Notices
ECU Flash

What can I, David Buschur, do to help?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
What can I, David Buschur, do to help?

I'm pissed off quite honestly, which doesn't take much.

Another hot thread on the forums had me called out by 0xdead and travman. Projectskyline, couldn't tell if your post was a shot but you can tell me if it is, I'd like to know.

0xdead, I am quite familar with the term interpolation and what it means, your comment was ignorant.

This is travmans post:

"funny not to long ago you slammed the stock ecu - now your an expert? hmm where oh where is that quote about not recommending running anything bigger than 650's on a stock ecu
what do u want to be the pot or the kettle??
or just the guy that comes around ecuflash forum as a newb to get all the info he needs to become an "expert", gives nothing back in return to the opensource community except a thanks and a quit exit out the back door and pretends he is now an "expert"?"

This post really pisses me off. That's why I am here.

I have continued to give thanks to the guys who put the hard work into disassembly of the EVO ROM's so tuner like myself have an outstanding product to use and work with. I've started threads on the matter of thanks as a matter of fact. I've bought product from evo4mad, donated my EVOX ECU to him to use, paid multiple times for downloads of new versions when they are actually free after the first one. I have also sent in a donation to Tephra. I have provided information to Jack of Trades for his dyno simulation. ANYTHING anyone has asked me to do I have gladly done to help.

I don't know the first thing about computer code so I'm not sure what travman expects me to do.

For you travman, there are tuners and computer guru's, you are obviously a computer guru, if you'd like a tuning competition I am up for that. I'm not expert on how the stock ECU disassembly works but I've been a tuning expert for quite some time. Just having good software to do the job with is all I needed. I'd say that's proof from the results I've had in what, 6 months? My lack of attempting the stock ECU and relying on someone else to tune them was the biggest problem.

So, for those of you working hard, tell me what I can do for the community, I've stepped up each time I've been asked for something and would gladly contribute something if it's needed. I don't know crap about reading hex code or disassembly, so I don't know exactly what the travman wants from me. I think to be honest he's just a big PITA and want so run his mouth, but if that's not the case and there is something else I can do, just ask.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You can help by stop making posts and keep on tuning cars.

You honestly shouldn't get your panties in a bunch over what people say on the internet. Let it go.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't what they did to get ya angry...hope it works out. But I will definently be there soon, as I hear nothing but the absolute best comes from this shop. I just moved to Ohio and there are literally people off the street that come and stare at my car and ask me if I've been to Buschurs yet. Good luck sir and I'll see you soon!

personal_golf
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems the ECUFLASH groupies are out to terrorize people this weekend.. I dont know what the deal is..

Mike
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
David,

I can only speak for myself so bear with me. Back in the day (lets say late 93/94) I had my first experience with a 1G. It was a 7 bolt/4 bolt and lasted for about 5 months before it was done. I think products like the HKS fuel defenser saw to that. Needing something and someone in America to deal with my friend that actually owned the car looked to you to provide some parts when we put it back together. We got a good deal, good tech and were happy. I have been on some of the old boards for a LONG time and know a lot of the history out there between you and other OGs. I kept to myself and ignored it for the most part.

Fast forward a few years and we have interlopers like the guy that owned the White Evo stirring the pot and causing hate and discontent. I was just getting started in the business side of the industry at that time and I will admit I got pulled into it and was not your #1 fan. Your side against everyone else. In recent times you have made an effort to not just change who you are but look at things like the stock ECU that you had dismissed previously. Cheers to self improvement.

In this time I decided I had been immature and really hadnt given you a fair shake so I watched, listened, and took things you had said whether positive or negative and weighed them out. I see a lot of what we do in things you do or have already done. We like to test, we race, we have our "family" of customers/employees/rivals, we play hard and like to tell others what we do.

Then I answer the phone all day. It became obvious that when I got people calling for free tech which I was willing to give, people that want my opinion, and then they argue with me about what I tell them, that the attitude change was inevitable. I decided much like you did (maybe sooner, I dont know) that I had to keep the things that drove me nuts apart from who I was lest I become someone I didnt want to be.

The other day we had a problem on our 1G racecar. Jeff called, talked to Nick, and we thought it was gonna be the end of it. You had nothing to gain by helping us, we had been part of the White Evo BS, we werent necessarily going to buy anything, why would you really?

But you did. You got me on the phone (though I didnt have much voice...stupid cold), asked to talk to Jeff and talked for 20 minutes about the charging problems and noise issues. It dawned on me right then that all the things I "knew" about you were preconcieved ideas and like anyone else you deserve the benefit of the doubt. I had been unfair to you for the last few years because it was the "hip" thing to do.

I am not *** kissing nor am I asking anyone else in this forum or elsewhere to change their ideas of who Dave Buschur is. You asked what you can do, why these guys want to keep bringing up the past, etc. I cant talk for them, but to me if you continue to share what you know and what you learn thats giving back. Keep doing what you're doing. In the end sometimes a tune is only about what car its on, but if you see something weird/interesting/or a revelation share it. We all know that maps we post are more or less useless unless we own the car you tuned. Thats why I share for the most part, I know that I am not really giving anything away.

