Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2009 | 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
How do I use this ? ? ?
It's pretty simple. You'll need to copy your current timing map onto the top part, and copy the rpm and load cells as well. The bottom part will now show you what your timing map should look like on the BIG Maps tables on EvoScan, so copy and paste. Then moving on to the fuel map, copy your current fuel map. Copy the rpm and load cells, and then at the very bottom of the first chart theres a '1000000' cell which is grey, you will need to copy that and then paste it on the rpm/load cells that you aren't using. Hopefully you understood that lol..
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by recompile
Look at the blobbits tables for Peripheries. And you guys are wrong about immob disable, that would be 0x56D2

Periphery0
0x56DA: Stock
0x58DA: Disable EGR advance, Disable warmup retard

Periphery2
0xEFDF: Stock
0xEDDF: Disable EGR test

Map Fault Trig Max:
4.82: USDM MAP
4.92: JDM MAP
thank you sir! You are correct about the first 2, but I just double checked w/ the JDM map sensor thread and came up w/ this for "Map Fault Trig. VE Max#1":

"Change the "MAP Fault Trig: Mid VE Max #1" value from 4.80 to 4.90."

Just trying to confirm which is correct.

TIA
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Deepnine
The reason is:
The immobilizer bit is wrong defined in most XMLs it is bit3 (4th bit from bottom) not bit2 (3rd bit from bottom).

I changed it on the wiki: http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/Periphery_Configuration
I'm pretty sure Phenem said he already corrected this error is his v7 patched versions. He also added a note in the "Immobilizer HEX" table which tells you the correct hex value to enter in the table depending on your year
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by black E
the immobilizer hex does not show up in either the 96420011 or phenem's 96530706..... at least in my computer.
Read the instructions in the first post guys. It does show up, you have to be in developer mode in ECUFlash. Also in the first post under VERY IMPORTANT it tells you that you have to change the immobilizer hex to match your car for it to work properly. I am not trying to be difficult but ready the post and most of your answers are there.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7597107-post2.html
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ohhgyeahfasho
It's pretty simple. You'll need to copy your current timing map onto the top part, and copy the rpm and load cells as well. The bottom part will now show you what your timing map should look like on the BIG Maps tables on EvoScan, so copy and paste. Then moving on to the fuel map, copy your current fuel map. Copy the rpm and load cells, and then at the very bottom of the first chart theres a '1000000' cell which is grey, you will need to copy that and then paste it on the rpm/load cells that you aren't using. Hopefully you understood that lol..
I think he meant, that when he opens it up, theres only files, and .xml's, no worksheet... Or atleast, that my issue! DL'ed it several times now...
I tried to use the other big map translator, and it didnt exactly interpolate correctly, so spent about an hour last night setting up my big timing map, 1 column at a time... And still not done w/ that map... Still gotta do my fuel too...
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
I'm pretty sure Phenem said he already corrected this error is his v7 patched versions. He also added a note in the "Immobilizer HEX" table which tells you the correct hex value to enter in the table depending on your year
Yeah, I fixed the immob. disable bit in the XML a couple of days ago.
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nonschlont
I think he meant, that when he opens it up, theres only files, and .xml's, no worksheet... Or atleast, that my issue! DL'ed it several times now...
I tried to use the other big map translator, and it didnt exactly interpolate correctly, so spent about an hour last night setting up my big timing map, 1 column at a time... And still not done w/ that map... Still gotta do my fuel too...
Oh really? I never had that problem, I misunderstood his question then. I thought he wanted to know how to use it, the timing part was pretty much straight forward, but the fuel map gave me a headache until I read the stupid instructions that I overlooked. LOL
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ohhgyeahfasho
Oh really? I never had that problem, I misunderstood his question then. I thought he wanted to know how to use it, the timing part was pretty much straight forward, but the fuel map gave me a headache until I read the stupid instructions that I overlooked. LOL
no worries... Im not even sure thats what he meant, but I assumed, since I had my issue, that he was having the same... I open it up, and theres no worksheet, just shows me a bunch of files, etc. I can open the "other" BMT (big map trans.) and it shows me "the worksheet"...

I havent gotten to the fuel map, but Im sure the instructions you posted, will help me out there...
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by phenem
Read the instructions in the first post guys. It does show up, you have to be in developer mode in ECUFlash. Also in the first post under VERY IMPORTANT it tells you that you have to change the immobilizer hex to match your car for it to work properly. I am not trying to be difficult but ready the post and most of your answers are there.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7597107-post2.html

yeah soory about that^^^^
i downloaded the new XML in the first page and now i got it to work.
Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 02:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by nonschlont
no worries... Im not even sure thats what he meant, but I assumed, since I had my issue, that he was having the same... I open it up, and theres no worksheet, just shows me a bunch of files, etc. I can open the "other" BMT (big map trans.) and it shows me "the worksheet"...

I havent gotten to the fuel map, but Im sure the instructions you posted, will help me out there...
Are you using the download in this post:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7597112-post3.html

Do you have Excel 2007?
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 03:19 PM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by tephra

Do you have Excel 2007?
I do and this is what I get when I open up the folder...

Attached Thumbnails TephraMod V7-bigmap.png  
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 03:25 PM

its an excel file not a folder or zipped file.
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra

Do you have Excel 2007?
Yes I have have been DL'ing from your post #3.
I was unaware that I needed to have 2007... Edit: I dont know how I missed the whole 2007 and above... All I saw was BIG MAP TRANSLATOR... lol
I think Im running 2000... Im assuming this is my prob.
It came w/ my microsoft office disc... Is there any way of upgrading excell, w/out having to purchase a new MO?

I get the same thing fast freddie is getting...

Last edited by nonschlont; Oct 19, 2009 at 04:43 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 03:27 PM
EvoM Guru

yeah its not a zip file. so dont rename it...
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

A person could try openoffice.org and see if their excel-type app is capable.

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7