Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2009 | 05:03 PM

hi guys,
a friend has the 88580014 ROM and i want to use the V7 MOD but i just cant get it to work. I read a previous post where you tephra answere someone saying the 88580714 XML is compatible with 88580014 ROM.
Can anybody please give me some instructions on how to do it??

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by got boost??; Nov 6, 2009 at 05:06 PM.
Old Nov 6, 2009 | 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adammartini
thanks,
i think i have a problem i cant get the tephermod rom into ecuflash i save it to desktop but then it wont come up in ecuflash if i try and unzip file the first part wont open i gives me an err only opens the second part with the words (map? air fuel? noliftshift?....that part) so how can i get this into the ecuflash program?
Depending on how/where you open EcuFlash, you may need to copy the Tephra ROM XML file into the ROM metadata directory:
C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo

also if i ever want to sell my car can i put the ecu back to stock with this program?
Yes, or an appropriate stock ROM (assuming ROM matches level of mods).

Seriously, you need to do a lot more reading & research (e.g. start by reading the links others have posted above). For example, you will need to download your current ROM first so you 1). have the correct Immobilizer code to paste into any new ROMS, and 2). have a copy of your ROM for flashing back into your car at a later date, if desired.
Old Nov 6, 2009 | 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by got boost??
hi guys,
a friend has the 88580014 ROM and i want to use the V7 MOD but i just cant get it to work. I read a previous post where you tephra answere someone saying the 88580714 XML is compatible with 88580014 ROM.
Can anybody please give me some instructions on how to do it??

Thanks a lot.
This isn't a simple 10 second answer, you'll need to do some additional reading.

But, for starters, you'll need to copy the immobilizer code from your original ROM into the Tephra ROM, and also likely retune all your fuel and timing maps (or run the Big Map translator spreadsheet, https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7597112-post3.html, on your original ROM values to at least get you in the right ballpark).

It would also help if you elaborated exactly what you can't get to work.
Old Nov 6, 2009 | 05:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by baylorar
I updated the Fuel map, timing map, immobilizer code, injector scaling/voltage to be exactly (or interpolated in the case of fuel and timing maps) what they were in my previously tuned map and when I flash the tephra mod, the car can't hold idle.
It starts, but just dies. (I can keep it going by giving it gas, but takes a fair amount of pressing on the accelerator to get it to stay running). When the car was having problems, it also threw a 'speed sensor malfunction' CEL. The Tephra Mod options I have enabled (value of 1) are 'Flash CEL on Knock' and 'Enable Airflow Calcs.' The rest are zeroed.

I've also changed Periphery2 FCA bit 08 to 0 (D-VO mentioned he was having idling problems so I thought that was worth a shot) and had the same result with the car not being able to idle.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for the help.
Have to bump this again. Someone's gotta know!
(I used the 88590715 rom)
I suggest maybe taking a log with EvoScan and posting it up here for others to analyze.
Old Nov 6, 2009 | 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nothere
are you sure your car is rich?

bucking and sputtering sounds lean rather than rich. But I assume you have a wideband and its working right.

When you did the big maps and set the scale of your injectors did everything look good?
Yeap, AEM wideband is being logged
Old Nov 6, 2009 | 07:25 PM
EvoM Guru

post a log

including fuel trims (idle and cruise)
Old Nov 6, 2009 | 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

how much would i have to pay someone to take me step by step with this
Old Nov 6, 2009 | 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Have to bump this again. Someone's gotta know!
(I used the 88590715 rom)
I corrected the issue on an 05' with BISS. Now I have no trouble idling, but I still have a warm-up issue.
Old Nov 6, 2009 | 08:43 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

how much would i have to pay someone to take me step by step with this
i went back to 5.1. i don't have the time/patience to deal with the issues right now. LOL

and no way do i have the time/energy to go through this whole, entire thread to find all the corrections/adjustments i need to make.

do i need to do "this" for my car? do i need to worry about "that"? so much to grasp. i've been trying to keep up... but the more i learn.. the more comes up and i get farther behind. rough stuff, for sure.

i've found ver 7 to be more "techie". i don't need all that stuff. 5.1 works GREAT for all i do. stock car with basic bolt-ons.
Old Nov 6, 2009 | 08:54 PM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by kaj
i went back to 5.1. i don't have the time/patience to deal with the issues right now. LOL

and no way do i have the time/energy to go through this whole, entire thread to find all the corrections/adjustments i need to make.

do i need to do "this" for my car? do i need to worry about "that"? so much to grasp. i've been trying to keep up... but the more i learn.. the more comes up and i get farther behind. rough stuff, for sure.

i've found ver 7 to be more "techie". i don't need all that stuff. 5.1 works GREAT for all i do. stock car with basic bolt-ons.
I can kinda see your point of view... for a relative Ecuflash/evoscan newb switching to the V7 it can be a bit overwhelming getting everything set up and run smoothly... especially if you have no clue what is causing your car to do what it is doing, and don't know what maps or physical adjustments to make...
Old Nov 6, 2009 | 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

I felt the same way for a long time. Now that I made the switch, I am glad I did. Yeah the learning curve is a vertical line, but it is so worth it.

You are right though, v7 does take a lot of getting used to. There is a lot going on and to learn it all is very time consuming. V5.10 works wonderfully. As you develop more tuning skill and gain better understanding of the various tables, make the switch to v7.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tephra
post a log

including fuel trims (idle and cruise)
I will tomorrow. Don't have the tuning laptop with me and I'm away from home
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Is there any new tables in V7 for temperature correction as far as fueling goes?
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 11:27 AM
EvoM Community Team

I guess I'm really confused by all of the troubles people are having. I think the switch to V7 is the easiest yet! All you have to do is copy XML into your directory, copy your immobilizer code over, and flash. If you have to copy any tables that means you have been in ECUFlash before and should probably have some kind of grasp of whats going on.
Old Nov 7, 2009 | 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

I was thinking that there is a need of another setup for AFR SAFETY: "AFR Safety RPM"
This variable is needed to keep a lean AFR in LOW RPM.
Example: if you want to run 12:1 (lean) up to 5000 rpm and 11:1 over 5000 rpm, in this way it does not work.
But if you use "AFR Safety RPM" it will function!

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7