Notices
ECU Flash

Can't edit XML File

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't edit XML File

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Matt/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Matt/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG]Everytime I try and Edit my XML I run into several problems. First it makes me correct a bunch of grammatical errors, and than this comes up...
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Matt/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.jpg[/IMG]

Any ideas?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 02:57 AM
Evolved Member

Administrator /folder privileges... use notepad...

Make sure ecuflash is closed. Open the rommeta data folder, if it won't let you right click / edit / save. Drag the xml file onto the desktop and try it. I had that problem initially. (I don't any longer after going in and altering my folder privileges...)

But seriously just go in and set your folder options in the control panel... problem solved.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like a solid solution, unfortunately I don't know how to do any of that either lol. I went to administrative options, folder options, and frmo what I can tell I have pretty much maximum accesibility as is. But if someone could post up in detail how to change my folder privileges that would be awesome.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

if thats the case - go into the romdata folder and right click the xml you want to edit, the choose edit and it will open in notepad.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by travman
if thats the case - go into the romdata folder and right click the xml you want to edit, the choose edit and it will open in notepad.
Hes running Vista so even if you log as as as admin if the folder privileges have not been changed as outlined above when he opens notepad its running as the equivalent of a regular user. So that won't work either.

Another simpler option is to simply run notepad/whatever xml editor as an administrator. Right click on the notepad icon and select "Run as Administrator" that should work.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

I really think the BS will stop if you set your user permissions for your folder options as high as you can for every category.

Are you Vista 32bit Home or 64 bit? I'm also running a Vista HP laptop and that worked for me.
Figured it might for you, since we're running on similar equipment / OS. Thus my suggestion.