96530706 + DMA +LiveMap + SD - working

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2009 | 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by roger smith
A 3 psi difference makes a 60% difference in fuel injected
2 psi - 40%
0.4 psi - 8%
This depends on what your reference value is.

But, besides that point, it doesn't matter. The change is map is minute compared to the change in fueling...roughly 2.8% change in map to roughly 80% change in fueling (IPW).

That's why this is confusing. Perhaps when mrfred can look into the calculations of the other RAM variable, it may provide more insight.

Until then, all I could do is try different tests and wait for others to test as well. Maybe it's just an issue specific to this ROM?

Eric
Old Aug 4, 2009 | 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

I see what you mean.
I see the bigger the value of pressure is the smaller the resulting fuel differences will be.

So that goes to say, is your manifold pressure around zero during that condition? 1800-2400 rpm, 60-80 load? Pressures close to zero will result in what I described earlier.
Old Aug 4, 2009 | 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

The absolute pressure is 65-85 kpa...it's not 65-85 load. I think that may be where you are getting confused. In terms of gauge pressure and psi, that would be about -5.27psi to -2.37 psi.

I appreciate your input, but I think we are way past that point in the understanding. As mentioned, the kpa jitter is small (2-3kpa)...so around a 2.8% change at most and the IPW dips/jumps about 80% in comparison.

Eric
Old Aug 4, 2009 | 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Just a thought, isn't there some form of acceleration enrichment through that range that drops out above and below that RPM range?

If accel/decel enrichment is based on rate of change of load and a small jitter in MAP causes a small, but quick change in load, this may produce a large accel/decel correction. Isn't there a couple MUT channels that monitor accel enrichment?

It's worth a shot to log those channels. If accel/decel is only related to (delta) TPS then this is probably pretty unlikely.

One other possibility, way back in the days of DSMLink V1 I remember seeing some break down of the MAF code where the ECU has some form of correction to account for the time delay associated with the pulse prorogation within the intake system. It sounded like something very similar to accel enrichment, but it was very specifically related to the time delay the intake system would create from the initial throttle opening to when the pressure wave would reach the MAF and cause the MAF to see the increase in airflow.

Or maybe this is what we are regarding as synchronous/asynchronous enrichment?

One more thing, aren't some people seeing some funkyness down there and there was talk of it being related to lean spool? I know my car will creep to like 9:1 AFRs in that range for no apparent reason.

Last edited by 03whitegsr; Aug 4, 2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2009 | 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Well, another failed attempt at writing to RAM in v7t6...

I have tried both ways of writing using ecuflash & the Live Map app.

I started with a fresh ROM(logics' pre-patched ROM for Live Map), made the correct change for Tephra adj 2, triple checked my xml, followed the instructions for Live Map app to a T.....nothing. I can read from RAM just fine, but cannot write. The trace curser in the ignition map seems to be stuck & 4000 RPM, but moves with Load.

At this point I am trying to do this without any Speed Density changes & I am using the default MUT Table(no changes other than MUT 00 for 1-byte load, MUT 12 for wideband, MUT 8a & 8b for Direct Boost)

I'm probably just doing something stupid since it works for others
Old Aug 4, 2009 | 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

If you want, PM me your email and I can send you my ROM...just add your immob and transfer your tuning tables and see if it works.

Or at the very least, just to compare the DMA and SD code between the two.

Also, maybe try the latest livemap exe that I have posted somewhere in the thread as well as double checking your settings within the LiveMap app.

Last edited by l2r99gst; Aug 4, 2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2009 | 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks, I'll send it on on over.
Old Aug 4, 2009 | 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Oh crap! I didn't update the pre-patched ROM!

gearhead, follow the instructions I posted here to fix it. I've updated the pre-patched ROM as well, so future downloads should be correct.

Guys, that was completely my fault. My apologies, I completely forgot about the pre-patched version.
Old Aug 5, 2009 | 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by logic
Oh crap! I didn't update the pre-patched ROM!

gearhead, follow the instructions I posted here to fix it. I've updated the pre-patched ROM as well, so future downloads should be correct.

Guys, that was completely my fault. My apologies, I completely forgot about the pre-patched version.
I have done that already, and still nothing. I must have patched the rom after you made the changes because when I change fixed tephra adj#2, tephra adj #2 changes too.
Old Aug 5, 2009 | 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

l2r99gst, are you the only one running SD with a non oem MAP sensor?
Old Aug 5, 2009 | 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Not sure. But even with the OEM sensor the same issue has been seen in gear head's logs.

In my logs, map doesn't seem to be the issue either, but I don't want to rule it out just yet.

Last edited by l2r99gst; Aug 5, 2009 at 01:11 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2009 | 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Eric,
I just copied over my tables to your ROM and.....GREAT SUCCESS!!

Logic,
No worries, everybody forgets things, I'm just happy you guys picked up where John left off.

With all the goodness packed inside this new uber ROM I think I'll be a happy guy for a while as far as patches go, short of cylinder based Ignition timing that is

Thanks to both of you & all the others that had a hand in the patches for this new ROM.

Old Aug 5, 2009 | 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Great...glad to hear it worked.

If you ever figure out that weird IPW issue, let me know. I think I saw it in your log that you posted as well.
Old Aug 5, 2009 | 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

I will for sure, I'm going to give it another round of tweeking this weekend & I'll post another log.

03whitegsr brought up an interesting thought about lean spool, however mine is disabled.
Old Aug 5, 2009 | 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I'm still using lean spool, but lean spool doesn't start until 2500RPM, from what I remember. So, it wouldn't be active in that range.

And, since you don't have it enabled and had the issue, that points to lean spool not being the culprit.

I have adjusted the asynch vs tps table, but this also occurs at constant throttle. I can always try adjusting back if necessary to test, but I assume that yours is at the stock setting. Of course if you are now using my ROM, it is adjusted up some.

Quick Reply: 96530706 + DMA +LiveMap + SD - working