Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2009 | 01:15 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by kaj
i noticed my AFRs are .3-.5 more lean than they were before. i used to be PERFECT. it's weird 'cause i think my wideband said i was just fine. evoscan says otherwise.
and the knock.. oh.. lord i went from having one or two instances of 1-2 counts to 4-8 counts from 3800rpm on up.
i guess i have to retune all over again.

has anyone swapped back to ver 5.x to see if things "go back to normal"?
I have had perfectly matched AFR since upgrading from v5->v6-v7

Originally Posted by D-VO
OK, I'm still having issues with the launch maps, a p0505(Idle control system), and ECU based boost control with V7. It may very well be the solenoid we're using, but I'm just not sure.

When I launch the car I'm only getting 8 psi, however when I simply leave the line without a launch I get normal boost. Upon readjusting the RPM/speed to gear table (tires are 1.7 inches taller than stock), the boost is about 6% lower even with the Main map WGD maxed out at 127.5%. Also, upon swithcing over to the 96530706, I had to adjust the BISS up about 20% for the car to idle properly; now I'm getting a P0505. <-- I'm thinking this one is a dirty ISCV, so I'm going to try to clean that out next. Any ideas? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, Whenever I attempt to adjust 1 byte load so that it won't wrap around, the load value's go up an irrational amount. I'm reading over 408 with only 27 psi. What kind of Gremlin is in this car? I've never had so much trouble.
Just disable the periphery bit, but if you are coming from another rom it can't hurt to do the BISS / SAS adjustment. If you didn't actually lock the ISCV and timing you probably just adjusted the idle way out of range causing the CEL.

If you are logging gear 1 when the boost is lower, then it is mapping for gear 1. I have a feeling when you are slipping the clutch you are snapping to another gear since WGDC changes do not have any effect. Setting the WGDC over 100% will not have any changes above 100%. If you did not properly set your load / boost adder it could also have the same effect (did you log correction or actual WGDC at all)?

Make sure you are adjusting 1 byte load in both evoscan and ecuflash.

Originally Posted by nonschlont
thanks Dave. I opened up the map, but not completely understanding it.
Edit: So its adding 5% @ 35*C. Should I just zero out the 35* cell? Im not even sure if this is normal, or is there something going on here?

Are my IATs high? (didnt log MAF air temp scaled) Last time I logged it, was ~ 114 - 120* Is this high? Can some 1 enlighten/school me...

Wasnt MAF IAT WGDCC in v6 and in the previous version, and it wasnt doing this before. Is this symptoms of another issue?

TIA

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
MAF IAT was in v6 but it was zeroed out. If you think your IAT is high, put a thermometer and check it. Seems normal for a car without a snorkel.

Originally Posted by ohhgyeahfasho
Hmm, is the rpm/speed to gear values thats already on the V7 rom for Evo 9's for a 5 speed? And if not, then does anyone have a rpm/speed to gear values for Evo9 5speed? For some reason when I log 'Gears' in EvoScan it's showing as "Infinite", I gotta look into it more but been busy with school. And also in the Gear '0', do I leave it at the original setting of 2899.78 or just zero it out? As for the MAF IAT WGDCC, I zero'ed it out. Question is, is it really needed? Thanks!
You do NOT want to 0 it out. Follow the simple trend! Max the value so it can't snap to 1st gear. If you are logging gear at idle and it is showing infinity it is because RPM / Speed aka 800/0 IS infinity! If it is showing the same thing while you are moving, make sure you did not replace that MUT value with something else.
Old Nov 1, 2009 | 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou

MAF IAT was in v6 but it was zeroed out. If you think your IAT is high, put a thermometer and check it. Seems normal for a car without a snorkel.
TY

Last edited by nonschlont; Dec 2, 2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2009 | 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

alright i put back the values for MAF IAT WGDCC, it was only changing -1% WGD anyways :P. So now, where and what MUT value supposed to be for Gears? thanks.

Last edited by ohhgyeahfasho; Nov 1, 2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2009 | 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

OK, I'm still having issues with the launch maps, a p0505(Idle control system), and ECU based boost control with V7. It may very well be the solenoid we're using, but I'm just not sure.

When I launch the car I'm only getting 8 psi, however when I simply leave the line without a launch I get normal boost. Upon readjusting the RPM/speed to gear table (tires are 1.7 inches taller than stock), the boost is about 6% lower even with the Main map WGD maxed out at 127.5%. Also, upon swithcing over to the 96530706, I had to adjust the BISS up about 20% for the car to idle properly; now I'm getting a P0505. <-- I'm thinking this one is a dirty ISCV, so I'm going to try to clean that out next. Any ideas? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, Whenever I attempt to adjust 1 byte load so that it won't wrap around, the load value's go up an irrational amount. I'm reading over 408 with only 27 psi. What kind of Gremlin is in this car? I've never had so much trouble.

