Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013 | 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AWDBus
Are you sure your just not a little low on fluid? You have a high/low pressure switch. If the low pressure switch is hit, it will cut off the comp till pressure comes back up (usually at idle). Its usually the first sign of a a/c leak. A a/c pressure gauge or just a can of 134a will let you know. But also dont over fill as that will put you past the high pressure switch.

Disregard if this has already been checked.
It has been checked a few times but I plan on paying someone with a machine to do it once and for all to make quadruple sure
Old Sep 26, 2013 | 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

I'm running tephra on my evo 7 rs2, my ecu is a jdm. I want to know if i can run No Lift to Shift function. When my tunner active that, each time i press the clutch pedal it was like if you leave off the gas pedal. Is there something missing on my clutch pedal?? maybe a switch of any other sutff?? Is that function incompatible with my ecu?? or i have to adjust something on clutch pedal??
Old Sep 26, 2013 | 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jhusey
each time i press the clutch pedal it was like if you leave off the gas pedal.
Can you elaborate on this?
Old Sep 26, 2013 | 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

I'm running tephra on my evo 7 rs2, my ecu is a jdm. I want to know if i can run No Lift to Shift function. When my tunner active that, each time i press the clutch pedal it was like if you leave off the gas pedal. Is there something missing on my clutch pedal?? maybe a switch of any other sutff?? Is that function incompatible with my ecu?? or i have to adjust something on clutch pedal??
Originally Posted by Raptord
He's from Peru, I think EDM evos doesn't have dual clutch switchs (only bottom)
edit: Peru isn't in europe ... my bad.

But still, check if your evo has 2 clutch switches.

Last edited by domyz; Sep 27, 2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2013 | 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

I'm running tephra on my evo 7 rs2, my ecu is a jdm. I want to know if i can run No Lift to Shift function. When my tunner active that, each time i press the clutch pedal it was like if you leave off the gas pedal.
Are you talking about at WOT or just driving around normally? At WOT with the NLTS activated when you push in the clutch it should drop rpm almost like you let off the throttle, when your release the clutch it should reengage the accel pedal.

If its doing it just driving around normally then your tps threshold needs to be higher.
Old Sep 27, 2013 | 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

I didnt try it at fast speed, what happened was:

My buddy upload the map with that function activated, then i start the car put first gear, i was driving around 10mph, then i press the clutch to put second gear (still driving slow) and the rpms fall very fast. Then i put my foot on the gas ( i was at 40mph) then repeat the same stuff to put 4th gear and it happens the same.

So i desactivate that function and everything works fine

I didnt try it at fast speed because i had that problem at low rpms

MY buddy activate that function on en evo 8 ecu without problems, he thinks it is because US Evos have the switch on the pedal to turn on the car.
Old Sep 27, 2013 | 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 90zcrex
Are you talking about at WOT or just driving around normally? At WOT with the NLTS activated when you push in the clutch it should drop rpm almost like you let off the throttle, when your release the clutch it should reengage the accel pedal.

If its doing it just driving around normally then your tps threshold needs to be higher.

i will try the tps threshold, thanks !!
Old Sep 27, 2013 | 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

There are 2 clutch switches. The first one is the one used for NLTS, and may or may not be on EDM cars. The 2nd one is for starting the car.

Did you do the garage test? Used a low tps threshold, like 16-20%. Set speed threshold to 0. Then you rev the car in neutral to 3-4k rpm and press the clutch. if the RPM drop by the value in the rpm drop table (800 by default), then your NLTS works correctly. Then you can set it back to ~95% TPS threshold and 15mph speed threshold.
Old Oct 23, 2013 | 04:52 PM

I have the 90552701 v7 for my evo 7. How do I activated SD?
Old Oct 27, 2013 | 10:00 AM

hi, im having problems with bigmaps on my computer. The only thing im looking for in tephramod is the NLTS and launch map.. is it possible to copy paste the definitons for only NLTS and launch map and use the small map ?
Old Oct 27, 2013 | 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by brusinn
hi, im having problems with bigmaps on my computer. The only thing im looking for in tephramod is the NLTS and launch map.. is it possible to copy paste the definitons for only NLTS and launch map and use the small map ?
No you won't be able to do that. The ROM itself is different, not just the definitions.

What's the problem with bigmaps?
Old Oct 27, 2013 | 11:42 AM

No you won't be able to do that. The ROM itself is different, not just the definitions.

What's the problem with bigmaps?
im using big map translator, and when i put the numbers in ecuflash bigmap, everything above 280 in load says INF ;/
Old Oct 27, 2013 | 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Just convert whatever values don't work in the translator yourself. It doesn't take very long.
Old Oct 27, 2013 | 11:51 AM
Former Sponsor

^^ +1

im using big map translator, and when i put the numbers in ecuflash bigmap, everything above 280 in load says INF ;/
IIRC, that means the number is not a value that it can't read. For instance, let's say it's on the timing map, and you put paste in a number that it doesn't recognize, like 100, then it will give you "inf".

I haven't used that program in awhile, but does it use decimal points when translating? Maybe that's your problem. Can you post up a screen shot of the numbers you're trying to paste?
Old Oct 27, 2013 | 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

You could try a older version of tephra (V5), no big maps there

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7