You'll pardon the novel I wrote, but since I cant talk I figured typing will let it all out. Have fun and for what its worth, please note there are a few less haters/people that wouldnt give you the time of day now out in WA.

Thanks

aaron
Old Oct 17, 2009, 02:59 PM

Its kinda strange you made this thread, I was thinking the same thing this morning when I was reading the Map ex mani thread... I was thinking to myself , Jesus christ, everyone is just lettin Dave have it these last couple days. Everybody has a hard-on for ya/ shop.. I wonder what woulda happened if the internet never was.......... If I was you David, I'd just turn my computers off for a few days.... I know its hard to not swing back sometimes.....
Old Oct 17, 2009, 03:04 PM

David,

You have to remember, there are a certain percentage of *******s on planet earth at all time. You cannot be all thing to everyone, so just ignore the *******s and call it a day.

Personally, I have nothing but good things to say about you and your company and the way you bent over backwards tuning my pain in the *** car.

The thing is an absolute blast!!!
Old Oct 17, 2009, 03:07 PM

Let it go........less stress and less $$ on anti-hypertension meds
Old Oct 17, 2009, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Well thanks guys I sure appreciate the kind supportive comments.

The fact is I do want to know what can I do. The comments from travman, 0xdead and even project skyline pissed me off but I am asking, IS THERE SOMETHING I CAN DO TO FURTHER HELP THE STOCK ECU STUFF ALONG?

I personally don't know of anything, if I did I'd do it. I'm a tuner and not to blow my own horn but I think a damn good one. I am not however a computer engineer or software programmer, that I know nothing about. That's what pisses me off about travman's rediculous paragraph. Some of use write the programs, some of us tune and make them go fast, I'm the later of the two.

BTW, John, I was pretty surprised to get that call last week. Was glad to try to help out, Jeff seemed like a cool polite guy. It's funny to hear what you said about how the industry changes you, it happens to just about everyone. It's hard to stay nice when you are being used.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

cali3mdevo8, I don't take meds, I find something a kill it. haha Now that's good therapy!

legendary, glad to hear you are happy as hell with the car, you have to thank someone else though too, I got help from Jester Tuning.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Dave,
On the part of what you can do. Install the newest EcuFlash software and find bugs or issues with the program and report them. Suggest or ask for certain tables to improve the functionality of the tuning software. That makes the software better and the driveability of a high horsepower Evo amazing. Since you tune a lot of cars that come into your shop you'll have a SIGNIFICANT amount of feedback for people like Tephra, Mr. Fred, Jcsbanks, JoT, etc. Something that they can't do... generate copious amounts of feedback.

I spend my days at work driving new calibrations, finding driveability/performance issues, reporting them, and then finding solutions. It makes a big difference when you're talking to Simulink Engineers about how their functionality needs to change in order to make the vehicle perform how it should.

-Eric
Old Oct 17, 2009, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks R/Ternie, appreciate that.

It's funny because posting problems makes me feel like a burden to be honest and like I am either complaining or just asking for more help. Last week I downloaded 1.42, this was after the newest update. Tons of trouble. I aborted and went back to 1.41. I'll give it a shot again next week and report what I find, I hope it's taken as being helpful and not looking for handouts for help.

Thank you for the suggestion.
Old Oct 17, 2009, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Im just going to go ahead and say that what you have done as a person regardless Of the industry leaves no one the right to bad mouth you. I mean really, the things you have accomplished are dreams of litterally thousands of people. I think jealousy and the need to feel like they have the talent, and know how to be greater then someone who has changed the way things are done drive people to have a grudge. I honestly think sometime these people can't sleep at night because they are held up over stuff they should ultimately be thankful for. Im going to go ahead and thank you myself for what you have done for everyone on this forum and every DSM/mitsu owner on earth. So thank you, and remember some people get there cake and eat it, others get it then complain that the guy next to him has a bigger one. Who lives the better life?
Old Oct 17, 2009, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Post up why 1.42 is a burden... I'm sure there are at least 50 other Evom Ecuflash users that are running into the same issue.

Those programmers are always forgetting the mundane details.

Old Oct 17, 2009, 03:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scumrat
Im just going to go ahead and say that what you have done as a person regardless Of the industry leaves no one the right to bad mouth you. I mean really, the things you have accomplished are dreams of litterally thousands of people. I think jealousy and the need to feel like they have the talent, and know how to be greater then someone who has changed the way things are done drive people to have a grudge. I honestly think sometime these people can't sleep at night because they are held up over stuff they should ultimately be thankful for. Im going to go ahead and thank you myself for what you have done for everyone on this forum and every DSM/mitsu owner on earth. So thank you, and remember some people get there cake and eat it, others get it then complain that the guy next to him has a bigger one. Who lives the better life?
I have to agree.. I think dave should list AMBIEN on the the BR website for those losing sleep over his success over the years..

Mike

Quick Reply: What can I, David Buschur, do to help?