Notices
ECU Flash

What can I, David Buschur, do to help?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2009, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep going at it Dave. Sometimes when people dislike what you do, you are doing the right thing.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Well David, since you aren't a dissasmebler, I would go with R/TErnies suggestion about reporting what could possibly be improved, most of us have other full time jobs that don't include making fast cars for a living. In the end everyone benefits...
Old Oct 17, 2009, 04:26 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur

The fact is I do want to know what can I do. The comments from travman, 0xdead and even project skyline pissed me off but I am asking, IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO TO FURTHER HELP THE STOCK ECU STUFF ALONG?
Provide more useful input to the ecuflash forums if you choose to use the work that comes from this place. It was about a year ago that we were fighting comments from people like you about how the stock ecu sucks. That is part of my discontent.

Try to be less argumentative with your comments. I am argumentative as well and that is why we don't get along. If somebody has something to say such as "the buschur double pumper is not the best option in this application" then roll with it and don't take offence to it.

So you are running the new ID2000's. How about sharing your experiences with them such as the latency values you have noticed with them etc. Have you put them in a stock ecu? If so what are the latencies and scaling for them? You mentioned some incompatibility with some fuels on them, again please share. We have a big thread with injector size and scaling that you can add that information to. I will find it and post it up for you later.

How about when somebody is having a tuning issue, since you are a good tuner as you put it (and I belive you are) helping them out from time to time.

How about sharing data about the AFR you target for on different fuels such as VP Import, E85, E98, pump gas, or just regullar sunoco purple/blue.

You have a dyno and sometimes we like to have things tested but don't have access to one. Would you open up your resources to obtain parts and test things if you were asked? That would be benificial.

Does this sound fair?

Last edited by 0xDEAD; Oct 17, 2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
David....Just offer to help those of us whom have not been tuning our entire lives. We all can teach and learn fron eachother.

There is no need to get offended about what other people say on an internet forum. Frankly, who cares what other people think? Your reputation of being difficult is once again rearing its ugly head and isn't necessary.

Simply put, I say help where you can and do so as much as you can. You can get more bees with honey than with vinagar.

Paul
Old Oct 17, 2009, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 0xDEAD
Provide more useful input to the ecuflash forums if you choose to use the work that comes from this place. It was about a year ago that we were fighting comments from people like you about how the stock ecu sucks. That is part of my discontent.
Try to be less argumentative with your comments. I am argumentative as well and that is why we don't get along. If somebody has something to say such as "the buschur double pumper is not the best option in this application" then roll with it and don't take offence to it.
So you are running the new ID2000's. How about sharing your experiences with them such as the latency values you have noticed with them etc. Have you put them in a stock ecu? If so what are the latencies and scaling for them? You mentioned some incompatibility with some fuels on them, again please share. We have a big thread with injector size and scaling that you can add that information to. I will find it and post it up for you later.
How about when somebody is having a tuning issue, since you are a good tuner as you put it (and I belive you are) helping them out from time to time.
How about sharing data about the AFR you target for on different fuels such as VP Import, E85, E98, pump gas, or just regullar sunoco purple/blue.
You have a dyno and sometimes we like to have things tested but don't have access to one. Would you open up your resources to obtain parts and test things if you were asked? That would be benificial.
Does this sound fair?
My question was what can I do to help. It was not what can I change about my personality to make "you" like me more. I will continue to defend our products if and when it is needed or my reputation. As I said to someone in PM's tonight. You will find a lot of posts about someone thinking I am arrogant or a dick head but you will not find a post about how I or anyone who works for me has ever ripped someone off, lied to them, stole from them or did anything that wasn't honorable. Yes, I'm stubborn, aggressive and won't back down from a fight...........that has nothing to do with the bottom line, what a customer gets from us for his money.

On to your other suggestions. Latencies come in the box with the injectors, very nice instructions. I have only used them in the AEM and Haltech, I used what came in the box and it worked perfect. No useful information for the stock ECU for me to share other than what's on the paper.

The fuels, I already posted that the ID2000's can't be used with Q16 or Import because the internal seal swells and greatly restricts flow. Not sure if I need to post it in multiple places but it's in every thread I have going about those injectors on 2 forums.

