Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009 | 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
I haven't tried logging MAT with v7 yet. I'll give it a try tomorrow to see if it is ok.

Edit: Actually, I take that back...I have been on V7 for a while and MAT logs fine. I just recently went to V7 with bigmaps, but haven't logged MAT with that yet. Have you applied the MAT patch?
I've applied Mrfred's 96530006 MAT patched ROM values; see attached image and if possible let me know if your values match mine. When logging I'm seeing values that are much lower than ambient e.g. 18*F in EvoScan and 50*ambient. I'm running the BigMap V7 SD rom for an VIII

EvoScan XML formula that I've been using is:
<DataListItem DataLog="Y" Color="" Display="Manifold Air Temp" LogReference="MAT" RequestID="09" Eval="1.8*x-40" Unit="deg F" MetricEval="" MetricUnit="" ResponseBytes="1" GaugeMin="-40" GaugeMax="300" ChartMin="-40" ChartMax="300" ScalingFactor="1" Notes="" Priority="1" Visible="False" />

Old Nov 2, 2009 | 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Hi guys,
I made a special version of my XLS maps rescaler for V7...I just publish it in the original thread...
I need time to try the V7 on my ECU so the XLS has not been tried already... It should be safe but please proceed carefully!!!! (Yes this is a WARNING ;-)
Hope this help!
Cheers,
C>
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ohhgyeahfasho
Hmm, is the rpm/speed to gear values thats already on the V7 rom for Evo 9's for a 5 speed? And if not, then does anyone have a rpm/speed to gear values for Evo9 5speed? For some reason when I log 'Gears' in EvoScan it's showing as "Infinite", I gotta look into it more but been busy with school. And also in the Gear '0', do I leave it at the original setting of 2899.78 or just zero it out? As for the MAF IAT WGDCC, I zero'ed it out. Question is, is it really needed? Thanks!
heres what Im using for my IX (5 speed). I came up w/ the figures myself while testing out v.6.
Attached Thumbnails TephraMod V7-rpm-speed-gear.png  

Last edited by nonschlont; Nov 2, 2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Creamo3
I've applied Mrfred's 96530006 MAT patched ROM values; see attached image and if possible let me know if your values match mine.
I think I remember reading somewhere that someone was having a similar problem where it starting running richer at colder temps. It turned out that his MAT scaling was off (the part that doesn't show in your screenshot). I think one of the threads with the MAT scaling had incorrect values maybe.

Post the entire table for your MAT scaling and I will check against mine after I do some logging.
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 08:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by dimmuk
Does not seem to work as "stock"... Shows odd LoadError and WGDC Correction values. I wonder if mrfred's mod https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...trol-mods.html is going to help ?
When you follow the directions in that thread, do the original values in patch tables match what I show in my directions, e.g.,

The "Load Error RAM Address" and "Load Error RAM Address in Load Error Table" will both read: 69CA. Change both to 6EE2 (again, you'll need to enter it as 0x....)
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 08:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
I think I remember reading somewhere that someone was having a similar problem where it starting running richer at colder temps. It turned out that his MAT scaling was off (the part that doesn't show in your screenshot). I think one of the threads with the MAT scaling had incorrect values maybe.

Post the entire table for your MAT scaling and I will check against mine after I do some logging.
If the entire table is not copied, that would definitely cause big inaccuracies in MAT readings.
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 08:45 PM

So ive been trying to figure out how to set my rpm/speed to gear values for my 2g dsm fwd. Ive tried logging gear but i only get error messages when trying to review my log. Is there another way to calculate what the values should be?
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

This seems like a silly question, but I thought the 1byte load value (MUT41) was corrected (temp+baro). Is it? In my logs it's looks at least has high as what might be load_raw. Actually, it looks WAY too high -- ~300 on a basically stock evo 8 at 6000' elevation.

I'm using the default scaling factor (1.2).

d
Old Nov 2, 2009 | 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by donour
This seems like a silly question, but I thought the 1byte load value (MUT41) was corrected (temp+baro). Is it? In my logs it's looks at least has high as what might be load_raw. Actually, it looks WAY too high -- ~300 on a basically stock evo 8 at 6000' elevation.

I'm using the default scaling factor (1.2).

d
1byteload follows 2byte load raw
Old Nov 3, 2009 | 12:28 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by clockworktoy
So ive been trying to figure out how to set my rpm/speed to gear values for my 2g dsm fwd. Ive tried logging gear but i only get error messages when trying to review my log. Is there another way to calculate what the values should be?
Log RPM, log speed, divide.
Old Nov 3, 2009 | 01:01 AM
EvoM Guru

See post #1 for pre-setup MUT's for rpm/speed that the ECU sees (and that you can put into my gear table)

remember you want the medium value... as it does deviate a little...

log and you will see what I mean
Old Nov 3, 2009 | 01:24 AM
Account Disabled

GM IAT connected however using dashdaq at the obd2 port shows a few degrees higher IAT than Evoscan's formula. Not sure why.
Old Nov 3, 2009 | 01:42 AM

Ahh i understand now! Thanks for the help.
Old Nov 3, 2009 | 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tephra
See post #1 for pre-setup MUT's for rpm/speed that the ECU sees (and that you can put into my gear table)

remember you want the medium value... as it does deviate a little...

log and you will see what I mean
Would these MUT values be different from your V6 rom ? I ask because now my gear does not log correctly in Evoscan (it did in V6). Although it seems the rpm/speed still logs correctly.
Old Nov 3, 2009 | 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Is there a how-to on adding the new XML to Evoscan?

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7