Notices
ECU Flash

Yet another ecuflash connection prob...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2010, 02:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yet another ecuflash connection prob...

Alright before the bashing starts here are the things I tried from what I gathered searching...

1) Made sure the tactrix 1.3u cable was connected to obd2 port and white plug connected...
2) Installed jumper cables to the battery and insured 13.x volts to the battery...
3) Used Malibujacks unlocker v1.1...
4) Tried using ECUFLASH 1.34 with no sucess...

Now the problem...I'm trying to flash a friends evo ix that he recently purchased used. The only luck that I've been having is using the unlocker with either 1.34 or 1.42. Going this route allows ecuflash to connect, then download but after it's done I get a prompt stating that the rom is an unidenified rom. Then only allowing me create a new rom. If I cancel the prompt, I have a only the rom info to the left of the ecuflash program...From the looks of it the ecu has been flashed because the factory two step has been set at 56xx rpm. Anything besides what I've tried will help thanks....
Old Jan 25, 2010, 03:22 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Do you know if the car is runing ecutek?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 06:37 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by o.e.boost
Alright before the bashing starts here are the things I tried from what I gathered searching...

1) Made sure the tactrix 1.3u cable was connected to obd2 port and white plug connected...
2) Installed jumper cables to the battery and insured 13.x volts to the battery...
3) Used Malibujacks unlocker v1.1...
4) Tried using ECUFLASH 1.34 with no sucess...

Now the problem...I'm trying to flash a friends evo ix that he recently purchased used. The only luck that I've been having is using the unlocker with either 1.34 or 1.42. Going this route allows ecuflash to connect, then download but after it's done I get a prompt stating that the rom is an unidenified rom. Then only allowing me create a new rom. If I cancel the prompt, I have a only the rom info to the left of the ecuflash program...From the looks of it the ecu has been flashed because the factory two step has been set at 56xx rpm. Anything besides what I've tried will help thanks....
You are on the right track. Either it has been flashed with a vendor style (ecutek, accessport) rom or with a V6/v7 rom. Look up the info on here on how to find the romID with a hex editor (or just look at the romID from the information panel) and answer your question/post it up.