stalling