Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009 | 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lan_evo_mr9
So, I just finished up doing an "install" lap around the block. Everything is perfect, except for WOT shifts. I have NLTS and Launch Maps disabled to ensure that nothing silly happens while driving. During a WOT shift the car will stumble/misfire/jerk, whatever you want to call it, and then pick up. This only happens for a split second when getting back on the gas(WOT) during/after a shift.
I haven't changed any of my maps or anything else major. I'm wondering if it could be the "WGDC 100% under this load" table or something else new that I haven't really messed with. I have that set to 200 load...anybody else? Other than that issue, which I'm sure is something that I overlooked, the v7 is perfect and flawless. I have to play with the gear boost control a little also. V7 definitely rocks though!
Probably it maybe try 100 or if it's 0 will it default to the WGDC table for when to keep it at 100?
Old Oct 22, 2009 | 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Figured it out...running too rich at peak tq/load, causing overloading fuel in the cylinders, which made the car run too rich from there on. Adjusted fuel and added timing to the big maps and all is well. Be careful with those spreadsheets, not 100% accurate, will need some adjusting.

By adjusting, I mean not very much, but adjusting never the less. Now V7 is absolutely perfect, not going to mess with much else until race season is over. After that, SD time! Can't wait.

Did anyone else have an error on the first attempt at flashing V7? An error message came up saying basically "try again, it will start where this left off". After the second time, it went through without a hitch.
Old Oct 22, 2009 | 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

When using the live map roms MAF based, is everything setup minus stuff in the live map program?
Old Oct 23, 2009 | 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by knochgoon24
So I was comparing my two XMLs (95630006 v5.10 and 96530706 - phenem v7) and I noticed that my "MAF Sensor Filtering" addresses are different.

v5.10 has:
1500 being "Injector Latency Base"
1508 being "MAF Sensor Filtering"

v7 has:
1500 being "Injector Latency Base" AND "MAF Sensor Filtering"

I'm guessing this is an error. 1508 should still be "MAF Sensor Filtering", correct?

I only notice because I'm running a 2g MAF and I'm seeing if porting all the MAF setting over from the DSM roms will make my readings more consistent. My tune is very sensitive to the weather and I think that changing some of the evo MAF correction maps over to 2g MAF correction maps may help. -- But that's for another thread -- on DSMTuners.

Yeah, the correct "MAF Sensor Filtering" address is 1508. I will make sure that it correct before the next revision is launched
Old Oct 23, 2009 | 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Patiently waiting for 88591715
Old Oct 23, 2009 | 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

is this correct? shhouldn't all these amounts be ABOVE not "under" ? also can not see rpm on drop amount only ...
Old Oct 23, 2009 | 10:52 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by tnt1106

is this correct? shhouldn't all these amounts be ABOVE not "under" ? also can not see rpm on drop amount only ...
The last two should be "over" and not under.

This might be silly, but is there a way to add a link to the wiki in the first section (hiddin by default) that shows rom info/etc? Can you just add it to the xml near the top?
Old Oct 23, 2009 | 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Nice find.....amazing the number of little things that can be made better. You all have me going table by table looking for issues now.

Last edited by Appauldd; Oct 23, 2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2009 | 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

FOUND

On the "Thermo Fan Duty - Moving" table the scaling values are in km/h below are the values for MPH.

ON>14 MPH
ON>32 MPH
ON>52 MPH
AC1>14 MPH
AC1>32 MPH
AC1>52 MPH
AC2>14 MPH
AC2>32 MPH
AC2>52 MPH
Old Oct 23, 2009 | 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
The last two should be "over" and not under.

This might be silly, but is there a way to add a link to the wiki in the first section (hiddin by default) that shows rom info/etc? Can you just add it to the xml near the top?
Oops, my bad lol. I added so many descriptions that night, was bound to mess up a few lol. I will make sure they are corrected for the next revision. How is everybody liking the descriptions added to the tables?? I'm a firm believer of answering the questions BEFORE the are asked

I'm not sure about adding a clickable link but its easy to add any text before the "<rom>" line. I will play around with the idea and see what I can come up with. God I want to have this completed already! I'm just as anxious as you guys haha. Just gotta find more time
Old Oct 23, 2009 | 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
FOUND

On the "Thermo Fan Duty - Moving" table the scaling values are in km/h below are the values for MPH.

ON>14 MPH
ON>32 MPH
ON>52 MPH
AC1>14 MPH
AC1>32 MPH
AC1>52 MPH
AC2>14 MPH
AC2>32 MPH
AC2>52 MPH
I will be defaulting all of the scalings to fahrenheit and MPH for the USDM modded versions and will make sure the thermo tables are as well once I add them,lol. I can easily make a metric version of each if its needed. I think most guys know how to choose different scalings by now though
Old Oct 23, 2009 | 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

I think most guys know how to choose different scalings by now though
You would be surprised....lol

And that table is "static X" so the values have to be put in manually.
Old Oct 23, 2009 | 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
How is everybody liking the descriptions added to the tables?? I'm a firm believer of answering the questions BEFORE the are asked
It was a Great Idea! I know it takes a lot of work to get the .xmls all set up nice, just wanted to thank you for all of your efforts!
Old Oct 23, 2009 | 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Oops, my bad lol. I added so many descriptions that night, was bound to mess up a few lol. I will make sure they are corrected for the next revision. How is everybody liking the descriptions added to the tables?? I'm a firm believer of answering the questions BEFORE the are asked

I'm not sure about adding a clickable link but its easy to add any text before the "<rom>" line. I will play around with the idea and see what I can come up with. God I want to have this completed already! I'm just as anxious as you guys haha. Just gotta find more time
How do i fix the rpm drop field? mine says "..." and there is no scaling selected for it.
Old Oct 23, 2009 | 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

How is everybody liking the descriptions added to the tables?? I'm a firm believer of answering the questions BEFORE the are asked
Originally Posted by nonschlont
It was a Great Idea! I know it takes a lot of work to get the .xmls all set up nice, just wanted to thank you for all of your efforts!
Agreed.

Eagerly awaiting fully expanded self-contained XML definition file for 8859X715.

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7