Notices
ECU Flash

Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2015, 11:00 AM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by Klaiceps
Try the settings in post #361 in this thread.
On post 361 you show an additional table open: "ECU Periphery2 FCA bits"

Can you elaborate more on how this particular table comes into play?
Old Dec 16, 2015, 02:56 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Try the settings in post #361 in this thread.

So- today I flashed this and I think I've got it working correctly. I did not have success the first 2 times I tried.

I first flashed it with the 1's and 0's changed so that they only showed 0 with secondary air, heated catalyst and AC. I had 0's in these 3 spots on both tables (I changed them with the "]" and "[" buttons)

When I did this it showed 3 systems not meeting "readiness" on my obd2 scan tool. I think it was egr, cat and evap.

I went back into ecuflash and changed them to the force pass settings as told to by the rom which are E000 first, EAFF second and EAFF / 6AA7- this gives the appearance of all "1's" in the 2 tables "monitor pass/failed" and "monitor available/not available". - this did the exact same thing you had Klaiceps, I only had misfire, fuel and CCM showing ready and everything else was not available when scanned with the scan tool.

Remembering your situation I went in and changed the "E000" value to "4019" (which is stock) for the availability portion leaving the other values as I have had them. This I believe gave me the desired result.

Here is what my car looked like when I scanned it with my obd2 generic scan tool seconds after I finished the latest reflash:

Normally on this scan tool when a test is not available (such as SAS, heated cat and AC-ref) it does not light up the LCD. If you look carefully at the picture you can see these LCDs are not lighting up, but you can barely see the outline shadow.

The correct ones are lighting up solid, so I believe this means the scanner thinks the monitors are ready and kosher.

Does all this sound right or am I losing my mind?

Last edited by Jp7; Jul 6, 2017 at 06:09 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
If everything you need is showing up as ready on your scan tool, then that will be the same thing the inspectors will read. You should be good to go. Report back with your results and maybe a screenshot of your settings on ECU Flash.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 03:22 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

If everything you need is showing up as ready on your scan tool, then that will be the same thing the inspectors will read. You should be good to go. Report back with your results and maybe a screenshot of your settings on ECU Flash.
Here is a screen-shot of how mine looks now:

As you can see the trick that worked for me was the "4019" up top.

The confusing thing is shown with green towards the bottom. I don't understand why it has "1" on the ac/sas and heat-cat values. When I scan it with my test-tool (above) you can clearly see that these are not available (the LCD lights are dimmed-out)

Anyways I think I am good now. I would love to help others. My test is not for a few months so I don't know for sure but I will check the status with my scanner when I drive the car. Car rarely gets driven though (only about 200 miles maybe put on it this year)

Last edited by Jp7; Jul 6, 2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

It's weird. When I was digging around for info, most people chiming in were using Evo VIII ROMs which are a bit different from the IXs. The patches worked flawlessly for them but for those with the 8859 ROMs, it was hit or miss. I had to play around with the tables a few times to get the results I needed and I found them purely by trial and error. It seems the forced inspection patch is a little buggy for the 88590015 ROMs.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 03:35 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

It's weird. When I was digging around for info, most people chiming in were using Evo VIII ROMs which are a bit different from the IXs. The patches worked flawlessly for them but for those with the 8859 ROMs, it was hit or miss. I had to play around with the tables a few times to get the results I needed and I found them purely by trial and error. It seems the forced inspection patch is a little buggy for the 88590015 ROMs.
I don't want to get too excited yet but I think we have it licked. I owe you because your situation came to mind when I saw I only had the fuel/miss/cca there.

If this is indeed correct, I will gladly paypal you a gift of 25$ for your help and willingness to respond to my distress! I promise I will let you know.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jp7
I don't want to get too excited yet but I think we have it licked. I owe you because your situation came to mind when I saw I only had the fuel/miss/cca there.

If this is indeed correct, I will gladly paypal you a gift of 25$ for your help and willingness to respond to my distress! I promise I will let you know.
Lol don't worry about it. Im just glad it helped out someone. Just be sure to contribute to this forum when you find something useful.
Old Dec 16, 2015, 07:53 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
okay. so i did the same on my IX. i have a local smog shop that will plug in for me to see how it looks. i'll try to do it on monday. we'll see how it goes.

Old Dec 16, 2015, 07:56 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
okay. so i did the same on my IX. i have a local smog shop that will plug in for me to see how it looks. i'll try to do it on monday. we'll see how it goes.
awesome - it would be great to know!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 03:29 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

FYI - I drove my car today for the first time after the reflash. Several starts and stops. I scanned it and everything is still showing good, so I think this will be a good fix and confirmed solution.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Jp7
FYI - I drove my car today for the first time after the reflash. Several starts and stops. I scanned it and everything is still showing good, so I think this will be a good fix and confirmed solution.
The problem is its showing tests which are not normally enabled on the evo. I'm using e000 and 6ae6 and it passes but has a couple extra tests enabled . Make sure you didnt disable the rear o2 using the periphery this can cause an issue only use the patch that was posted.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 07:24 PM
Jp7
Evolved Member

my scanner is not showing these tests enabled - the scanner is not picking up AC refrigerant, heated cat, or secondary air system. (the photo of the scanner above shows this)
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jp7
Awesome!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Here is the proper settings that work I confirmed yesterday.

Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)-pass-insp.jpg
Old Jan 8, 2016, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ecu

That's on an eclipse though right? I think the settings they were talking about were for a IX.

Quick Reply: Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)