If you're hitting 408 load...
You need to check to see that Evoscan and ecu flash are both using the same 1byte load multiplier (1.3 comes standard... I run 1.7)

Otherwise sounds like you have a boost leak.
Old Nov 1, 2009 | 03:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by ohhgyeahfasho
alright i put back the values for MAF IAT WGDCC, it was only changing -1% WGD anyways :P. So now, where and what MUT value supposed to be for Gears? thanks.
See post #1
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 12:48 AM
Evolved Member

Just disable the periphery bit, but if you are coming from another rom it can't hurt to do the BISS / SAS adjustment. If you didn't actually lock the ISCV and timing you probably just adjusted the idle way out of range causing the CEL.

If you are logging gear 1 when the boost is lower, then it is mapping for gear 1. I have a feeling when you are slipping the clutch you are snapping to another gear since WGDC changes do not have any effect. Setting the WGDC over 100% will not have any changes above 100%. If you did not properly set your load / boost adder it could also have the same effect (did you log correction or actual WGDC at all)?
OK. I just didn't expect to have to adjust the idle since it was fine in the other ROM. Thanks for that. It would make sense that the load adjustments are off in BDEL, because the 1-byte load has been off all this time. Looks like I made an adjustment according to the wrong load. Now for the p0505, I really can't find anything definitive, but it seems that bit 8 in FCA can be used to enable/disable. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks.

Originally Posted by R/TErnie
If you're hitting 408 load... You need to check to see that Evoscan and ecu flash are both using the same 1byte load multiplier (1.3 comes standard... I run 1.7)

Otherwise sounds like you have a boost leak.
Crap...Thanks bro that was driving me peanut butter banana sandwich. I tightened the wastegate pretty good, and checked everywhere for boost leaks so its not that. Thanks.

Last edited by D-VO; Nov 2, 2009 at 01:12 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

Now for the p0505, I really can't find anything definitive, but it seems that bit 8 in FCA can be used to enable/disable. Can anyone confirm that? Thanks.
Did you see my post?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7672916-post837.html

I had the same problem in my car, no matter how much I adjusted it kept throwing the code, idle is perfect just throws the code. So i disabled the bit and everything was good.
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

any updates on rom 88570008.

sorry for being impatient.....
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tephra
AFR Safety
- REQUIRES WB02 wired upto the rear02
- various thresholds and timers
- will Flash CEL AND/OR Drop boost
Which model of WB o2 we should use?
The genuine NB o2 has 4 wires connector, I have seen only 5 or 6 wires connector for WB o2 sensor.
I think that AFR Safety is a very good failsafe control for SD. If MAP or MAT sensor is damaged there is a failsafe system to keep all under control.
What do you think about this Dave?
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 03:12 PM

Hi Guys, is there any way to log Load Error and WGDC Correction when using V7 and load based boost controll ?
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 03:23 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by SkyNight
Which model of WB o2 we should use?
The genuine NB o2 has 4 wires connector, I have seen only 5 or 6 wires connector for WB o2 sensor.
I think that AFR Safety is a very good failsafe control for SD. If MAP or MAT sensor is damaged there is a failsafe system to keep all under control.
What do you think about this Dave?
You can use any wideband you want... the safety loop is voltage based. Wire count should not matter, you can't just dump the WBO2 on the narrowband harness.

I agree that AFR safety is a good safety measure in any situation. I think we all can since it is in V7.

Is there another question you are asking here?

Originally Posted by dimmuk
Hi Guys, is there any way to log Load Error and WGDC Correction when using V7 and load based boost controll ?
Yup, why wouldn't there be?
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone able to log correct MAT figures w/ V7? If so, give me some advice on what I might be doing incorrectly. I'm using the default Fuel Temp ADC for my GM IAT and didn't have any issues w/ 94170015 before converting
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

I haven't tried logging MAT with v7 yet. I'll give it a try tomorrow to see if it is ok.

Edit: Actually, I take that back...I have been on V7 for a while and MAT logs fine. I just recently went to V7 with bigmaps, but haven't logged MAT with that yet. Have you applied the MAT patch?
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by dimmuk
Yup, why wouldn't there be?

Does not seem to work as "stock"... Shows odd LoadError and WGDC Correction values. I wonder if mrfred's mod https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...trol-mods.html is going to help ?
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by phenem
Did you see my post?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7672916-post837.html

I had the same problem in my car, no matter how much I adjusted it kept throwing the code, idle is perfect just throws the code. So i disabled the bit and everything was good.
Oops! Yeah I missed that one. When I check the thread I usually just go to the last page. Thanks.

I wanted to show everyone my settings to see if you guys can see anything wrong; particularly the settings in the BDEL and WGDC tables. At this point I understand that everything over 100% WGD won't do jack, so ignore that.
Name:  Henrysboostsolenoidsettings.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  88.5 KB
I know the loads and adder for boost control are way off because I didn't change the 2byte to 1byte Load Factor to match the formula in EVOscan. Is there anything else I should change?

Last edited by D-VO; Nov 2, 2009 at 05:50 PM.

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7