Notices
ECU Flash

How much timing for Evo 8 Peak

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by l2r99gst
If you can tune with DSMLink, you can tune with ECUFlash. There isn't any magic going on here.
ya ive tuned my evo before, but im saying ive never got into all the technical aspects of the ecuflash settings for evo roms. Theres so much stuff. I only know the basics... which is enough to get it going, but when it comes to raw commands and stuff i don't know any.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by l2r99gst
Any knock will retard timing. And you can't distinguish between the two simply by looking at knock voltage.
Thanks for clearing that up. I have that annoying tip in knock and I was hoping this would provide a little insight, but I haven't had a chance to look at it. Before, I tried to pull a good bit of timing and the knock went away but not without robbing me of midrange power and spool. I have a fresh start with this tune so I was hoping to find a better solution this time around.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:37 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
ive never really full out tuned my car so i dont know all those tricks. im afraid to tune my car myself with anything over 400whp because its to dangerous , and i figure if i go somewhere with a dyno i may as well pay someone more experienced than me to do it. I used to beable to tune the dsmlink nice but im half ***'ed when it comes to the evo

I almost bought your purple 2g years ago, infact i visited your site and almost **** when i seen you were the same guy with that ams 2g... small world.
Crazy small world, its for sale again by the new owner for only $6k. I'm tempted, but I need to buy a house first.

/OT, sorry!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tscompusa
the op's asking what your timing maps set to not your actual logging of timing
Those values are what it's set to, not logged values. I tend to push the edge of timing in some areas, mostly where turbo efficiency starts to drop off drastically to try and make up for it. I also do my own tuning work.