Old Oct 18, 2009 | 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

book marking
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Very well I'll do it then and post it.

PHP Code:
    <scaling name="AEM 3.5 BAR MAP" units="kPa" toexpr="x*0.4213-43.1" frexpr="(x+43.1)/0.4213" format="%.1f" min="0" max="400" inc="0.4213" storagetype="uint16" endian="big"/>
    <
scaling name="GM 3 BAR MAP" units="kPa" toexpr="x*0.3014" frexpr="x/0.3014" format="%.1f" min="0" max="350" inc="0.3014" storagetype="uint16" endian="big"/>
    <
scaling name="JDM MAP" units="kPa" toexpr="x/3" frexpr="x*3" format="%.1f" min="0" max="350" inc="0.3333" storagetype="uint16" endian="big"/>
    <
scaling name="Kavlico 5 BAR MAP" units="kPa" toexpr="x*0.6320-64.7" frexpr="(x+64.7)/0.6320" format="%.1f" min="0" max="550" inc="0.632" storagetype="uint16" endian="big"/>
    <
scaling name="OMNI 3 BAR MAP" units="kPa" toexpr="x*0.3074" frexpr="x/0.3074" format="%.1f" min="0" max="350" inc="0.3074" storagetype="uint16" endian="big"/>
    <
scaling name="OMNI 4 BAR MAP" units="kPa" toexpr="x*0.4072" frexpr="x/0.4072" format="%.1f" min="0" max="450" inc="0.4072" storagetype="uint16" endian="big"/> 
Think thats everything added may have missed one :shrug:
These are NOT needed for the NON-SD patch at all and are just clutter. They are only for the SD tables which the regular patch doesn't need. My goal is to have each XML only have the information for THAT specific XML to keep crap out of them we don't need. Once everyone adds any missing tables, I will go thru the XML and put on my sexy Maid outfit and go to town
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

phenem and JOT are you guys going to rewrite the xml for the 88590715 rom to make it as neat as the 96530706 ? Also I'm missing the stupid Alternate WG Duty maps again on the 88590715..can anyone see them?

Last edited by ohhgyeahfasho; Oct 18, 2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ohhgyeahfasho
phenem are you going to rewrite the xml for the 88590715 rom to make it as neat as your 96530706 ? Also I'm missing the stupid Alternate WG Duty maps again on the 88590715..can anyone see them?
I can probably make it match the layout that is currently used in 96530706 for everyone. It's a heck of a lot of work so it'll take me a few days though. Its best if we stick with a certain layout rather than have things totally different in each XML.
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hediki12
Yea you can runfull time open loop. You can do it on a stock rom. All you need are the perifinary tables ifyou don't have them andjust find rite bit.
I do not want full time open loop. Just idle open loop to tune fuel a little rich for cams. Just idle not full time.
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
I can probably make it match the layout that is currently used in 96530706 for everyone. It's a heck of a lot of work so it'll take me a few days though. Its best if we stick with a certain layout rather than have things totally different in each XML.
Oh okay, thanks a lot. Will you be implementing the mrfred direct boost control(psi-based) like on the 96530706? Where you are able choose between 2 values to switch from load-based to psi-based and vise versa. I'm asking because thats the coolest thing ever, makes things very simple for everyone. And I'll be sending my donations to whoever contributed to this. Thanks guys!

And on a side note, under 'Mods' I am seeing Alternate Lo Octane Fuel/Timing, but the values are somewhat messy and all over the place, is this how its supposed to look?

Name:  EVo9rom.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  122.5 KB

And as you can see I have no way of changing my Alt Map WG Duty and BDEL. Can anyone else see them?

Last edited by ohhgyeahfasho; Oct 18, 2009 at 10:38 AM. Reason: NINJA EDIT
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SeanV
Awesome work guys....

I have loaded the latest XML file, as posted this morning, on my car now and it is working perfectly. Thx to everyone involved.

