Notices
ECU Flash

Fuel trims dont change....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel trims dont change....

So I installed 880s with intentions to go e85. While trying to scale them I noticed that my LTFT stay at 0. I did as suggested with 8's and disconnected the negative terminal and tried to start to car to reset the trims. I reconnect the terminal and it starts off fine. Idling around 14.7 so I start to log. A minute or so in the STFT start changing, I wait for the ltft cycle (6 min), nothing. changes.

I searched on here about some people having a similar problem. According to replies first step is making sure you reset the trims. Second is it might be in open loop cause by the MAF reading wrong. Logging air flow it stays at 37.5hz so I go to check my open loop load and open loop throttle. Someone posted what theirs looked like and it worked for them logging ltft. My open loop load tables looked identical but the open loop throttle(high/low load) were in rpm vs throttlevoltage. Could this be my issue?

Another thing I read about what might cause this was a problem with evoscan and it was advised to use mitsulogger to log ltft and stft. I used this and still 0's across the board for ltft regardless of how long it idled.

Now with my luck I am assuming that there is no way they can be perfect 0's across the board first try.

Any help or ideas? I have read through almost every page on Injector scaling and latency along with the supermerge and it has provided lots of great info but nothing that seems to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Aaron
Old Apr 14, 2010, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As a note the fuel trims change based on what the airflow is at the time.

So at lower airflow hz it changes the low trims and while cruising the mid trims. I don't believe the car even uses the high and long term trims to be honest. I believe there are a few threads on the issue of airflow hz and fuel trims try those for search terms.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 08:38 PM

yeah I knew the low trims were at idle and mid were at cruise. I searched through everything took it down to my local tuner and he figured out that it was my rom (96420008) he loaded up tephra V7 and after 6 minutes (cycle) it started reading the ltft. So if anyone else reads this and has this issue where their trims wont move this could help.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ValdezeEvo
yeah I knew the low trims were at idle and mid were at cruise. I searched through everything took it down to my local tuner and he figured out that it was my rom (96420008) he loaded up tephra V7 and after 6 minutes (cycle) it started reading the ltft. So if anyone else reads this and has this issue where their trims wont move this could help.
That's pretty strange I started out with that rom, stock rom for me, and didn't have that issue. Of course I never really bothered with the high trim as I found out later it wasn't used in that rom version.

Glad you have it working though
Old Apr 15, 2010, 02:36 AM

yeah i thought it was wierd too but oh well bigger maps and more goodies, can't complain....