Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2009 | 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mchuang
Out of curiousity, as I have read thru this entire post and did not see it, If I am swapping to this v7 rom, will i just be able to flash and pass emissions like i normally do, or is there anything that needs to be done in the rom in order to pass emissions? I know you guys mentioned this rom does not take emissions in to account so that is why i ask.

Does anyone know for sure regarding this?
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Last I looked at it the code has the ODBII readiness test so its just a matter of will the car pass sniffer with your tune and inspection.
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 04:27 PM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by tephra
yeah its not a zip file. so dont rename it...
I used the other one that you posted that was a word file and just changed the extension on that and it worked fine...
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by the_mork
A person could try openoffice.org and see if their excel-type app is capable.
You can download OpenOffice version 3.1 HERE for free. Their "Calc" program is the equivalent to Microsoft Excel.

Check out Recompiles video tutorial and thread. It's easy as pie. I recommend only making the 'available/not available' sections match the factory settings, don't make ALL tests available, read his thread and you'll see what I mean.

Also, most Emissions Inspection Stations don't physically check emissions on OBD-II compatible cars anymore, they just plug it in and check for codes and stuff. Especially AWD cars at inspection stations with only FWD emissions dyno's
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
You can download OpenOffice version 3.1 HERE for free. Their "Calc" program is the equivalent to Microsoft Excel.

Check out Recompiles video tutorial and thread. It's easy as pie. I recommend only making the 'available/not available' sections match the factory settings, don't make ALL tests available, read his thread and you'll see what I mean.

Also, most Emissions Inspection Stations don't physically check emissions on OBD-II compatible cars anymore, they just plug it in and check for codes and stuff. Especially AWD cars at inspection stations with only FWD emissions dyno's
Thanks man that is what im looking for. I can get an inspection like i use to do for my honda civic back in the day, but im spoiled man, i just love driving up, paying my 39 bucks, let the guy scan and driving off.
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

I have had the same problem with the "Big Map Translator". I have Office 2007. The problem is when I click the link on post #3 it appends the .zip extension to it instead of .xlsx.

To get around this open excel 2007 select file and then open file (control + "o" of you like). Copy and paste the link from the #3 post (right click , select properties and select and copy the URL path) into the "File name" text box in the open file dialog box and click the open button.

Yes someone will chime in on another way to do this...So go ahead LMAO.
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 05:03 PM
EvoM Guru

why is it saving it as a .zip?!?!?

when try on mine it definitley wants to save as a .xlsx
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

so I'm assuming the "drop boost on high knock" activates when you hit your fast CEL count....right?
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 05:12 PM
EvoM Guru

yup high knock
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chmodlf
I have had the same problem with the "Big Map Translator". I have Office 2007. The problem is when I click the link on post #3 it appends the .zip extension to it instead of .xlsx.

To get around this open excel 2007 select file and then open file (control + "o" of you like). Copy and paste the link from the #3 post (right click , select properties and select and copy the URL path) into the "File name" text box in the open file dialog box and click the open button.

Yes someone will chime in on another way to do this...So go ahead LMAO.
why is it saving it as a .zip?!?!?

when try on mine it definitley wants to save as a .xlsx
I had the same issue. Internet Explorer saves a .ZIP file with xml's and stuff. GOOGLE CHROME downloads an XLSX file. I don't know why the difference, but it happens that way every time
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 05:34 PM
EvoM Guru

yeah firefox is fine for me...

IE8 is ok for me too...
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by black E
so I'm assuming the "drop boost on high knock" activates when you hit your fast CEL count....right?
yup high knock
What exactly happens? WGDC drops to 0? Drops by a certain %? I didn't see anywhere to customize how much boost to drop when the threshold is met.
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 05:36 PM
EvoM Guru

yup 0% wgdc.

i didn't feel the need to make it more complicated

hows 88590715 working out for everyone? any problems?
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

yup 0% wgdc.

i didn't feel the need to make it more complicated

hows 88590715 working out for everyone? any problems?
Tried out the Launch Maps last night and is working flawlessly. This morning I tested out the boost by gear on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear (5th is too damn fast to test) and is working flawlessly as well. Now onto testing the pedal map switch, and working on my BIG maps some more. So far, I've had no problems or glitches everything seems to be running nicely. Thanks a lot Tephra and the others that made this possible!
Old Oct 19, 2009 | 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Thanks.....What about the timing maps????

Never mind....just change the min and max scaling on timing to -55 and 55.
To be exact, it should be -61 and 61

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7