I do not scan the forums to be honest looking for problems unless it has a BR tag on it, like a part. You have to understand the amount of hours I spend on line a day as it is and the other work load I have. IF someone sends me a PM asking about ECU flash I ALWAYS help them if I can. I do this on ECUFLASH ONLY because the community around that is so strong and helpful. I do NOT do this on an AEM, Haltech, Power FC or anything else. AFR's vary so there is no set answer, I wish it were that simple and if it someone says it is then he/she is not really a very good tuner. You can't tell someone, set the AFR's at 11.5:1 on pump and 12.5:1 on race fuel. Also, everyone has their comfort point. I like to target mid 11's most of the time on pump and 12:1 on race and that is aggressive for a customer to leave with. Each place you push a tune further, timing, fuel, mivec, it takes away a little more margin of safety. This is not to blow my horn but an example, Tim, Eric, Jeff and Brian, built the cars at the shop. All four of them ran 9's, very low 10's on pump gas. Everyone said no way those cars would hold up at 550 whp on 93 octane for long. EVERYONE of those guys have beat the crap out of their cars for 2 years now, have up to nearly 30,000 miles on one of them and not ONE of them have had an engine/head failure of ANY kind, none, zero. I left them safe but still got the goals of 9's accomplished and they stay safe. So for me to recommend XX AFR it will cause an arguement and put me in that place you don't like, argueing back.

As for using the dyno to test something, sure I'd do that if it is something useful to ECU flash. I can't buy parts and just randomly test them but I'm always up to testing something new that we can use/sell.

Right now I am in the process of installing a Vi-PEC, thanks to crcain hooking me up with the company and Ray Hall. They sent the ECU to me to test and give some feedback on. I'll do a full review on it once it's installed, looking forward to that. I can't however do this ECU testing if it means my company buying 5, $2,000+ ECU's just to try out.

Hope this clears some things up.

BTW, did you get the point I was trying to make in the other thread about sometimes there being a massive change between two cels in some people's maps? I've seen a cel change 5+ degrees and being that the stock ECU/MAF can move around considerably on load it's easy to move just enough to grab that cel and mess up a perfectly good dyno test. Know what I mean or have you not seen it happen?
Old Oct 17, 2009, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

BTW, red03evo, interesting you chimed in Your car gained about 20 whp switching from the stock ECU/MAF to the AEM but all of it was up top over about 6,000 rpm if I remember right. I think final numbers were 490 on pump gas.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 0xDEAD

Does this sound fair?
You cannot expect a tuner to reveal all of his secrets though.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

appauld, appreciate the input and I feel I do help out a lot around here. I'm fairly confident there isn't another company who has provided more testing than I have, I could be wrong. I get a lot of PM's daily that I answer for nothing but tech and do help out where/when I can on here.

Again, this wasn't a thread asking how to improve my personality, it's about as good as it's going to get. Unfortunately. haha
Old Oct 17, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Chris, honestly, I could write a book about it and it wouldn't do any good. Tuning for me atleast, isn't something you can learn from a book or reading. Yes, some people can learn the software and how to use the tool but tuning is feeling the car, listening to the car and watching the dyno along with the datalogs. It's hard to explain it all, just like telling someone to just run XX AFR or XX timing, both are impossible.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Again, this wasn't a thread asking how to improve my personality, it's about as good as it's going to get. Unfortunately. haha
If you do ask that, I'm fairly sure EvoM will collapse under the traffic
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Chris, honestly, I could write a book about it and it wouldn't do any good. Tuning for me atleast, isn't something you can learn from a book or reading. Yes, some people can learn the software and how to use the tool but tuning is feeling the car, listening to the car and watching the dyno along with the datalogs. It's hard to explain it all, just like telling someone to just run XX AFR or XX timing, both are impossible.
I know what you mean, and agree. You already do a huge amount for the evo world. Theres always going to be haters of something good.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

"Settings records and educating others so they can start their own business and claim to be experts since 1989'

Lol, I just now saw this.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Dave who cares there's a reason why me and mike and many other people run your motors and hold recoreds with them no what I say. Let it rock and keep doing what your doing cause it works.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:23 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
While I agree with Aaron for the most part, I have to point out one nagging point.

I think most of your problems have been because you let your emotions get the best of you on the boards. I think you're an intelligent guy with a lot of experience to share. I really think you should stick to that. You've been great for the last year. I honestly don't think posts like this help your reputation. I know you're defending yourself, but come on man. Just let it slide. I know I'd respect you a lot more if you did.

What can you do to help? Keep running your shop at a superior level, keep contributing where you can, and keep your frustrations under control. I know others poke and prod you, but I think these boards would be a better place if it started with you.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 06:25 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I don't think that's true. I think you've improved quite a bit in the last few years. Just keep doing what you're doing without the emotions.

Quick Reply: What can I, David Buschur, do to help?