Notices
ECU Flash

MAF scaling or injector scaling/latency

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2010, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure what you mean? Car was tuned o hit 11.7 and tapper to 11.2. After crusing for a few weeks LTFT have risen to 12 and 9 for low and mid so now my afr hits 10s at WOT
Old Jan 8, 2010, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MR White
JohnBradley,
Have you ever used latency on stock injectors to correct low and mid LTFTs? I am running stock injectors with an open cone filter and my LTFT's are pegging at 12 and 9 for low and mid.
Stock settings are rarely messed with. In your case you changed the flow characteristics of the MAF. In my opinion, you need to build a heat shield that protects the cone filter from engine heat and fan air blowing over it. Also, depending on the type of cone you use...the MAF readings will be greatly affected.

I've tried several different filters and the one that gave me the best result is the Vibrant filter with the internal cone and external filter areas. The MAF readings are as good as they were when they were stock.

Adding the heat shield also helped as well.

Since the days are getting colder your LTFTs will be affected. If the car is still running well then I would wait for warmer weather and then retune if necessary.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

I just keep going back to an old thread I saw where nj2166 kept having issues with LTFT affecting his afr even when he was on stock airbox with drop in. He fixed his issue through rescaling his stock injectors. He suggested using latency to correct also. Adding latency to make to make the car richer during closed loop so that ltft decrease and have less effect on wot. Another suggestion is rescaling maf but I am
hesitant after reading this thread
Old Jan 8, 2010, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It never hurts to try rescaling the injectors. If it does not work...just re-flash back to stock values again. Then try something else.
Old Jan 8, 2010, 09:26 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
If your LTFT affecting your WOT tune is your only issue you should lower your mid -> high transition points. There have been a couple of threads on this recently.

It looks like you could lower your scaling by ~9% and just be fine (for now, until the weather changes), but I suspect thats not all there is to it (since you have messed with your MAF settings).
Old Jan 8, 2010, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

I haven't scaled maf yet, was debating on doing that or latency to fix LTFT. I like that hz idea but kind of want more testing before going that route. I mean isn't there a reason car came from factory with the hz crossover set? Ugh just don't know the right answer. If I adjust injector scaling or latency I have to readjust when te weather changes again?
Old Jan 8, 2010, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MR White
...I mean isn't there a reason car came from factory with the hz crossover set?...
Most likely to account for any degredations in components like injectors, air filters, etc, affecting WOT AFR values.

But since we already monitor things like AFR with a wideband and want more consistent AFR from pull to pull, I think changing the crossover point to a lower number makes a ton of sense.