Notices
ECU Flash

Fuel maps don't line up?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Seijuro,

Just in case you missed my comment, your findings are most likely due to lean spool. Do you have that enabled? Your AFRMAP compared to your mapped values are exactly in line with the leanspool mappings.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Seijuro
That's what I suspected, thanks for clearing it up.

It raises another question for me though. MUT02 and MUT03 are used for 2Byte RPM. Similarly MUT04 and MUT05 are used for 2Byte Airflow.

Are there any cells in the MUT that basically aren't used? Or will I just need to give up one thing to log another?

Better yet because I'd rather know how to fish than eat a fish, where would I find all the uses of the MUT currently?
http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/MUT_Requests
Old Mar 1, 2010, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Not a hijack because this is exactly what I'm talking about.

The question now is, what "load" are you logging?
I have no other choice but eculod with my current ecu. The timing map seems to follow it precislyy since when e ee I adjust timing for knock it reflects my changes fine. But my fuel map is a different story
Old Mar 1, 2010, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fostytou
Reading dude, its an amazing thing.

Place the corresponding hex location in the MUT location you want, point evoscan at the first of the two bytes, and change the evoscan request to look at that MUT location with a 2 byte response.
Please understand my questions are not for lack of reading. The information is out there, I don't deny that. Finding that information is something else entirely. There isn't really a great repository where this information is inclusive, comprehensible, and intuitively query-able.

If you have already gone down this path and gathered all the answers, I would encourage you to create such a repository for the sake of the community.

I would be happy to do it myself, but I'm still in the learning process.

Thank you however for your concise explanation on how to bring the data to the MUT table, and subsequently how to configure EvoScan to then retrieve it. I have not (yet) found that anywhere else, so at least it exists here now.

Prior to this thread I'd read references to the "MUT table" plenty of times before, but I did not see definitions to questions like "What is the MUT table?" and "What purpose does the MUT table serve?"

I have a better grasp on those things now.

FWIW I still don't know what the MUT acronym actually stands for, although I have a feeling the phrase MUT table is redundant much like the phrase ATM Machine.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by donour
Thank you sir!

I found this page before, and actually left it up in a tab. It didn't "click" for me that it was the answer to my question until you slapped me across the face with it.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
Seijuro,

Just in case you missed my comment, your findings are most likely due to lean spool. Do you have that enabled? Your AFRMAP compared to your mapped values are exactly in line with the leanspool mappings.
Hey, sorry I wasn't ignoring your post. I did see it and understood where you were pointing me. In looking in to that I ended up coming across other things and wandered off in mental tangent.

So now that I'm home and I'm going over my Rom in EcuFlash, is there another name for lean spool? I have a "Boost Enhancement (Anti-lag) start RPM" and "... stop RPM respectively.

Is this my lean spool?

Start is 2500 RPM and stop is 4531 RPM.

To be complete, I can set the start RPM higher than the stop RPM to disable it? Or is it better to set the start RPM above my real world shift point?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Give me a second and I'll paste all of the XML defs for lean spool for you to take a look at. The tables you metnioned aren't the lean spool tables.

To disable lean spool, the easiest way is using the periphery bit, but you can use the start and stop RPM.

Or, as another option, you can keep lean spool on and tune for it's effects or even tweak it if you would like.

PHP Code:
    <table name="Lean Spool Start RPM" category="Misc" address="1680" type="1D" level="1" scaling="RPMStatLimit"/>

<
table name="Lean Spool Stop RPM" category="Misc" address="1684" type="1D" level="1" scaling="RPMStatLimit"/>

<
table name="Lean Spool Load Threshold" category="Misc" address="39a2" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Load8">
        <
table name="input value" address="684a" type="X Axis" elements="14" scaling="RPM"/>
    </
table>

<
table name="Lean Spool Trailing Time (Rich Side)" category="Misc" address="397a" type="2D" level="1" scaling="uint8">
        <
table name="input value" address="684a" type="X Axis" elements="14" scaling="RPM"/>
    </
table>

<
table name="Lean Spool Trailing Time (Lean Side)" category="Misc" address="398e" type="2D" level="1" scaling="uint8">
        <
    </
table>

<
table name="Min Temp for Lean Spool" category="Misc" address="167e" type="1D" level="1" scaling="Temp"/>

<
table name="Lean Spool Enable Load Hysteresis" category="Misc" address="167c" type="1D" level="1" scaling="Load16"/>

<
table name="Lean Spool AFR Mapping" category="Misc" address="39b6" type="2D" level="1" scaling="AFR">
        <
table name="base AFR" address="6870" type="X Axis" elements="7" scaling="AFR16"/>
    </
table>

<
table name="Lean Spool AFR below Enable" category="Misc" address="1682" type="1D" level="1" scaling="AFR16"/>

<
table name="Lean Spool Clip Value" category="Misc" address="1686" type="1D" level="1" scaling="AFR16"/> 

Last edited by l2r99gst; Mar 1, 2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

FWIW I still don't know what the MUT acronym actually stands for, although I have a feeling the phrase MUT table is redundant much like the phrase ATM Machine.
https://www.mitsubi****echinfo.com/epacarb/default.jsp

EDIT: ok. that's stupid the profanity filter edited the url. replae *** with a four letter word for poop.

