Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2009 | 05:40 AM
EvoM Guru

So basically, one just locates the appropriate scalings in the "scaling_20091012.xml" file and replaces them with the ones here that correspond to his MAP sensor?
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tephra
Sean - Launch mode?

Can you provide a log of said incident?

rpm/load/psi//knocksum/timing/afr/tps if you can
Launch mode is disabled
Valet Mode is disabled
Map switching is disabled (for now)

Will flash the car now with this and do a log while idling and then try to rev it up.
Attached Thumbnails TephraMod V7-untitled-2.jpg  
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 05:41 AM
EvoM Guru

nice job chief!
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SeanV
Launch mode is disabled
Valet Mode is disabled
Map switching is disabled (for now)

Will flash the car now with this and do a log while idling and then try to rev it up.
Not so sure this will help....

AS the car revs up and the misfire starts/relay chattering, Evoscan losses connection and then it re-connects.

anyway file attached
Attached Files
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 06:04 AM
Account Disabled

Good work everyone.
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 06:35 AM
EvoM Guru

WTF - why is evoscan restarting???!?!?

Sean send me the ROM

@gmail.com
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
So basically, one just locates the appropriate scalings in the "scaling_20091012.xml" file and replaces them with the ones here that correspond to his MAP sensor?
All of the MAP sensor scalings will eventually be preloaded in the v7 XML's for you. I will make a thread on what to switch in which tables for anyone switching from the factory LOAD based boost control over to the PSI based boost control. It will be as easy as 1,2,3 when I'm done.

I am working on re-arranging the boost control tables and also graying out the unused tables that are no longer used with v7 so no one accidentally adjusts some of the 'old' tables (to prevent people from pulling their hair out and looking like this ).

Does anyone know the address for "Max Total Downward WGDC Correction" for 96530006??
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 06:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Jamie - yeh im doing the greyed out thingy for the next ROM I post up.

But I still want to keep all the new/modified maps in the tephramod menu...
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

WTF - why is evoscan restarting???!?!?

Sean send me the ROM

@gmail.com

Sent
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Jamie - yeh im doing the greyed out thingy for the next ROM I post up.

But I still want to keep all the new/modified maps in the tephramod menu...
With the separate v7 XML I don't see the need. That section is REDICULOUSLY over filled now and needs some separation IMO. I'll show you my 'idea' before we do anything with it.

Also, is there a separate FUEL CUT LOAD for the standard maps and the alt maps or is there just one? It wouldn't make sense to have just one since one maps will generally have higher loads than the other. Maybe I missed something but it looked like they used the same address?

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Oct 14, 2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 08:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
All of the MAP sensor scalings will eventually be preloaded in the v7 XML's for you. I will make a thread on what to switch in which tables for anyone switching from the factory LOAD based boost control over to the PSI based boost control. It will be as easy as 1,2,3 when I'm done.
Good boy. I prefer pressure (psi) based control, and I'll bet many others will as well.

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
I am working on re-arranging the boost control tables and also graying out the unused tables that are no longer used with v7 so no one accidentally adjusts some of the 'old' tables ...
I vote for graying out or removing anything we don't need to see or alter, for the sake of simplicity and avoiding confusion.
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

I don't know of a trick on how to have a table not show up AT ALL thats inherited from the base or original ROM ID xml but I do know that if I were to add the SAME table to the v7 XML and leave out certain ifo, it will see it as incomplete and gray it out. I'd prefer to hide them completely but IDK of any trick to do that. Anyone else know of a way?

Also, whats te best way to gray them out?

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Oct 14, 2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Any possibilities of adding the adjustable closed loop AFR cruise in to a prepackaged tephra mod?
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 09:49 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by fixem2
FOrgive me if this has been answered. Phenem, when you "disable" bit 11 in FAA I show the ROM with a value of "0". In the spreadsheet that was made a awhile back it shows this is the enable code and disable is "1". Is the spreadsheet incorrect?
There are posts about this all over. You want to disable the CEL, but leave the periphery bit for the system enabled. MrFred has posted a different bit to disable the system.

Originally Posted by SeanV
Sent
Did you try removing power from your ECU to make sure there was nothing latent in memory that could be causing your problem? I believe it is recommended to remove power after a major reflash, especially when switching major rom IDs.

Originally Posted by knochgoon24
Any possibilities of adding the adjustable closed loop AFR cruise in to a prepackaged tephra mod?
I will try to make a version of each of the ROMs when V7 final is released for the IX (as I have with v5.10, etc). I'm not sure that patch is even available for the VIII

Last edited by fostytou; Oct 14, 2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2009 | 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

I haven't looked at any of the XML files posted in this thread, but since I have been working on porting over the DMA/LiveMap to this ROM, I have started organizing the tephramod definitions into the following categories:

TephraMod-V7 (for options and config)
TephraMod-V7 AltMaps
TephraMod-V7 LaunchMaps
TephraMod-V7 Stock Map Replacements

Not sure if this is basically what has already been done, but it helps 'clean up' the organization when viewing in ECUFlash. It separates all of the config/setup tables from the tuning maps.

Eric

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7