error message when trying to upload maps

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
error message when trying to upload maps

Here is what I am getting:

[17:27:14.046] Using interface FT232R USB UART A8007ba3
[17:27:14.046] interface close
[17:27:14.062] unable to connect to vehicle interface.

I have searched the forum and tried the following: hooking the battery (its a mini) to my charger when I upload, uploading when I have the car running and trying to use EvoScan. I get a similar error message and EvoScan attempts to reconnect over and over.

I assume it my cable??? which is a OpenPort 1.3R Universal USB Cable that I got from Limitless in NZ. Am I SOL?

Thanks for any help in advance!!
Old Jul 24, 2009, 06:47 AM

I should have added that I am currently running version 1.42 of EcuFlash, but I have tried deleting it and installing several older versions. All give me versions of the error message listed above.

Anyone?
Old Jul 24, 2009, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
I havent been able to make the limitless 1.3 cable work either. My guess is its the cable and unless I missed the PM/Email, Hamish hasnt confirmed that he knows there is a problem with them. I got one with 1 wire instead of 3 on the read/write connector so I fixed that and it still didnt work.

If Hamish sees this I am wondering if its a driver conflict?
Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:17 AM

I went back to my tuner and borrowed their cable and my map loaded right up. I compared cables, and the pins are different, so that is the issue. The guys at MAC think that the cable I got from Limitless is the one to NZ/AU spec cars and not USDM compatible. I am glad to have figured out the problem, now I will work on getting Hamish to refund.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 06:06 PM

Latest in the saga, in case it helps anyone else: Hamish got me a new cable (and he did so very quickly, BTW), he swears that my theory of his cable being compatible only with NZ/AU cars is false and that he forgot to set his cable to U.S. car specs. Well, I got the same error as before, when trying the new cable. I continue to email him in the hopes this can get resolved....
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:32 PM

I think it is finally resolved and I hope this info saves someone the multi-week hassle this has been for me

The first problem was that the first cable was not set up properly; Hamish replaced it for free and very quickly.

Second problem was my silly mistake: Turns out I got the 1.3U cable, which only works with EVOSCAN and not with ECUFlash. If you are buying from Limitless and want to use ECUFlash, you have to spend the extra $40 and get the 1.3R cable. This will save you lots of time and tongue lashings from Hamish