This is the one I am using
Option 4 (v7 + Mods) - Download | Mirror

* Set Immob. HEX to 0x0040 (check to make sure your old ROM was the same)
* mrfred psi based boost implemented as default (just edit Tephra's gear dependant map)
* OBD II Inspection ready for EVAP and EGR
* Disabled EGR, EVAP, and Idle Tests
* Disabled P0300 code
* Disabled lean spool
* mrfred double fuel cut load limit implmeneted and set to 300 load (change to whatever you need this to be, read more)

This may not be the right place to ask this question.... but if someone can steer me in the right direction, it will greatly appreciated.

Currently I am making us of ECU Controlled boost using LOAD to control the boost.

At this point in time, I have a Defi boost sensor wired into the ECU purely to log boost in Bar.

I want to change over to an Omni4Bar map sensor and then use it for PSI Based Boost Control. Well actually BAR Based boost control will be preferred.

A few questions I have....

1.)
Right now I am a bit confused as to what exactly needs to be done.
As I understand, this thread over here how-to: ECU-based direct boost control , and in particualr, with the instructions posted by Tephra in post number 366.
Does ECU Direct Boost Control without per gear boosting?

While the latest XML files posted in this thread, does ECU Direct Boost Control with per gear boosting?

2.)
If this is the case......Will it be possible to change the XML files posted this morning in Option 4....in particular this table "Boost Desired Engine 'PSI' " to display the units in BAR in the table.

There already seems to be scalings for "Bar" in the XML file based on this

3.)
Lastly... When using the latest XML posted here, Is it just a matter of wiring the Omni4 Bar map sensor into the ECU, setup EvoScan to log boost, and then make the changes to this table "== EDIT THE TABLES BELOW FOR LOAD OR PSI BOOST TARGETING ==" to run Per Gear/ PSI Based Boost?

Thx for helping me clear this up.
To run PSI base boost control, the first thing required is to make sure all of the tables in the 'Global Boost Control 'TYPE' section have all been edited to match the PSI settings in the parethesis next to the name of each table. Once they all match the PSI settings, the ECU will now target the map sensor instead of load. (no scaling changes ever need to made in the 'Global Boost Control 'TYPE'' section!)

1. I set the scalings for the JDM MAP Sensor since it's the most common. If you run anything other than that sensor, you need to edit the scalings in any of the BLUE tables involved with boost control.

2. Right-Click on the table you want to edit and choose 'EDIT MAP'

3. Find the Scaling that says 'JDM MAP', click on it and a dropdown list will appear. Choose the appropriate scaling for the MAP Sensor you are using from the dropdown list. Make sure they match whatever scaling type was previously used for the JDM MAP Sensor (i.e; PSIa8,PSIa16 or BoosrErrorPSI).

4. Click 'OK' and move on to the next BLUE table for Boost Control.

5. That's it, now your tables are scaled for whichever MAP Sensor you are running

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Oct 18, 2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by racer135
I do not want full time open loop. Just idle open loop to tune fuel a little rich for cams. Just idle not full time.
Just set your Open Loop Load tables to 0% load in the RPM ranges for idle. Then it will only run in open loop below that RPM.
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

To run PSI base boost control, the first thing required is to make sure all of the tables in the 'Global Boost Control 'TYPE' section have all been edited to match the PSI settings in the parethesis next to the name of each table. Once they all match the PSI settings, the ECU will now target the map sensor instead of load. (no scaling changes ever need to made in the 'Global Boost Control 'TYPE'' section!)

1. I set the scalings for the JDM MAP Sensor since it's the most common. If you run anything other than that sensor, you need to edit the scalings in any of the BLUE tables involved with boost control.

2. Right-Click on the table you want to edit and choose 'EDIT MAP'

3. Find the Scaling that says 'JDM MAP', click on it and a dropdown list will appear. Choose the appropriate scaling for the MAP Sensor you are using from the dropdown list. Make sure they match whatever scaling type was previously used for the JDM MAP Sensor (i.e; PSIa8,PSIa16 or BoosrErrorPSI).

4. Click 'OK' and move on to the next BLUE table for Boost Control.

5. That's it, now your tables are scaled for whichever MAP Sensor you are running
Wow awesome, u guys are the best and have everything covered.

