Notices
ECU Flash

USB to Serial Windows 7 64 bit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes admin and yes before evoscan is opened but even if evoscan is on it recognises it. i havent bothered checking if the system see's the cable when plugged into the other usb port, maybe like you were saying com port evoscan is looking for is then changed.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 04:10 PM
LCS
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Guys, I solved my problem. My gauge was set to P1 because I find it easier to think in lambda. I was thinking on why Evoscan would always show blinking zeroes on WDB field and decided to set the gauge to P0. Guess what? Now it works with all three notebooks I tried and with both Prolific cables I have, each cable with a different driver.

Might be a problem on how Evoscan parses the data it reads from COM port.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by veszett
yes admin and yes before evoscan is opened but even if evoscan is on it recognises it. i havent bothered checking if the system see's the cable when plugged into the other usb port, maybe like you were saying com port evoscan is looking for is then changed.
Yeah that happened to me on my first laptop since it had the USBs in the same position so I would sometimes plug them into diff ports. On the new one the USBs are on different sides so its easy to remember which one to plug it into.

Originally Posted by LCS
Guys, I solved my problem. My gauge was set to P1 because I find it easier to think in lambda. I was thinking on why Evoscan would always show blinking zeroes on WDB field and decided to set the gauge to P0. Guess what? Now it works with all three notebooks I tried and with both Prolific cables I have, each cable with a different driver.

Might be a problem on how Evoscan parses the data it reads from COM port.
Great glad you got that figured out.