Notices
ECU Flash

What can I, David Buschur, do to help?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2009, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its like this, If someone wants to tune their own car and that person is motivated they can obviously figure it out using this forum. I did!!

Obviously posting a maf rescaling how-to or a drag suspension 101 can be done without spilling so called "secrets". Guidelines can be given in order for noobs to find what works for them without wasting time with things that don't work.

Anyway he asked what he could do so I gave my 2 cents if you don't like oh well.

Also, whether or not he tells people how to do things or not it is not gonna take money out of his pocket. People have buschur racing do their work because they lack the expertise, time, tools, space, etc to do it themselves not because they can't figure it out. People do business with certain shops because of reputation, quality of work, and customer service. If those 3 things are met consistently then they will always stay in business and grow. Secrets DO NOT keep people in business. They actually can cause them to fail more often than not.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Secrets DO NOT keep people in business. They actually can cause them to fail more often than not. "

Curious how many businesses you started, own and or run? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But some of your statements are a little unrealistic. If David won't give you all the data you need, you can probably talk another shop into revealing all and posting it up? No? Nothing wrong with anyone buying all their own parts, doing their own work and learning to tune on their own. But asking anyone to show you for free and saying it won't have any impact on that persons business is a little off.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Not to take away from this thread...but:

I can post pictures of the maps I use, the parts I use, answer the questions on how to make it work...and still not give away any secrets.

For instance-

Scaling injectors, I can give numbers but it doesnt do any good unless you do it my way.

SD, Doesnt matter if your combo isnt reasonably close to mine.

There is a big difference between DATA and KNOWLEDGE and I think it is often blurred or the point is missed and people go on thinking they are the same thing.

Last edited by JohnBradley; Nov 1, 2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 08:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Not to take away from this thread...but:

I can post pictures of the maps I use, the parts I use, answer the questions on how to make it work...and still not give away any secrets.

For instance-

Scaling injectors, I can give numbers but it doesnt do any good unless you do it my way.

SD, Doesnt matter if your combo isnt reasonably close to mine.

There is a big difference between DATA and KNOWLEDGE and I think it is often blurred or the point is missed and people go on thinking they are the same thing.
+1

Also on my personal ways of doing things, so many times we run all of our own tests on products, parts and ideas that have already been tested by others only to find out how different our results are.

Take the information that is available here, do your own testing and learning and form your own educated conclusions on how to achieve the best results in what you are trying to accomplish.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Early EVO
"Secrets DO NOT keep people in business. They actually can cause them to fail more often than not. "

Curious how many businesses you started, own and or run? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But some of your statements are a little unrealistic. If David won't give you all the data you need, you can probably talk another shop into revealing all and posting it up? No? Nothing wrong with anyone buying all their own parts, doing their own work and learning to tune on their own. But asking anyone to show you for free and saying it won't have any impact on that persons business is a little off.
I am not looking for anyones' "secrets". I'm just making conversation, he did ask and this is a forum.

Also I started a performance shop years ago and its doing quite well. Its all about the customer service kid. There are no secrets in drag racing its just a lot of math, physics, and luck.

Like you said though "everyone is entitled to their own opinion".
Old Nov 2, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by C130flyer
I am not looking for anyones' "secrets". I'm just making conversation, he did ask and this is a forum.

Also I started a performance shop years ago and its doing quite well. Its all about the customer service kid. There are no secrets in drag racing its just a lot of math, physics, and luck.

Like you said though "everyone is entitled to their own opinion".
If I could buy the last one I'd never lose
Old Nov 3, 2009, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
If I could buy the last one I'd never lose
ROFL

ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!