Notices
ECU Flash

scaling and latency for Bosch 1600cc on pump gas?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2009, 03:01 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
scaling and latency for Bosch 1600cc on pump gas?

Does anyone have a good set of injector scaling and latency values for Bosch (FIC) 1600 cc/min injectors on pump gas?
Old Nov 12, 2009, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Mrfred start at post #548... Aaron gives the run down on trying to run the FIC 1600s on pump gas...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ectors-37.html
Old Nov 12, 2009, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
mrfred, are you referring to the 1650cc "BlueMax" injectors, or the older Ford 1600s (the older injectors were particularly bad at low pulsewidths)?

Either way, you might want to take a peek at this thread. (You've probably already seen it, but just in case...)
Old Nov 12, 2009, 05:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Thanks guys. I'm doing an SD tune for a guy running pump gas with the old Bosch 1600s. The car was was originally running these injectors with a MAFT setup, and there are no logs from that setup, so I'm working in the dark. I've got the car idling at ~1000 rpm with the scaling and latency values from the MAFT tune, but the idle trim is going pretty strongly negative. Trying to determine if I need to mess with scaling and/or latency, or fiddle with the SD VE tables. Hard to say when I've got no logs from the MAFT tune. That's why I was hoping there were some known scaling and latency values out there. Seems not though.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 05:51 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Doesn't matter, the MAFT is pretty far off anyways. I had one in my evo ecu'd DSM. Your best bet is to just throw a stock evo MAF in the car and try to get the injectors to cooperate on the trims and do your best to calculate the Kpa table.

Good luck though, those injectors are known to be a *****. Just when you think you got it the weather changes 10 deg, or a cooling fan kicks on and they are swinging wildly to the other side of the trims.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 05:52 PM
Account Disabled

Also there are two versions (two colors) of that injector when searching for latencies.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 06:10 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by 0xDEAD
Doesn't matter, the MAFT is pretty far off anyways. I had one in my evo ecu'd DSM. Your best bet is to just throw a stock evo MAF in the car and try to get the injectors to cooperate on the trims and do your best to calculate the Kpa table.

Good luck though, those injectors are known to be a *****. Just when you think you got it the weather changes 10 deg, or a cooling fan kicks on and they are swinging wildly to the other side of the trims.
Yeah, looked at the option of sticking on a stock MAF, but the turbo is pretty far from the stock location. The only way to get it two work would be to fashion some sort of extension tube between the MAF and the compressor inlet. Perhaps it could be done, or perhaps I should try to convince him to switch to a more modern injector.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 06:14 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
Thanks guys. I'm doing an SD tune for a guy running pump gas with the old Bosch 1600s. The car was was originally running these injectors with a MAFT setup, and there are no logs from that setup, so I'm working in the dark. I've got the car idling at ~1000 rpm with the scaling and latency values from the MAFT tune, but the idle trim is going pretty strongly negative. Trying to determine if I need to mess with scaling and/or latency, or fiddle with the SD VE tables. Hard to say when I've got no logs from the MAFT tune. That's why I was hoping there were some known scaling and latency values out there. Seems not though.
I hope this is being done in person. I think you are wasting your time if doing this through email.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 06:31 PM
Account Disabled

You already know my feelings on injectors mrfred, no need to beat a dead horse. I hope you aren't working on this car via email, like TTP said. Those 1600's have no business being on a street car. It just isn't going to happen. If you do get it running its going to be your fault when the car stalls when the AC is turned on. Or it stalls when the alternator kicks on. Or it has a dead spot transitioning back into the gas after coasting. Or it stalls when the power steering pump loads the car down in a parking lot. Or it stalls when the owner powers all 4 windows up while blasting Neil Diamond admiring his unbuttoned polo and manly chest hair.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Dan... you are a funny ****...
Old Nov 12, 2009, 08:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by 0xDEAD
You already know my feelings on injectors mrfred, no need to beat a dead horse. I hope you aren't working on this car via email, like TTP said. Those 1600's have no business being on a street car. It just isn't going to happen. If you do get it running its going to be your fault when the car stalls when the AC is turned on. Or it stalls when the alternator kicks on. Or it has a dead spot transitioning back into the gas after coasting. Or it stalls when the power steering pump loads the car down in a parking lot. Or it stalls when the owner powers all 4 windows up while blasting Neil Diamond admiring his unbuttoned polo and manly chest hair.
This is dsm25psi's 770 whp Evo, so it does actually need 1600 cc injectors for pump gas. Just not the best choice of injectors, but I've already suggested getting something more modern. Re: email - Everyone needs a challenge. :-)

EDIT: Just to be clear on the email thing, I told him from the beginning that I wouldn't do the power tuning by email. I'm just setting up SD and planning to dial in the off-boost tune.

Last edited by mrfred; Nov 12, 2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 09:51 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
This is dsm25psi's 770 whp Evo, so it does actually need 1600 cc injectors for pump gas. Just not the best choice of injectors, but I've already suggested getting something more modern. Re: email - Everyone needs a challenge. :-)

EDIT: Just to be clear on the email thing, I told him from the beginning that I wouldn't do the power tuning by email. I'm just setting up SD and planning to dial in the off-boost tune.
Best of luck with that. I have turned down several people wanting this done domestic and international through email. I am not wasting my time doing this through email. Maybe for $1500.00 I will consider it.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Aaron has the map, he doesnt share it though. He was actually using the 1680 (Ford 160#) injectors when he did it.

Scaling will be 1300-1400
Latency close to whats listed on the injector rehab site
OPEN LOOP ONLY, no O2 feedback
Use SD like its fuel control
Old Nov 27, 2009, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
I hope this is being done in person. I think you are wasting your time if doing this through email.
Actually the plan of attack has changed for this car. Motion Lab Tuning in Charlotte, NC has now taken over on the project due to proximity. MrFred forwarded over his defs for the ROM already (thanks mychalio for your cooperation).

Tim's Evo is now running nicely (on E85) and will be at Bikini's tonight in the University area. Scheduled to tune on Tuesday this coming week. I know the owner is excited to get this beast back in his hands. Only a matter of time now

Todd
Old Nov 27, 2009, 01:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by tmarcel
Actually the plan of attack has changed for this car. Motion Lab Tuning in Charlotte, NC has now taken over on the project due to proximity. MrFred forwarded over his defs for the ROM already (thanks mychalio for your cooperation).

Tim's Evo is now running nicely (on E85) and will be at Bikini's tonight in the University area. Scheduled to tune on Tuesday this coming week. I know the owner is excited to get this beast back in his hands. Only a matter of time now

Todd
Todd, when you get a chance, please email your latest tune for Tim's car to me. I just worked out a fix for one of the few issues with the SD conversion.