Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2011 | 02:16 AM
Evolving Member

1) Trying to set up 9055001 v7 can anyone tell me why there is double ups of some maps eg under "tephramod v7" i see baseline wastgate duty and boost desired engine load, however further down under "turbo" i see boost desired engine load 1,2 and 3 as well as max wastegate duty 1,2 and 3

2) Also how is gear based boost control disabled, if wanting to use stock type ecu based boost control?

3) what is redundant maps ( i assumed allmaps/tables below this line were redundant however this cant be right as my injector latency and scaling tables and limits etc. are below this line)

4) there seams to be alot of new maps and tables that few understand (at least that is what i assume as no one can ever answer very basic questions) due to a lack of any explanation. So would greatly appreciate any time taken to answer or explain these features

Pics attached to help explain

Last edited by infini_IV; Oct 22, 2011 at 02:44 AM.
Old Oct 22, 2011 | 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

I don't know all of the answers, but

1 - All of the Tephramod baseline wastgate duty and boost desired engine load tables are 3D and are gear dependent, whereas the stock 2D tables typically rely on a single RPM/vehicle speed crossover value to switch between the tables (for ECU boost control). Which leads me to 2 -

2 - but I don't know how you disable gear dependent boost control or whether you can run the non-Tephramod ECU based boost control on a V7 rom. Maybe if the table is just filled with zeroes?

3 - if you have a look in the xml, you will see a list of tables that are disabled and do not show up in EcuFlash, unless you tick "show invalid tables" - it'll all make sense if you give this a go. All the tables that you mentioned below the Redundant category are actually listed below the Fuel, Turbo, etc categories, and therefore are ok.

4 - some things have taken me time to find in the forums - but surely they do exist as they were developed on this message board (for the most part). https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...implified.html This doesn't answer 2 but at least makes things a bit clearer. It's the best that I've found so far.

Hope that helps! Looking forward to the answer to 2 as well.
Old Oct 22, 2011 | 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HyperDisorder
I don't know all of the answers, but

1 - All of the Tephramod baseline wastgate duty and boost desired engine load tables are 3D and are gear dependent, whereas the stock 2D tables typically rely on a single RPM/vehicle speed crossover value to switch between the tables (for ECU boost control). Which leads me to 2 -

2 - but I don't know how you disable gear dependent boost control or whether you can run the non-Tephramod ECU based boost control on a V7 rom. Maybe if the table is just filled with zeroes?

3 - if you have a look in the xml, you will see a list of tables that are disabled and do not show up in EcuFlash, unless you tick "show invalid tables" - it'll all make sense if you give this a go. All the tables that you mentioned below the Redundant category are actually listed below the Fuel, Turbo, etc categories, and therefore are ok.

4 - some things have taken me time to find in the forums - but surely they do exist as they were developed on this message board (for the most part). https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...implified.html This doesn't answer 2 but at least makes things a bit clearer. It's the best that I've found so far.

Hope that helps! Looking forward to the answer to 2 as well.
Thanks, yeah there doesnt seam to be any definitive answers to this stuff, 99% of the time no one can answer which leads me to think there is a lot of people that also dont know.
Question 1 im stuck on, which set of tables is the ecu going to reference? if not the original tables marked 1,2 and 3 then why not have them hidden under the redundant maps. Then there is gear or ECU based boost how do you utilise one and disable the other?

I have looked at the v7 xml and the only tables listed under the "HIDE all the now redudant maps so users dont get confused " header are the High Octane Ignition Map 1 and Low Octane Ignition Map 2, of course this is part and parcel with my first question why have the W/G duty cycle and BDEL maps twice, if as i suspect the original tables are no longer used why are they not also under the "hide redundant maps"

At this stage i think there is not enough community knowledge/information for it to be used unless your happy to just enter random figures and cross your fingers. Which begs the next question can just the "big maps" portion be ported to my standard 90550001?

Last edited by infini_IV; Oct 22, 2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2011 | 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

The following is fairly definitive. The tephra V7 boost control is load load based just like the stock ROM, if you make the figures in these table the same for each gear, it will operate just like the stock system- with one caveat, this ROM has a minor bug with the WGDC, is runs an additional 5.5% WGDC, tephra has had a look to debug it, as have I ( I'm not in tephra's leauge with assembly, but a good sanity check was done). The V7 will only reference the tephra boost control routine.

You are seeing these extra tables because you still have them in you xml, if you use the attached xml, you will no longer see these unused table, it also corrects for the extra 5.5% WGDC, so the car will now run the WGD you enter
Attached Files
File Type: zip
90550701.zip (9.3 KB, 0 views)
Old Oct 22, 2011 | 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by burgers22
The following is fairly definitive. The tephra V7 boost control is load load based just like the stock ROM, if you make the figures in these table the same for each gear, it will operate just like the stock system- with one caveat, this ROM has a minor bug with the WGDC, is runs an additional 5.5% WGDC, tephra has had a look to debug it, as have I ( I'm not in tephra's leauge with assembly, but a good sanity check was done). The V7 will only reference the tephra boost control routine.

You are seeing these extra tables because you still have them in you xml, if you use the attached xml, you will no longer see these unused table, it also corrects for the extra 5.5% WGDC, so the car will now run the WGD you enter
Thanks for that, that looks a whole lot more complete then mine, just 1 quick question if i may if i use your xml do i still need to keep my original 90550001 xml or is yous a replacement for that as well as including v7 mods? cheers
Old Oct 22, 2011 | 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

It's the full V7 in the style of the other V7s on the first page. It replaces the one you have, you need to change the file extension on your file to txt so ECUflash will use the one I posted. I did most of the map finding using a hex editor, and it seems to be pretty accurate.
Old Oct 22, 2011 | 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

It's the full V7 in the style of the other V7s on the first page. It replaces the one you have, you need to change the file extension on your file to txt so ECUflash will use the one I posted. I did most of the map finding using a hex editor, and it seems to be pretty accurate.
which one needs to be changed to txt i have 2 currently? 90550701 (from tephra) and my original 90550001 plus the new 90550701 you have just given me, or is yours a complete replacement for both my original 90550001 AND the tephra 90550701 meaning i can delete my 90550001 and tephras 90550701 and JUST use your xml
Old Oct 22, 2011 | 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Change both file you have to txt ( keep them as a back up rather than just deleteing) then use mine only, it is a full replacement.
Old Oct 22, 2011 | 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Change both file you have to txt ( keep them as a back up rather than just deleteing) then use mine only, it is a full replacement.
Awesome, i really appreciate the help
Old Oct 29, 2011 | 04:03 PM

any idea when this will be available for 2011 models
Old Oct 29, 2011 | 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pimplay2
any idea when this will be available for 2011 models
This forum section is for Evos I-IX.

See here for the X:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...raxmod-v1.html
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

88570008 + MORE COMING SOON!!! When?
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SkyNight
88570008 + MORE COMING SOON!!! When?
+1 !!!!!
Old Nov 2, 2011 | 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Donate and organise others to donate and it will happen.
Old Nov 4, 2011 | 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Benja
Donate and organise others to donate and it will happen.
I've already done it, I'm waiting....

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7