Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2009 | 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Copy over you Decel Fuel Cut tables from your stock rom to the new one. Also copy over the stock ISCV setting over to the new one.

These should solve your stall issue.
Applauldd, do you have the decel xml for 964200011? I dont have it so I couldn't compare it. I thought I found it but it doesnt look right when I open the table.

Heres the xml I found.

Code:
<table name="Decel Fuel Cut Delay - Neutral A/C Off" category="Fuel" address="42bc" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
<table name="Load" address="675e" type="Y Axis" elements="7" scaling="Load"/>
</table>

<table name="Decel Fuel Cut Delay - In Gear A/C Off" category="Fuel" address="42ca" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
</table>

<table name="Decel Fuel Cut Delay - Neutral A/C On" category="Fuel" address="42d8" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
</table>

<table name="Decel Fuel Cut Delay - In Gear A/C On" category="Fuel" address="42e6" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
</table>
Attached Images  
Old Dec 21, 2009 | 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rdtech
Applauldd, do you have the decel xml for 964200011? I dont have it so I couldn't compare it. I thought I found it but it doesnt look right when I open the table.

Heres the xml I found.

Code:
<table name="Decel Fuel Cut Delay - Neutral A/C Off" category="Fuel" address="42bc" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
</table>

<table name="Decel Fuel Cut Delay - In Gear A/C Off" category="Fuel" address="42ca" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
</table>

<table name="Decel Fuel Cut Delay - Neutral A/C On" category="Fuel" address="42d8" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
</table>

<table name="Decel Fuel Cut Delay - In Gear A/C On" category="Fuel" address="42e6" type="2D" level="2" scaling="uint8">
</table>
I havent been able to find the exactly correct either. But the right side is correct and thats the side "we" zero out to help eliminate throttle hang. Also since the right side is correct, you can edit it.

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Dec 21, 2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2009 | 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Change the load address to 686e

You don't have to make the entire table =0. just lower the last 2 cells

Last edited by Appauldd; Dec 21, 2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2009 | 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Change the load address to 686e

You don't have to make the entire table =0. just lower the last 2 cells
Thanks for the address.

EDIT- still wrong

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Dec 21, 2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2009 | 02:59 AM

how do i add xml to one of these V7 roms?

i want to add direct boost control to 8858?
Old Dec 22, 2009 | 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rolly1818

C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo\

It should be something similar to this. Open the file that corresponds to your hex file(8858xxxxxx) with notepad and copy/paste in the xml at the end before </rom>.
Old Dec 22, 2009 | 06:06 PM

C:\Program Files\OpenECU\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo\

It should be something similar to this. Open the file that corresponds to your hex file(8858xxxxxx) with notepad and copy/paste in the xml at the end before </rom>.
yeah thats how u normally do it, but with the V7 rom its all bogus??
Old Dec 22, 2009 | 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

i have been unable to edit anything to this rom as well... Then I noticed I couldnt edit any rom, w/ any .xml I had... What a huge clusterfk that was... But in the end the fix was easy, as the "path" that ecuflash was looking thru (listed on right hand side once u pull up a rom), had changed... So check that!
I ended up searching thru the comp. to locate any random files (had a few), and deleted them (and pretty sure I actually got them all this time) as it took much longer to install... then reinstalled a fresh version, and have been reediting the stock .xml from scratch. :P

I think Im gonna wait for JOT to finish up w/ the .xmls for the IX rom, before I try
v7 again.
Old Dec 22, 2009 | 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

yeah thats how u normally do it, but with the V7 rom its all bogus??
Oh yeah. I just drop the xml file inside that folder and it works
Old Dec 22, 2009 | 08:25 PM

Oh yeah. I just drop the xml file inside that folder and it works
will try it, thanks!

if not i will just post the xml for direct boost and one of the other members who are better can put it in.
Old Dec 22, 2009 | 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

will try it, thanks!

if not i will just post the xml for direct boost and one of the other members who are better can put it in.
that'll work.

You should modify the xml that you are going to drop into that folder with the xml boost table definition.
Old Dec 22, 2009 | 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

you guys have jdm evo ix map with the tephra mod v7?
Old Dec 25, 2009 | 05:22 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by phenem
Yeah, I fixed the post, it got all messed up with spaces and stuff...should be good now.

The changes that were made were the following:

BOTH SD AND MAF:
Added the following XML and changed the bit to 0, per mrfred.

Code:
<table name="EGR System Enable/Disable" category="Other ECU Options" address="103d" type="1D" level="2" scaling="uint8"/>
Changed Periphery2 (FCA) bit 15 to 0 (last bit) to disable EGR completely and codes.

JUST SD:
Changed these tables to fix the throttle hang on decel issue, top is stock, bottom is zeroed out:

You don't want/need to change the periphery for this ROM. Really, it disables something else and the code for the EGR stuff isn't even in the VIII rom! If you really really want to make sure it is disabled use the other bit that mrfred posted and leave the periphery alone!

Originally Posted by nonschlont
i have been unable to edit anything to this rom as well... Then I noticed I couldnt edit any rom, w/ any .xml I had... What a huge clusterfk that was... But in the end the fix was easy, as the "path" that ecuflash was looking thru (listed on right hand side once u pull up a rom), had changed... So check that!
I ended up searching thru the comp. to locate any random files (had a few), and deleted them (and pretty sure I actually got them all this time) as it took much longer to install... then reinstalled a fresh version, and have been reediting the stock .xml from scratch. :P

I think Im gonna wait for JOT to finish up w/ the .xmls for the IX rom, before I try
v7 again.
Just add any xml you need to add to the romid_mods.xml file. Next time you open ecuflash it will show up.... just like always.
Old Dec 25, 2009 | 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fostytou
You don't want/need to change the periphery for this ROM. Really, it disables something else and the code for the EGR stuff isn't even in the VIII rom! If you really really want to make sure it is disabled use the other bit that mrfred posted and leave the periphery alone!
Fosty, I thought the same thing but when I made the change mrfred makes, which is what I posted, my car threw a EGR check code! I was like WTF, I didn't think 9653 had EGR at all?

So I changed Periphery2 (FCA) bit 15 to 0 (last bit) to disable EGR completely and codes. If I don't do that it throws a check engine light?

I just wanted to fix that so others that run the 9653 ROM when they change mrfred's bit they would get check engine lights as well. I updated my ROM to reflect both changes, I just wanted to let others know of the update so they didn't have to re-download and transfer all the tables over again.
Old Dec 25, 2009 | 08:58 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

nm. my tuner answered the question for me

Last edited by kaj; Dec 26, 2009 at 06:37 PM.

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7