Scroll down and read about MUTIII. We call the protocol "mut" because it's meant to be used with that tool.

d

Last edited by donour; Mar 1, 2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
Give me a second and I'll paste all of the XML defs for lean spool for you to take a look at. The tables you metnioned aren't the lean spool tables.

To disable lean spool, the easiest way is using the periphery bit, but you can use the start and stop RPM.

Or, as another option, you can keep lean spool on and tune for it's effects or even tweak it if you would like.

PHP Code:
    <table name="Lean Spool Start RPM" category="Misc" address="1680" type="1D" level="1" scaling="RPMStatLimit"/>

<
table name="Lean Spool Stop RPM" category="Misc" address="1684" type="1D" level="1" scaling="RPMStatLimit"/>

<
table name="Lean Spool Load Threshold" category="Misc" address="39a2" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Load8">
        <
    </
table>

<
table name="Lean Spool Trailing Time (Rich Side)" category="Misc" address="397a" type="2D" level="1" scaling="uint8">
        <
    </
table>

<
table name="Lean Spool Trailing Time (Lean Side)" category="Misc" address="398e" type="2D" level="1" scaling="uint8">
        <
    </
table>

<
table name="Min Temp for Lean Spool" category="Misc" address="167e" type="1D" level="1" scaling="Temp"/>

<
table name="Lean Spool Enable Load Hysteresis" category="Misc" address="167c" type="1D" level="1" scaling="Load16"/>

<
table name="Lean Spool AFR Mapping" category="Misc" address="39b6" type="2D" level="1" scaling="AFR">
        <
table name="base AFR" address="6870" type="X Axis" elements="7" scaling="AFR16"/>
    </
table>

<
table name="Lean Spool AFR below Enable" category="Misc" address="1682" type="1D" level="1" scaling="AFR16"/>

<
table name="Lean Spool Clip Value" category="Misc" address="1686" type="1D" level="1" scaling="AFR16"/> 
Ah I see. Thanks.

Looks like I have more work cut out for me.

I have a couple different 96530006.xml files

Depending on which one I drop in to my rommetadata folder, I either do or don't have Periphery bits.

It appears that Periphery bits come from the base file. In my XML files where Periphery bits display in EcuFlash, they read; <include>evo7base_20081101</include>

In my XML files where Periphery bits don't display, they read
<include>evo7base</include>

I'm not sure what that's about. I think it may be due to version difference. I use a newer version of EcuFlash to edit, but I'm relegated to an older version for flashing.

EDIT: I found code very similar to what you have above in my evo7base_20081101.xml file. I modified my 96530006.xml to include evo7base_20081101, and now when I open it in EcuFlash there is a "Fuel Lean Spool" statement under Current Rom Metadata, however it is not expandable. Hmm.

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, it looks like the base file lays out the framework for the metadata "tree". The definition file fills out the details within that tree of where the data can be found on the ROM, and how it should be displayed to the user.

So, although I have the tree built for lean spool in the base, none of the details are there in my definition file.
The code you posted should be then that 2nd half that I'm missing, but I've gotten the impression that addresses vary from ROM to ROM. What ROM version is that from?

Last edited by Seijuro; Mar 1, 2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
I have no other choice but eculod with my current ecu. The timing map seems to follow it precislyy since when e ee I adjust timing for knock it reflects my changes fine. But my fuel map is a different story
I don't think you have an option then but to use RPM and AFRMAP to tell where on the fuel map you actually are. Just plain raw load is not enough. You can however look at what your raw load value is logged, and how far off from the point on the fuel table that is according to AFRMAP. That will give you an idea how much IAT and BARO compensation there is.

If you've got lean spool going on though, that's too many uncharted variables to work with. I'd disable it until you are able to log corrected load.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks man. My car isn't turboed factory so lean spool isn't available anyways along with anything else in regards to the turbo. So is 10.01 the max low the afrmap will read? Be ause e ery pull I did the afr. Stopped dropping at ten arund 3000 rpms then stays there until I redline and let off the throttle.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

My fuel table is at 7.4 where I'm leaning out and still. Reads 10. Sorry for all the typos I am posting from my phone lol
Old Mar 1, 2010, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
Thanks man. My car isn't turboed factory so lean spool isn't available anyways along with anything else in regards to the turbo. So is 10.01 the max low the afrmap will read? Be ause e ery pull I did the afr. Stopped dropping at ten arund 3000 rpms then stays there until I redline and let off the throttle.
For starters, do your high octane and low octane fuel tables match? If not, are you logging any knock?

I'm pretty sure you can safely go by just the high octane map if you don't have knock. If you do have knock, the computer is going to start to blend the high and low octane maps.

That's why I have my high octane and low octane maps equal, for now, to cut out that variable.

So that said, can you post up a screen shot of your fuel table and a graph of your pull?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 03:02 PM
Evolving Member

Man am I ever catching hell with these .xml files.

Now stuff is missing, like Injector Size scaling.

EDIT: Okay I see what's going on. Since I changed the definition file to reference a different base file, the table names don't always align.

In the base file it's "Injector Size Scaling". In the definition file, it's "Injector Scaling".

I guess that's my lesson in thinking you can take data from two different software versions and smush them together without bugs.

Last edited by Seijuro; Mar 1, 2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

The addresses I gave you were for 9653xxxx.

Quick Reply: Fuel maps don't line up?