Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009 | 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by todd6027
Same here whats with this ?? address is 3e252 for scaling in def it says (none)
NLTS drop rpm is a separate issue, discussed I think in the first 10 pages. IIRC all you have to do is edit that part of the xml and put the correct address in (or something to that effect).
Old Nov 17, 2009 | 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
200 may very well be too high.

Your BCS will not do anything up to that load point, then it will activate (and if set over this load go to 100% else go to defined boost control). Load is deliniated with a % symbol everywhere in the program, so yes... 200% means 200 load.
Well.. I changed my "WGDC=100 under this load" to 170 and it seems that boost oscilations went away! Now the car feels less "peppy", but much more controllable under part-throttle conditions. Thats what I always needed for winter AX-ing and road racing.

I will do some more logging to make sure everything is fine.

Thank you very much, nothere, fostytou.

Old Nov 17, 2009 | 09:17 AM
Evolving Member

Tephra,

Please contact me, I tried to send you a PM but your box is full, as I am sure you are aware. It is important.

Thank you.
Old Nov 17, 2009 | 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by linuxman51
NLTS drop rpm is a separate issue, discussed I think in the first 10 pages. IIRC all you have to do is edit that part of the xml and put the correct address in (or something to that effect).
cheers for that
Old Nov 17, 2009 | 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

If the fuel pump routine was the same in the 96530006 as the 94170015 it would be alot nicer starting the engine.
Old Nov 17, 2009 | 03:09 PM

I'd like to try one of the Tephra ROMs on my ECU.
Which do you think I should try?

I have a GTA with 80700010, I don't have the auto box anymore. Is this similar to the 8000 Evo9 ECUs? It is 512k, I don't mind experimenting - any suggestions either v5.10 or v7.
Old Nov 17, 2009 | 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
Both of these "should" do the same thing, but you may be causing some weird funkiness by having the ratio the same for both gears. It might be trying to "snap" to both. Just make the 0 column the same as 1. I personally prefer to have 0 similar to 1 but have 100% wgdc around my launch RPM.
OK. I really haven't noticed anything strange when using this method(blown head gasket doesn't count ).

Since your on here answering questions 2000x over , I thought I'd give you a kinda sorta new one. Using the ECU based boost control, TV7, the Grimmspeed boost solenoid, and the previously mentioned settings, along with logging rpm and speed to set the "RPM/Speed to Gear" table, I'm still getting a strange issue with 4th and 5th gears involving the solenoid seemingly shutting off (drops to 12 psi). However, if I run through all the gears such as in a drag race, the boost holds just fine in 4th and 5th. Is there anything else I should be looking at before condeming the BCS?

BTW: When you say similar do you mean higher or lower or does it really matter in your experience?

Last edited by D-VO; Nov 17, 2009 at 11:35 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 12:10 AM

I don't know if anyone noticed but the xml's provided in the phenem zip files are the older xmls that don't include the MAP scaling for ecu based boost control (don't have GM and omni scalings on the drop down menu). I noticed this tonight trying to scale my boost control tables to my gm 3 bar sensor. The regular tephra zip file has the correct and latest xml.
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SeanV
I am using the "Option 4 96530706 (v7 + Mods)" on my EDM Evo8, which originally had 96530006 on.

I made use of the Big Map Translator spreadsheet to convert my timing values over to the big maps, and they look spot on compared to my small maps.

But I am seeing the same problem as Boosted GP when logging timing during a WOT 3rd gear pull.
Up to load 110 or so, the timing values are pretty much spot on, thereafter the logged values are reading 3-5 degree's higher that what is in the ignition map. This continues right up till red line.

Timing fuelling and boost are spot on to what I use to log with the small maps, it is only the timing which seems to be off.

When I get my laptop back, I can post up the map tracer/logs and ROM file if needed.

Does anyone else have the same issue and is there a fix for it?

Thx.
Does anyone have a fix for this?
Bumparoo...

Anybody have any ideas/suggestions what might the cause of the problem.

Thx

does this happen only during accelerations? if so perhaps the math used by the processor is rigged to the original map. Since we are seeing view points the ecu doesn't recognize there may be inconsistencies. Then once the dramatic acceleration is done the ecu can use the new timing from the new larger map.
Yup only seems to happen under acceleration above a certain load.
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

SeanV,

is this only during accelerations?
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nothere
SeanV,

is this only during accelerations?
Yup....... from about load site 100-120 onwards, when doing a WOT 3rd gear log.
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 07:32 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by D-VO
OK. I really haven't noticed anything strange when using this method(blown head gasket doesn't count ).

Since your on here answering questions 2000x over , I thought I'd give you a kinda sorta new one. Using the ECU based boost control, TV7, the Grimmspeed boost solenoid, and the previously mentioned settings, along with logging rpm and speed to set the "RPM/Speed to Gear" table, I'm still getting a strange issue with 4th and 5th gears involving the solenoid seemingly shutting off (drops to 12 psi). However, if I run through all the gears such as in a drag race, the boost holds just fine in 4th and 5th. Is there anything else I should be looking at before condeming the BCS?

BTW: When you say similar do you mean higher or lower or does it really matter in your experience?
Are you achieving your min load for boost control? Are you spiking so far over your curve near spool that WGDC correction lowers boost to a point where it cannot recover because there are no positive corrections in the top of the error corrections table or not enough time to enact them?

By similar I mean the same other than the 100% at your 2-step, if it is snapping back and forth between them for some reason you would want the WGDCs to be the same so that they provided the same control. Hopefully there is not enough clutch slippage at 5500RPM for it to still register as gear 0 (literally, this number should be infinity but since that is not an option set it as high as you can).
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by clockworktoy
I don't know if anyone noticed but the xml's provided in the phenem zip files are the older xmls that don't include the MAP scaling for ecu based boost control (don't have GM and omni scalings on the drop down menu). I noticed this tonight trying to scale my boost control tables to my gm 3 bar sensor. The regular tephra zip file has the correct and latest xml.
Download the zip file again, the XML that is included in the new zip file has all needed scalings. If you are missing something then you either are doing it wrong or don't need to do that for the 9653 ROM ID.
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Is it alright for the ROM info to say: 2007 TDM EvoIX 6MT

I understand that it's ROM 88590715 but mine is a USDM 5 speed..

The ECU Internal ID is also different where byte position b3 shows hex 07 vs my original 00. Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2009 | 04:51 PM
EvoM Guru

yeah thats fine.

just adjust the gear/ratio table for the 5 speed

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7