Notices
ECU Flash

Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Pretty much the same thing on my 8859. The completion patch is probably different because my available/passed match.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you add this patch is the OBD inspection for each item either forced PASS or FAIL or can you still use the system to test these items? I am only looking to get the rear O2 and rear O2 heater to pass. I have already added the "Complete rear O2 delete patch and so far the SES light hasn't come back on but I still have two readiness codes that have not cleared and it's been 2 days and over 100 miles of driving. I'd like to know if something fails in these other systems and allow the OBD test to function normally.

Before I got the Tactrix cable I had simulated the rear O2 with an Arduino setup I built and it worked fine. It only took about 24 hours and about 30 miles or so of driving before all the readiness codes had cleared with no SES light. Not sure why it's taking so long to be "ready" after the patch.

Oh, and is "Catalyst" and "Heated Catalyst Sensor" the two parameters for the rear O2?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:43 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by qsiguy
If you add this patch is the OBD inspection for each item either forced PASS or FAIL or can you still use the system to test these items? I am only looking to get the rear O2 and rear O2 heater to pass. I have already added the "Complete rear O2 delete patch and so far the SES light hasn't come back on but I still have two readiness codes that have not cleared and it's been 2 days and over 100 miles of driving. I'd like to know if something fails in these other systems and allow the OBD test to function normally.

Before I got the Tactrix cable I had simulated the rear O2 with an Arduino setup I built and it worked fine. It only took about 24 hours and about 30 miles or so of driving before all the readiness codes had cleared with no SES light. Not sure why it's taking so long to be "ready" after the patch.

Oh, and is "Catalyst" and "Heated Catalyst Sensor" the two parameters for the rear O2?
I'm not exactly sure what you are after, but if you don't have it set up right, you won't get some readiness codes to show. That's the point of this thread.
Is that the problem.you are having or am I misreading your post? Sorry....its late LOL
Old Jan 9, 2016, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by hearnoevo
That's on an eclipse though right? I think the settings they were talking about were for a IX.
Eclipses use evo 8 ecu's from the factory you just reflash it. Theres been a lot of people posting with problems with it showing wrong tests enabled I think the patch changed slightly with v7 but its definitely fixed now.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by kaj
I'm not exactly sure what you are after, but if you don't have it set up right, you won't get some readiness codes to show. That's the point of this thread.
Is that the problem.you are having or am I misreading your post? Sorry....its late LOL
I guess to simplify, once I implement this will I still get a check engine light if the front O2 fails, for example? I don't want to loose the diagnostic capabilities of the ECU.

My concern isn't which readiness codes are enabled, more regarding the pass/fail part of this. It appears from what I'm reading here once you do this each parameter either passes or fails OBD test based on what you set rather than what the ECU is actually reading.

That make any more sense or am I overcomplicating this patch?

Thanks for the input

Shane
Old Jan 9, 2016, 01:38 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by qsiguy
I guess to simplify, once I implement this will I still get a check engine light if the front O2 fails, for example? I don't want to loose the diagnostic capabilities of the ECU.

My concern isn't which readiness codes are enabled, more regarding the pass/fail part of this. It appears from what I'm reading here once you do this each parameter either passes or fails OBD test based on what you set rather than what the ECU is actually reading.

That make any more sense or am I overcomplicating this patch?

Thanks for the input

Shane
your car needs the front O2 to run. The OBD patch doesn't affect that.

I use the patch for my rear O2 and EGR (i have it disabled). Everything else on my car works. I would assume some parameters, say the evap or egr, may not show as a CEL if they aren't working right, but I'm not sure.
I only use this patch to smog the car, then I go back to normal.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by kaj
your car needs the front O2 to run. The OBD patch doesn't affect that.

I use the patch for my rear O2 and EGR (i have it disabled). Everything else on my car works. I would assume some parameters, say the evap or egr, may not show as a CEL if they aren't working right, but I'm not sure.
I only use this patch to smog the car, then I go back to normal.
Good idea. I have no SES now and just pending ready codes. So if the patch clears the ready codes that would work just to get the test done every couple years then download the normal ROM.

Thanks.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 12:11 AM

Well I re-read through most of this thread and realized I was over complicating this. I was concerned that some sensors would not trip an SES light but now I realize this patch has nothing to do with codes. It only makes the 5 ready codes come back as ready. O2 sensor issue or whatever will still trip a code. I did one of the rear O2 sim and rear O2 heater sim patches and still have 2 ready tests coming back "Not Ready". I will download this patch tomorrow and I suspect it will clear those ready codes. I'm sure I'm just restating the obvious for some of you but in case anyone was still confused as I was maybe this will help clarify.

For example right after you clear an SES light for a day or so of driving your ECU will say "Not Ready" if you try and go get an emission test done, this eliminates that problem.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by erbarrientos
Pretty much the same thing on my 8859. The completion patch is probably different because my available/passed match.
Using your same settings and I'm all good now. Rear O2 patch got rid of the SES light and now this patch and 2 ready codes that were staying "not ready" are all cleared now. Awesome.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:58 PM
kaj

mine is different than the ones posted above. bleh. figures, nothing is ever easy LOL

Old Jan 27, 2016, 01:13 PM
kaj

this seems to be my only discrepancy. it has different options than the other "availability" patch.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 07:30 PM
kaj

Did you guys still have to drive the car a bit or was everything ready right off the bat?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Did you guys still have to drive the car a bit or was everything ready right off the bat?
It was ready off the bat.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 07:24 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by Klaiceps
It was ready off the bat.
I messed with the settings and got seven parameters showing "ready". I'm testing today and will report back.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ecu

And the results were? If you can post the sheet results that would be great

Quick Reply: Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)