Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010 | 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think it would really be necessary. For high elevation it might make some difference, but at lower altitudes...not so much.

If you can find the time in your ultra busy schedule....we will give it a shot though.
Old Jul 13, 2010 | 09:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tephra
looks like you are right...

not sure whats going on there...

i can give you a quick patch so that it runs Load_B&T if you like...
Originally Posted by Appauldd
I don't think it would really be necessary. For high elevation it might make some difference, but at lower altitudes...not so much.

If you can find the time in your ultra busy schedule....we will give it a shot though.
Okay.

Its fine. Its actually easiest/best if the BIGMAP just follow teh 1/2byte load we normally log.

Appauldd, it actually doesnt matter, even at high elevation. As long was you know what load the timing and fuel maps are following and your logging that load, your all good.

Tephra any reason why you didnt make all versions of V7 BIGMAPs just follow 1/2byte? It seems like 9417 is the only one following 1/2byte. Probably would be best if they all followed 1/2byte load, so there wasnt any discrepancy about which load to log.
Old Jul 13, 2010 | 09:52 PM
EvoM Guru

no particular reason - probably more of a ****up on my behalf
Old Jul 14, 2010 | 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by evoredy
mark, please use obd scantech (free) or evoscan to figure out what the code is and post the code. it should easily be fixed or a solution can be provided.

EDIT: i'm thinkin' rear o2 or solenoids.

EDIT2: sorry, i'm not tephra.

Hi mate

thanks a lot for your reply. I found out that 96260009 works good,but I will try the V7 again. soon as I find out what fault codes they are I will post them here.

cheers

mark
Old Jul 14, 2010 | 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

With the right maf and injector scaling ( stft and ltft mid is in +-2% ) and the disabled lean spool up my logged afr shoud so close to AFR values in map ?

What is the disadvantage to run always in Open loop at cruiseing and idle too, turn off the closed loop in the periphery settings ?!

Than my idle and cruiseing afr also will be the same that set in the AFR map ?
Old Jul 14, 2010 | 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Its not necessary to have the AFR MAP match your wideband readings. Very few people set it up that way.
There is no disadvantage to having open loop full time, it allows you to set afr where you want.
Again, the AFR MAP is misleading, the AFR and the AFR MAP will only match if you do extensive adjustments to make it so. There is no advantage to doing it that way. Consider the AFR MAP to be haphazard numbers or letters, or hieroglyphics that are a tool for setting your wideband AFR.
Old Jul 15, 2010 | 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nothere
Its not necessary to have the AFR MAP match your wideband readings. Very few people set it up that way.
There is no disadvantage to having open loop full time, it allows you to set afr where you want.
Again, the AFR MAP is misleading, the AFR and the AFR MAP will only match if you do extensive adjustments to make it so. There is no advantage to doing it that way. Consider the AFR MAP to be haphazard numbers or letters, or hieroglyphics that are a tool for setting your wideband AFR.

Hello, I know it is not necessary to match the afr map the wbo2 readings because I coud compensate it in the AFR map to get what I would like. Example with that formula : NMAFR=DAFR X MAFR / AAFR. The offset between the wbo2 and AFR map is the LTFT mid % ?

In full time open loop what will be the offset ? In the previous closed loop working learned and stored LFTF Mid % only ? Or the maf and injector scaling offset from the " perfect" without any fuel trims compensation ? I think the the ecu will not monitoring the STFT from the front o2 and will not add it to LFTF mid in open loop anymore ?!

If the full time open loop has no any disadvantages why not everyone runing like that ? This method is similiar how the standalones are working ?!

What I really would like with the full time open loop is set my idle and cruiseing afr leaner than 14.7 to 15.7 for better mileage without any wired in wbo2 simulator or wbo2 + closed loop afr control patch. and if it has no any important disadvantages from the closed loop working why not ?

Last edited by VGergo; Jul 15, 2010 at 03:57 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2010 | 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

excuse me for not reading through 129 pages...but what exactly is the problem with the 9417 rom (as suggested in the first and second post)? Will it support SD? It looks like it did, but problems are being fixed?

tia
-charlie
Old Jul 16, 2010 | 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

The problem WAS is with gear based boost control. It has long since been fixed. As of right now, there is not going to be and SD version for 9417. You will have to use 9653.
Old Jul 16, 2010 | 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

somebody for my #1928 post ?
Old Jul 17, 2010 | 10:46 PM

Just sent you money!

2003 EVO 8 Tephra v7.0 Tuned by Visconti Flash @ THESHOPCT

Thanks again!
Old Jul 17, 2010 | 11:20 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Originally Posted by VGergo
With the right maf and injector scaling ( stft and ltft mid is in +-2% ) and the disabled lean spool up my logged afr shoud so close to AFR values in map ?

What is the disadvantage to run always in Open loop at cruiseing and idle too, turn off the closed loop in the periphery settings ?!

Than my idle and cruiseing afr also will be the same that set in the AFR map ?
I tried this. I experimented with different A/F ratios. Never really noticed an improvement in MPG. I did have to do a lot of part-throttle tuning, though. Not worth it, IMO. Unless I was missing something.
Old Jul 18, 2010 | 01:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ViscontiFlash
Just sent you money!

2003 EVO 8 Tephra v7.0 Tuned by Visconti Flash @ THESHOPCT

Thanks again!
Thanks John!

btw did you manage to sort out those odd DTC's for X?
Old Jul 18, 2010 | 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by tephra
Thanks John!

btw did you manage to sort out those odd DTC's for X?
Not yet.

Next week one of the guys is going to drop off the car for the entire day.
Old Jul 18, 2010 | 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
I tried this. I experimented with different A/F ratios. Never really noticed an improvement in MPG. I did have to do a lot of part-throttle tuning, though. Not worth it, IMO. Unless I was missing something.
and coud you log your afr ? Yes that is sure you need a lot of part-throttle tuning.

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7