Makes perfect sense now. I think.

One last thing for now......anyway of getting getting the "Boost Desired Engine `PSI`" and "Boost Adder (PSI)" tables to show targeted boost values in "Bar" instead off PSI?

Thx.

Last edited by SeanV; Oct 18, 2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by recompile
Here's the 88590715 ROM with mods applied:

Download

INSTRUCTIONS: Copy all XML files to %Program Files%\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo . No editing needed.

IMPORTANT: If you do not have a JDM MAP, revert all tables in the "MAPSensor" category back to your old ROM's settings. Also, set FEA bit.14 (MAP vs. Baro) to 1.

These are all changes applied to this ROM:
  • Setup for JDM MAP and PSI based boost control (mrfred)
  • WGDC Correction Interval set to 1 (Stock = 10)
  • Max Total Upward WGDC Correction @ 100% TPS set to 0 (Stock = 10)
  • EGR System Disabled (mrfred)
  • Max Timing Retard set to -20 degrees (tephra)
  • FAA bit.10 disabled ("weird unknown" timing pull at cruise)
  • FAA bit.09 disabled (cat-warmup ignition retard)
  • FBA bit.00 disabled (lean spool)
  • FCA bit.09 disabled (EGR Test)
  • OBD Inspection set to Pass all tests (acamus)
  • Rear O2 Heater patch applied (mrfred)
  • Airflow Rate calculation patch applied (mrfred)

Here are all EvoScan data items that are added with this patch (the Lbs/min below is ACTUAL, not estimated, thanks to Airflow rate calc patch):

PHP Code:
        <DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Load1Byte" LogReference="Load1Byte" RequestID="41" Eval="1.2*x" Unit="load" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="270" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="270" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
        <
DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Boost Error" LogReference="BoostError" RequestID="8A" Eval="0.0241*x-3.087" Unit="psi" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="-25" GaugeMax="25" ChartMin="-25" ChartMax="25" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
        <
DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Lbs/min" LogReference="LbsMin" RequestID="46" RequestID2="47" Eval="0.00312*x" Unit="lbs/min" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="10000" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="10000" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />
        <
DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Gear" LogReference="Gear" RequestID="40" Eval="x" Unit="units" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="300" ChartMin="0" ChartMax="300" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="5" Visible="False" /> 
So does this have 3D PSI boost tables? I have 88590715 with the 3D WGDC and BDEL tables in the stock replacement maps section, and my 88590015 is set up for PSI control in the Turbo section. Just wondering which the ROM will use, BDEL or Base Boost #1.
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SeanV

One last thing for now......anyway of getting getting the "Boost Desired Engine `PSI`" and "Boost Adder (PSI)" tables to show targeted boost values in "Bar" instead off PSI?

Thx.
Yeah, that can be added during the next revision. Basically we just need to divide the scaling by 14.7 (atmospheric pressure at sea level).
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JordanS4
So does this have 3D PSI boost tables? I have 88590715 with the 3D WGDC and BDEL tables in the stock replacement maps section, and my 88590015 is set up for PSI control in the Turbo section. Just wondering which the ROM will use, BDEL or Base Boost #1.
Yep, I put two sets of tables in for boost, one scaled for Load and one scaled for PSI. Just use whichever makes sense in your application
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 02:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JordanS4
Once the final versions for all of the v7 XML files are done, they will all have the same layout and will NOT have any tables that are NOT used with that patch. No useless tables to confuse anyone

Also, for anyone adding NEW scalings, be sure the FIRST letter is capitalized so the ECUFlash will organize them in alphabetical order in the XML. This makes it much easier for users to find the appropriate scaling in the dropdown lists. The only 2 I didn't update to capital letters was uint8 and uint16 since they were used SOOOO much in all of the tables already and would have taken eon's to change.

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Oct 18, 2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

"recompile" only max retarding "-20º" for ecu IX? and for VIII?
Old Oct 18, 2009 | 02:26 PM

Will live map be available for 88590715 in a XML pack?

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7