Notices
ECU Flash

Ecu Differences Lancer vs Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2010, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ecu Differences Lancer vs Evo?

Ok stupid question I know so let me paraphrase my thoughts here.

I have been disassembling this lancer rom now for about a week and as far as I can tell the code base and way it runs minus a few tid bits here and there are pretty much identical.

So now I'm basically curious what would happen if someone acutally tried to flash the stock lancer Ecu with an Evo rom? Checking out the pin outs from some other posts the only differences I can see pin out wise are pin 8 and 22 are swapped for the fuel and AC clutch circut.

So my hypothesis is if we swapped the wires and flashed the rom it would work. Unlike the denso/motronic ecu I can't really see how the hardware is setup via the rom so determining this is basically guesswork.

IF ANYONE has experience or an answer I'd love to hear it. I would love to see if its possible to just hack in evo code to a lancer rom and make it work.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Ok stupid question I know so let me paraphrase my thoughts here.

I have been disassembling this lancer rom now for about a week and as far as I can tell the code base and way it runs minus a few tid bits here and there are pretty much identical.

So now I'm basically curious what would happen if someone acutally tried to flash the stock lancer Ecu with an Evo rom? Checking out the pin outs from some other posts the only differences I can see pin out wise are pin 8 and 22 are swapped for the fuel and AC clutch circut.

So my hypothesis is if we swapped the wires and flashed the rom it would work. Unlike the denso/motronic ecu I can't really see how the hardware is setup via the rom so determining this is basically guesswork.

IF ANYONE has experience or an answer I'd love to hear it. I would love to see if its possible to just hack in evo code to a lancer rom and make it work.
I can tell you for sure we base lancers can run evo ecus just by switching those two pins and inputting our table data into the evo tables several have done it including myself . Due to other circumstances though I reverted back to my stock ecu awhile back but several have them permanent.

So anyone know if this has the potential to ruin my stock ecu if I attempted it? I wouldnt mind giving it a shot since I still have several evo roms setup to run my lancer from when I had the evo ecu. I just cant afford to toast my stock ecu the wife would KILL me considering all the other money I have been dumping into it the last few months
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
I can tell you for sure we base lancers can run evo ecus just by switching those two pins and inputting our table data into the evo tables several have done it including myself . Due to other circumstances though I reverted back to my stock ecu awhile back but several have them permanent.

So anyone know if this has the potential to ruin my stock ecu if I attempted it? I wouldnt mind giving it a shot since I still have several evo roms setup to run my lancer from when I had the evo ecu. I just cant afford to toast my stock ecu the wife would KILL me considering all the other money I have been dumping into it the last few months
Yeah I was reading about it.

Don't try to download of the rom until someone can get us an answer if it wont brick the ecu. I don't want you to kill your DD for the sake of testing. Hell if i had a lancer ecu i could pop it into the evo and see if i couldn't flash it to run my current rom

Last edited by RoadSpike; Apr 24, 2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Just updating this thread in case someone searches on these terms for the results

SUCCESS you can flash a 03-07 lancer that uses the SH7052 ecu to use the Evo code as proved in this post.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8239278-post47.html
Old Apr 26, 2010, 02:03 PM
qnz
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eclipses have been doing this with their manual ECUs
Old Apr 26, 2010, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by qnz
Eclipses have been doing this with their manual ECUs
Is the eclipse different than the lancer in that the ecu has pins to it for the transmission?

I only found a few segments of the pins for a lancer ecu but from what i can tell the lancer ecu itself doesn't appear to have any hardware to control the transmission with. I'd assume the eclipse is the same way with a separate controller for the transmission bolted on somewhere.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

I know old dodge avengers (pretty much a 2g eclipse) have a seperate computer from the ecu to control the auto transmissions. I had to replace mine.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Update on this subject:

Do not try to use an evo rom on the auto transmission lancer!

Their roms are really 512kb in size just like the GT-A airtek I found that out looking at some jump points that were way out of range. The ecu has control of the transmissions shift points and torque converter lockup so of course it remains totally locked up 0% duty with an evo rom.

Good news is it wont brick the ecu lol.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

Minor update:

The lancer 2002-2007 auto ecu can take and run the evo 7 GTA code!

Still highly experimental trying to figure out the solenoid maps is a pain in the butt. Have most of them now but I am lacking the shift point maps which seem ambiguously missing. Perhaps the shift points are not controls via ecu?
Old May 2, 2010, 08:00 AM
qnz
Evolving Member

they are all one one Ecu thats why the Auto has 3 rows of pins and the manual is 2 rows.

I remember someone on Open ECU saying they were able to read and write to the auto Ecu on a airtek, but never shared the info. This was years ago tho.
Old May 2, 2010, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by qnz
they are all one one Ecu thats why the Auto has 3 rows of pins and the manual is 2 rows.

I remember someone on Open ECU saying they were able to read and write to the auto Ecu on a airtek, but never shared the info. This was years ago tho.
I have that file an evo 7 GT-a right?

Update time!

The 2005-2006 automatic ecu's use a different flashing method than the 2002-2004? they use flash method mitsukernelocp instead of mitsukernel, same as the evo9. I did successfully have a 2002 file flashed using the new method to a 2005 ecu which was half bricked and it worked and ran great. So the kernel in the 2005-2006 lancer's got moved to the evo9 location.

Please update your xml files if you plan on flashing these cars.
Memory model is sh7055
flashmethod is mitsukernelocp
Old May 2, 2010, 06:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Minor update:

The lancer 2002-2007 auto ecu can take and run the evo 7 GTA code!

Still highly experimental trying to figure out the solenoid maps is a pain in the butt. Have most of them now but I am lacking the shift point maps which seem ambiguously missing. Perhaps the shift points are not controls via ecu?
Shift Point maps start:
419f6
32elements
You should have 6 of them in total. Sorry I don't have all of them, there's no more 7GTA here in sg. Should be easy to hunt them down. there're all located at the same place.
Old May 2, 2010, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by clck
Shift Point maps start:
419f6
32elements
You should have 6 of them in total. Sorry I don't have all of them, there's no more 7GTA here in sg. Should be easy to hunt them down. there're all located at the same place.
Sweet I'll get to those then
Old May 2, 2010, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Special side note:

There are way more than 6 mapped shift points in this guy More like 17!

Looking at the maps and comparing them to invec2 shift point diagram they relate scary well so i think its definitely a possible map. I think whats going on here is the maps are for both acceleration shifting, sport mode, and down shifting which is pretty awesome but will just take me alot of time to really figure it all out.
Old May 2, 2010, 09:52 PM
Account Disabled

Special side note:

There are way more than 6 mapped shift points in this guy More like 17!

Looking at the maps and comparing them to invec2 shift point diagram they relate scary well so i think its definitely a possible map. I think whats going on here is the maps are for both acceleration shifting, sport mode, and down shifting which is pretty awesome but will just take me alot of time to really figure it all out.
After that you can fool around with the SST mapping too if you want.

- Bryan

Quick Reply: Ecu Differences Lancer vs Evo?